Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-30-2011, 08:19 PM #1
IDBalleR

Epiphany or Ion

Hey guys, I'm looking back to get into paintballing.
I've found two guns, an Ion and an Epiphany.
I can get the Ion for About 75$ cheaper then the Epiphany.
Which do you say I should go for. Now I haven't played speedball
and am wondering which would go better for an introduction to speedball.
IDBalleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2011, 09:45 PM #2
ballahamman32
BOOM!!

Annual Supporting Member
ballahamman32 is BST Legit
ballahamman32 is playing at Living Legends VII
ballahamman32 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ballahamman32 supports DLX Technology
ballahamman32 supports Empire
An epiphany is an upgraded ion it comes stock with what you would or could upgrade on an ion. It has a metal body and a slightly lighter frame, the can has inserts but that's about it

I fix ions leaks not shooting tuning, I also fix broken ion boards pm me for prices on any ion instillations or prices for fixing/ maintenance!!

SMART PARTS ION PARTS STOCK/UPGRADED ------> http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post77505767
ballahamman32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM #3
Paint iLy

Epiphany, like the above post stated its just a upgraded ion.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:54 PM #4
spartan117d7

spartan117d7 is playing at Living Legends V
spartan117d7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
spartan117d7 posts videos on PbNation
spartan117d7 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
spartan117d7 supports DLX Technology
get the epiphany over an ion

CHECK THEM OUT: WILLING TO PAY FOR TRADES WITH THESE BELOW!

QUALITY GAMING COMPUTER SET UP FST!

4xREPLAY XD 1080 mini FST
spartan117d7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:16 PM #5
GrizzyGregPB

GrizzyGregPB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GrizzyGregPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have owned both guns, and both shoot really well for an entry level price range. The main difference as far as performance is the epiphany comes stock with a firebolt. It's a little more accurate. But it's heavy as ****. If you can find an upped Ion for a decent price, you're honestly better off going with the Ion. Much lighter, and the guns have the same exact circuit board, only difference is the solenoid. The epiphany solenoid is rated for higher pressures, because the epiphany runs at an opp pressure of 240-280 psi, while the Ion runs around 170-190. Depending on your setup.
GrizzyGregPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:19 PM #6
ShocktechV

ShocktechV has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShocktechV has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
^The solenoids are the same. I have an old ion board and had to use it in my EOS, an upgraded epiphany, when I had to ship back my virtue board to get fixed and it works just the same.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:18 PM #7
Devlin123

i own several ions and an epiphany. The epiphany frame is a delight, but other than that I would say go with en up'd ion.

below is my current setup. The only thing left from an epiphany on it is the frame, grips and freak barrel (and breach, but that is the same as the one on the ion).

I have gotten several (up'd) ions and an epiphany and taken the best bits and parts from different ones and this is what I have:

(just the other day I ordered a BOB body for it. after that I won't do anything to it unless it breaks)

a word of advice, the ion and epiphany frame have different size holes for their triggers (the epiphany is one size bigger, meaning that the screws from an ion trigger will not thread). Also, the firing can on the epiphany (where the inserts go) is a bit narrower than the stock ion so you can't use the orange nano bolt upgrade kit with an epiphany can.
Devlin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:23 PM #8
Devlin123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocktechV View Post
^The solenoids are the same.
nope.

the solenoids are not the same. The epiphany noid is built to work at a higher pressure. HOWEVER, you can mix the boards anyway you want and it will work without the inserts (but with the smallest insert a stock ion noid might break in an epiphany). THe wrapping on the noid is different to indicate if it can handle the higher pressures.
Devlin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:19 AM #9
bdennis02

bdennis02 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bdennis02 is for the Gunfight
bdennis02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bdennis02 is attending Decay of Nations VI
epiphany, it's like buying the honda special edition, i owned a epiphany for my first 4 years of my paintball career, AMAZINGLY reliable. loved it , it is my back ups back up now, still fires perfect, bought it new in 2006. still take it out for woodsball every now and then ,
bdennis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:38 PM #10
coy2000100
Paintball=EGOS

coy2000100 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
coy2000100 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
coy2000100 is attending Decay of Nations VI
coy2000100 supports DLX Technology
deff the epiphany man! way better looks better!

08 CHRONIC EGO

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...326&highlight=

SP Epiphany
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...329&highlight=
coy2000100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:42 PM #11
aa95

Epiphany

I always thought the epiphany was higher end than the ion
aa95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:28 PM #12
Punisher068

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin123 View Post
nope.

the solenoids are not the same. The epiphany noid is built to work at a higher pressure. HOWEVER, you can mix the boards anyway you want and it will work without the inserts (but with the smallest insert a stock ion noid might break in an epiphany). THe wrapping on the noid is different to indicate if it can handle the higher pressures.
True,the Epiphany noid IS higher pressure,I believe the Virtue has s higher rated noid also but not positive.
The epiphany was design to improve the efficiency of the Ion platform with the devolumizing inserts& higher pressure.Unless your limited to 3k files at your field or you use a small tank it isn't much of an upgrade.Better to run at lower pressure to prevent ball breaks.
I would recommend paying a little more and getting a Ion XE,the bolt out back will save you slot of time,they can be $20-50 more than a original Ion but worth it
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:49 AM #13
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The ONLY reason the Epiphanys solenoid is rated for a higher pressure is for use with solenoid inserts. The ion did not function well at lower pressures and produced a lot of inconsistencies. For those who play indoor where pressures may be required to run a little lower, this was a problem. The fire chamber inserts were a simple fix for this issues, however they would raise the pressure higher than what the stock solenoid would be able to handle.. You can check zdspb.com for more in depth explanations. Without any inserts in the epiphany it will run at the same pressure as an Ion. I like the Epiphany a lot more than the Ion. Ions are great but the trigger and frame on the Epiphany is really awesome IMO. I prefer the looks of the epiphany as well.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 AM #14
cdv17

cdv17 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
epiphany is like everyone said an upgraded ion. In my opinion i would get the ion if it is $75 cheaper. does the ion have any upgrades on it. I wouldnt pay more than 30 more for an epiphany. keep looking you can find epiphany's for 100 or less
"then I busted to the snake and shot like 77 guys...wiped five hits...stopped to dry hump a hot mom in the stands...and punched a 14 yr old spoiled kid in the face who was holding a $1500 marker his mom bought him...then the ref high-fived me for being a BAD ***."
cdv17 is offline   Reply With Quote