Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
Blacc Dragon plays in the APPA beginner division
Blacc Dragon is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basik123 View Post
I don't think they're going to hold back the Geo 3.1 from the public; I just don't think it's reasonable to release two identical guns especially when it would be identical to an SL gun which would interrupt their sales. Just saying..
2 different customers. All of the SL's & standard have been available simultaneously, with neither line's sales being impacted.
Blacc Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 PM #23
Iowa
Shooting ropes at dopes

Annual Supporting Member
Iowa is BST Legit
Iowa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Iowa supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
I do understand SLs. I've owned almost every ego and geo since 2007 (not a high horse rant, just stating the fact). All I'm saying is that the Geo 3.1 would have came before the GSL and because the concept of both guns are practically identical, I wouldn't expect the 3.1 till at least mid/way through next year or more towards the end of it.
You're wrong. 3.1 will come out in February at Extravaganza, after GSL's are delivered in early January.

Hardly identical with the milling and back cap changes too.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 PM #24
Basik123
Unofficially Official

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Basik123 helped look for balloons
Basik123 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Basik123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Basik123 posts videos on PbNation
Basik123 is an NCPA player
Basik123 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Dragon View Post
2 different customers. All of the SL's & standard have been available simultaneously, with neither line's sales being impacted.
One was always more updated, milled, etc then the other. I just don't see HOW you could do any more at this time. I think we can all agree that SLs were easier in the earlier years but at this day and age, it's harder to improve the platform and thus they just change the milling. Pre-$2000 dollar guns, it was manageable and people were willing to pay the extra couple hundred dollars but now with gun prices reaching rates that compare to car down payments, I just don't see it happening. I'm not saying the Geo 3.1 isn't happening; I'm just saying that it most likely won't till later next year. You can make me bite my tongue if I'm proven wrong.
Basik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 PM #25
Basik123
Unofficially Official

Annual Supporting Member
Basik123 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
You're wrong. 3.1 will come out in February at Extravaganza, after GSL's are delivered in early January.

Hardly identical with the milling and back cap changes too.
I answered this in my post just above this. If you think that milling and a different back cap which are incredibly minute, changes a gun then you've got something coming...

I'm not trying to have a pissing contest. I've stated opinions so please stop acting like I'm slamming facts on the table here.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:18 PM #26
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend plays in the APPA D4 division
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
I don't think they're going to hold back the Geo 3.1 from the public; I just don't think it's reasonable to release two identical guns especially when it would cut DEEP into their SL line. From a buyers perspective "I'll buy the cheaper of the two, especially if it looks the same and does the same thing"
I really don't see what you're ****ting your pants about. I'll just go over the extras over the standard Geo3.

GSL:
-AT pipe
-New grips
-New bolt
-New bolt removal
-New milling
-Barrel kit
-Extra trigger
-Comes with software goodies
-Is a collectors piece

Geo3.1:
-AT pipe
-New grips

I HIGHLY doubt someone is going to buy a GSL over a standard Geo3 JUST because of the AT pipe setup. They're going to buy for the other extras and the exclusiveness of the SL line.

EΔRL
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:21 PM #27
Basik123
Unofficially Official

Annual Supporting Member
Basik123 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
I really don't see what you're ****ting your pants about. I'll just go over the extras over the standard Geo3.

GSL:
-AT pipe
-New grips
-New bolt
-New bolt removal
-New milling
-Barrel kit
-Extra trigger
-Is a collectors piece

Geo3.1:
-AT pipe
-New grips

I HIGHLY doubt someone is going to buy a GSL over a standard Geo3 JUST because of the AT pipe setup. They're going to buy for the other extras and the exclusiveness of the SL line.
There's always that person who takes a friendly argument and changes the environment into that of a hostile one. Those were my opinions and I was sticking by them, if you feel the need to yell and shot because you are an idiotic child, then by all means...
Old 10-20-2013, 09:23 PM #28
Iowa
Shooting ropes at dopes

Annual Supporting Member
Iowa is BST Legit
Iowa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Iowa supports Team VICIOUS
You're a loudmouth judging by your posts so I'll keep this brief. With 750 GSL's total and likely only 450 making it state side there will be no "Deep" cuts into the sales, considering it's released first for one, and second, there have Never been issues for Planet selling their SL's.

You want the 3.1 cuz it's the same gun for cheaper, great, get one. But didn't you just say milling wasn't enough to warrant your dollars? From that photo, all you'd know that's different is the gas line so why buy it?

I've heard enough from you so I'm tuning out, I got all the information needed this weekend from the people I work with from Planet.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:23 PM #29
Funk21

Don't like at all, especially after seeing th GSL-such beautiful milling. I know we all have budgets to live by but if I'm looking at the purchase of Geo3.1 there is no way i drop 1350 when i can pay 1850 for a limited edition marker with a phneumatic lock bolt rather than screw out back, two triggers instead of one, and a full barrel kit with 15 and 17 inch fronts or whatever they are.
Guerilla 70CI 4500
Dye Rotor
Empire Z2
Funk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:23 PM #30
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOBRYAN View Post
Geo 3.1 is the GSL
False. Look at the back cap and the milling...I wouldn't be surprised if the geo 3 and geo 3.1 had the same engine like the 2 and the 2.1. However, the GSL has the all new bolt. Just something to think about. However, this was probably in the Eclipse "VIP" or staging area much like the one Empire and GI had for its sponsored teams.
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:24 PM #31
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

Quote:
There's always that person who takes a friendly argument and changes the environment into that of a hostile one. Those were my opinions and I was sticking by them, if you feel the need to yell and shot because you are an idiotic child, then by all means...
I just don't want a thread to be cluttered with an because someone can't wrap their head around the fact that the SL version isn't going to sell just on the AT pipe alone.

EΔRL
Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 PM #32
Basik123
Unofficially Official

Annual Supporting Member
Basik123 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
You're a loudmouth judging by your posts so I'll keep this brief. With 750 GSL's total and likely only 450 making it state side there will be no "Deep" cuts into the sales, considering it's released first for one, and second, there have Never been issues for Planet selling their SL's.

You want the 3.1 cuz it's the same gun for cheaper, great, get one. But didn't you just say milling wasn't enough to warrant your dollars? From that photo, all you'd know that's different is the gas line so why buy it?

I've heard enough from you so I'm tuning out, I got all the information needed this weekend from the people I work with from Planet.
Once again, another e-thug strikes. People on the internet are so quick to strike. You guys must belong to some broken homes. If you can't sit in an online forum and debate without shouting at the top of your lungs and be enraged by opposing opinions, then my friend, the internet is not for you.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:30 PM #33
TheHef

There goes GSL resale....

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post80475666
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:42 PM #34
thepaintballkidd
Fluffy Ninja

thepaintballkidd supports Team VICIOUS
thepaintballkidd plays in the APPA beginner division
thepaintballkidd supports DLX Technology
thepaintballkidd supports Empire
Quote:
Once again, another e-thug strikes. People on the internet are so quick to strike. You guys must belong to some broken homes. If you can't sit in an online forum and debate without shouting at the top of your lungs and be enraged by opposing opinions, then my friend, the internet is not for you.
Argue your opinion all you want, it doesn't make you more or less right, facts do. The facts are that Planet Eclipse has never released an SL version of a marker before the standard version. The GSL is a brand new marker and so is the GEO 3.1, both of them were "announced" at World Cup. Because of this, I believe that the 3.1 will start shipping in December (This can change due to the amount of orders requested). The GSL will most likely start shipping a month or so afterward (Again, this can change).

Now onto the 3.1, I like it. It was pretty obvious this was only a matter of time, and I personally am very excited to see this marker perform. It pretty much took the best features from the top markers around and combined them. Also, the 3.1 will reduce the price of used GEO 3s and Lv1s which is good for the buyer (me), but bad for the seller.
thepaintballkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:45 PM #35
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Annual Supporting Member
Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
Blacc Dragon plays in the APPA beginner division
Blacc Dragon is Legendary
Quote:

GSL:
-AT pipe
-New grips
-New bolt
-New bolt removal
-New milling
-Barrel kit
-Extra trigger
-Is a collectors piece

Geo3.1:
-AT pipe
-New grips

Quote:
I just don't want a thread to be cluttered with an because someone can't wrap their head around the fact that the SL version isn't going to sell just on the AT pipe alone.
I think that you are referring to the wrong one. The 3.1 seems to be the one with only the new grips & AT pipe, whereas the GSL is the limited edition one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk21 View Post
Don't like at all, especially after seeing th GSL-such beautiful milling. I know we all have budgets to live by but if I'm looking at the purchase of Geo3.1 there is no way i drop 1350 when i can pay 1850 for a limited edition marker with a phneumatic lock bolt rather than screw out back, two triggers instead of one, and a full barrel kit with 15 and 17 inch fronts or whatever they are.
I think that you are right in your logic, but sometimes that limited release number will have a greater impact on the decision than a person's budget. Many people have the funds, but not the ability to purchase. At that point, if they are a Geo fan ready to purchase & don't already have a 3, they will probably pick up a 3.1.
Blacc Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:46 PM #36
Basik123
Unofficially Official

Annual Supporting Member
Basik123 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaintballkidd View Post
Argue your opinion all you want, it doesn't make you more or less right, facts do. The facts are that Planet Eclipse has never released an SL version of a marker before the standard version. The GSL is a brand new marker and so is the GEO 3.1, both of them were "announced" at World Cup. Because of this, I believe that the 3.1 will start shipping in December (This can change due to the amount of orders requested). The GSL will most likely start shipping a month or so afterward (Again, this can change).

Now onto the 3.1, I like it. It was pretty obvious this was only a matter of time, and I personally am very excited to see this marker perform. It pretty much took the best features from the top markers around and combined them. Also, the 3.1 will reduce the price of used GEO 3s and Lv1s which is good for the buyer (me), but bad for the seller.
I'm not exactly sure where you're going with this. I never said the SL was released before the standard for starters. Second, the 3.1 was NOT released at Cup nor was it widely available for spectators to see. It was CLEARLY a private section of Cup. Third, there is ABSOLUTELY no way that the 3.1 would ship out in December without even a hint of a release date.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:55 PM #37
C@mM!

Somewhat scared at the .1 denomination of this, whilst GEO's are reliable workhorses, they could definitely use a efficiency and smoothness increase where possible - if its simply a GEO 3 with the new gas thru pipe setup... well, I think you would be a mug to upgrade from a GEO 3.

As for the GSL, no one has actually shot one to see if any of the quoted improvements on that are meaningful, so all in all pretty disappointing atm.
C@mM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:56 PM #38
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Squattingdog is a founding member
Everything in this thread is speculation, yet there is arguing. Classic PBN.
Squattingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:33 PM #39
Henrybg
Notorious

Annual Supporting Member
Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squattingdog View Post
Everything in this thread is speculation, yet there is arguing. Classic PBN.
I mean isn't that what makes a forum a forum? Its a place where you can share information and discuss opinions. I'd rather there be bickering than a boring forum.
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM #40
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Dragon View Post
I think that you are referring to the wrong one. The 3.1 seems to be the one with only the new grips & AT pipe, whereas the GSL is the limited edition one.
What I meant was that the selling point of the GSL over the Geo3 wasn't the AT pipe and new grips, whereas that's the only change on the Geo3.1 as far as I know, meaning that the sales of the already short supply of the GSL aren't going to be touched any differently.

EΔRL
Old 10-20-2013, 11:09 PM #41
oldmanian
JLK 10/9/11

Annual Supporting Member
oldmanian is a Supporting Member
oldmanian donated to help Peyton Trent
oldmanian owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
oldmanian supports our troops
oldmanian supports DLX Technology
Quote:
I....

GSL:
-AT pipe
-New grips
-New bolt
-New bolt removal
-New milling
-Barrel kit
-Extra trigger
-Is a collectors piece

Geo3.1:
-AT pipe
-New grips

My guess is that this is correct, also my guess is that the 3.1 will come in new colors as well. They did this with the 2.1, with the only real difference being the Pops and the reg swivel, the LV frame and AT is a nice touch to prolong the Geo 3's but the fact that they are releasing a 3.1 in the near future confuses me a bit with the GSL and their time lines for their cycles. I thought I had it kind of figures out, but again PE has me guessing.

Anyhow. I am really curious to see the 3.1......
Originally posted by Lurker27:" ...incompetence has no raw material..."
oldmanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM #42
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Usually they release X then XSL then Y, YSL and so on.

The .1 like the geo 2.1 was minor updates, the air pipe and grips are kind of a big update so I would have expected that on the geo4.

Surprised to see the 3.1 banner so close to the GSL release which usually doesnt happen.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.