Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-17-2013, 06:29 PM #22
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermick View Post
Exactly. That's my biggest issue with the GoPro, while the quality of the video/sound is great, it's just a really inconvenient shape. The tube shaped cams just seem to lend themselves to being mounted inconspicuously, and not always in the way.

Yup. Here's an option I stumbled on when I was looking for Condor alternatives, but while it comes with a ton of mounting options, the price is right, and the quality seems quite good, who knows how it'd handle a direct hit from a paintball?

http://www.tachyoninc.com/guncam.php
Looked into that, they aren't build well enough for paintball and few last very long.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2013, 06:55 PM #23
Slyzo

Slyzo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Slyzo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Slyzo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Slyzo has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avint View Post
I feel them [GoPro on barrel of Marker] too loud and hard to tell what is going on since when running all you see is dirt and then back up but no context of cover
I completely agree. I hate watching a video where the camera is placed on the barrel of the Marker. It's loud and hard to tell what is going on.

Watching a GoPro on the helmet or on the hip is much better than watching a GoPro on the barrel in my opinion.
Slyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:24 PM #24
blueNgoldEGO

blueNgoldEGO owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blueNgoldEGO has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blueNgoldEGO has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
blueNgoldEGO supports Empire
Had mine on the top of my visor. held pretty nice and the video was perfect. Kinda acted like a periscope but oh well. It was pretty sturdy and barely ever bounced. couldn't really notice it on video. It gives it a good "COD" or "Halo" effect when watching. just my opinion

black and orange mustang gt stage 2 procharger 540whp 448trq
blueNgoldEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 PM #25
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Action cams are pretty pointless for the majority of paintball "shooting". Unless you are shooting players closer than 30 -40 feet, you simply won't see who you are shooting with any of the action cams on the market.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 PM #26
empi99
of Saradomin

empi99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
empi99 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
empi99 supports Empire
i head mounted my intova on a cheap jt mask. there isnt much extra weight and the videos are fun to watch. the barrel mount vids arent that great, you can only see what your marker is shooting at. if you do decide to do a top of the head mount, make sure you get the mount angle right, because with mine it points down to far and you cant really see much.
  • badassmcgee
empi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:02 AM #27
PsychoticSteve23

Annual Supporting Member
PsychoticSteve23 is playing at Living Legends VII
PsychoticSteve23 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PsychoticSteve23 supports Team VICIOUS
PsychoticSteve23 supports Team VICIOUS
PsychoticSteve23 is Legendary
PsychoticSteve23 supports Empire
Replay XD 720 on the mask. It would take a perfect shot to hit. Great video with sound.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:43 PM #28
dgarduno303

dgarduno303 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
dgarduno303 plays in the APPA D5 division
I always put my goggle cam on right
dgarduno303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:55 PM #29
wolf16731

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermick View Post
Exactly. That's my biggest issue with the GoPro, while the quality of the video/sound is great, it's just a really inconvenient shape. The tube shaped cams just seem to lend themselves to being mounted inconspicuously, and not always in the way.

Yup. Here's an option I stumbled on when I was looking for Condor alternatives, but while it comes with a ton of mounting options, the price is right, and the quality seems quite good, who knows how it'd handle a direct hit from a paintball?

http://www.tachyoninc.com/guncam.php
I use a Tachyon. Mine isn't the HD version but it does alright for itself. I forgot my normal mounts at home for my mask, but I fabbed something up to make it work as a gun cam on the side of my MKPII. Its been hit a few times and always keeps going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FquZ55dgGrg
wolf16731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:03 AM #30
wolf16731

I've also used my camera for many things other than paintball. I have used it on long 4wheeler rides on my Kawasaki KFX400. Its been pelted by rocks and mud and has even been swamped in water from a Seadoo ride. That and its convenient to record my RC races by clipping it to my hat. Always stays on point where my truck is.

Overall, I am happy with it for the price. I bought a $12 32GB SD card for it and have been rolling happy ever since. One thing I found helpful to have around is one of those mobile chargers for phones and such that have a rechargable battery built into it. I forget the brand I bought, but it can charge two devices through USB ports at the same time and holds enough juice to completely recharge two or three smartphones from 0% in one go. Very nice to have when you are away from normal charging options since I am usually able to get about 4-5 hours on a single charge from the Tachyon XC.

If you are still questioning the reliability and durability of a Tachyon, I'm just going to let it be known that mine survived Afghanistan.
wolf16731 is offline   Reply With Quote