Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013, 12:16 PM #232
speed_GA
GO MAVS
 
speed_GA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: South Atlanta
speed_GA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
speed_GA plays in the APPA D5 division
speed_GA supports Empire
WHOA


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Major respect for the tontons! Viva La France!
__________________
Georgia Baller
Red Drank 2014
speed_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2013, 12:56 PM #233
raiderpaintball09
 
 
raiderpaintball09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
It was mechanical issues 100%.. two dye teams both faced similar incidents with their guns shooting hot.
I believe the TonTons player may have mistaken Lane Wright's comments on cheating as directed towards him.. He said " The Tontons are NOT cheating bastards... But the press release gave off a wrong impression of the Tontons and people decided to begin bashing them. Tontons not competing in the PSP is a huge loss. Their games are extremely exciting to watch and they can beat anyone.. losing a team like that is bad for business. HUGE MISTAKE for PSP.
raiderpaintball09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:57 PM #234
PeteSterE
Bambino
 
PeteSterE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Fog City
PeteSterE is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PeteSterE supports DLX Technology
I'll miss the TonTons as well.
__________________
Cutting Edge Paintball
PeteSterE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:07 PM #235
HybridPB
 
 
HybridPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
TonTons were a fun team to watch unlike some others teams "cough damage cough cough" and will be missed
HybridPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:09 PM #236
McGridDLe
Blackbeard's Delight
 
McGridDLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Altoona, Iowa
McGridDLe owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
McGridDLe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
McGridDLe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
McGridDLe supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
I don't care if you're right or wrong an organization's management should refrain from arguing on a public forum. It's bad practice. It should have been left between PSP and the Ton Tons to handle privately, in a mature and respectful manner.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
McGridDLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:12 PM #237
drillbit
 
 
drillbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
drillbit owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
drillbit plays in the APPA D5 division
drillbit has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
drillbit supports Empire
This whole thread has become completely unprofessional. It sounds like d5 players fighting over CFPS.
__________________
EKK ELITE

Part time salesmen, full time youth pastor, "half" time paintballer=all the time crazy!
drillbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:13 PM #238
CrusaderPB
Field, Pro Shop & Repairs
 
CrusaderPB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Annual Supporting Member
CrusaderPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CrusaderPB supports Bob Gurnsey
CrusaderPB supports our troops
CrusaderPB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
CrusaderPB supports Empire
In 5 years, I look forward to us reminiscing on the time we let a little reg creep force one of the most entertaining teams out of the PSP

Tough break for the Ton Tons
__________________
Crusader Paintball -Serving Philadelphia, Trenton and Princeton
225 Lincoln Highway
Fairless Hills PA 19030 Phone: 215-949-4600
Now a Planet Eclipse Service Center

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Subscribe to our Thread!
CrusaderPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:15 PM #239
ChemistFunk215
 
 
ChemistFunk215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philadelphia, Pa.
so are the ton tons playing or not because if anyone has taken a look at the team list on appa their payment is pending.
__________________
Terry T. a.k.a Terry Funk a.k.a Terry Taco a.k.a The Mayor a.k.a Poe.....still dont know why so many nicknames
Misfit Toys/Misfit Militia
I shoot PaintBullets for Ballers Inc., Valken, CP, Bob Long, Deviant, LVP South, DXS, G.I. Sports, Top Gun, Playground.
ChemistFunk215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:16 PM #240
Nick Brockdorff
 
 
Nick Brockdorff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemistFunk215 View Post
so are the ton tons playing or not because if anyone has taken a look at the team list on appa their payment is pending.
Yes, pending means it has not been received?

So obviously they are not playing.
__________________
I'm brilliant!....... and modest

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:28 PM #241
GosuPaintballer
 
 
GosuPaintballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NC
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemistFunk215 View Post
so are the ton tons playing or not because if anyone has taken a look at the team list on appa their payment is pending.

If you had looked earlier at it, it did say "paid" last week, but has been changed back to pending because they're not coming now. I'm assuming pending would be the TonTon's getting a $ % refund now. I am curious as to what the PSP is going to do to fill that spot or if they've decided to just close that spot and open it back up for a new team in 2014? Anyone know?
__________________
***Even when you can't see Him... God IS there... if you have accepted Jesus as your personal lord and saviour, put this in your sig, if not, you should reexamine your life.***

For the largest and most competitive 5 man Paintball League in the south east go to http://www.thecfoa.com
GosuPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:32 PM #242
Nick Brockdorff
 
 
Nick Brockdorff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridPB View Post
TonTons were a fun team to watch unlike some others teams "cough damage cough cough" and will be missed
I think Damage is awesome - they play smart disciplined paintball - and they are always a contender..... they are the All Americans of our day.... and paintball needs those kinds of teams, just as much as it needs the flashy teams.
__________________
I'm brilliant!....... and modest

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:41 PM #243
HellaMass
Hella Mass
 
HellaMass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlanta
HellaMass plays in the PSP
HellaMass plays in the APPA D4 division
I say send this issue to congress for resolution.
__________________
House of PainT
PSP, GFOA, MILP D4
HellaMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:43 PM #244
ChemistFunk215
 
 
ChemistFunk215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philadelphia, Pa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GosuPaintballer View Post
If you had looked earlier at it, it did say "paid" last week, but has been changed back to pending because they're not coming now. I'm assuming pending would be the TonTon's getting a $ % refund now. I am curious as to what the PSP is going to do to fill that spot or if they've decided to just close that spot and open it back up for a new team in 2014? Anyone know?
I did notice That it said paid and it said paid for a good time after they announced they weren't going to be coming to world cup. I would take a shot and say that it would be opened up to another team to move up in 2014 to keep the balance of teams in pro challengers.
__________________
Terry T. a.k.a Terry Funk a.k.a Terry Taco a.k.a The Mayor a.k.a Poe.....still dont know why so many nicknames
Misfit Toys/Misfit Militia
I shoot PaintBullets for Ballers Inc., Valken, CP, Bob Long, Deviant, LVP South, DXS, G.I. Sports, Top Gun, Playground.
ChemistFunk215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:51 PM #245
Lolerskating Champ
batboy coif
 
Lolerskating Champ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Youngstown, OH
Lolerskating Champ plays in the PSP
Lolerskating Champ is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Lolerskating Champ plays in the APPA D3 division
Get some Raehl. LOL
Lolerskating Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:00 PM #246
maniacmatt73
 
 
maniacmatt73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Annual Supporting Member
maniacmatt73 is BST Trusted
maniacmatt73 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
maniacmatt73 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
maniacmatt73 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loic Voulot View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm Loic Voulot, #25, TonTon player. The player who has been banned 3 games for a shoot at 352 fps
As you can see I don't post a lot, but now I have to.

We say in french "Ne parle pas aux abrutis, a les intruit", means sometime you have to be patient and not response to people talking about you.
BUT when Chris Raehl starts to say lies on me, I have to take position.

First I want to apology for my broken english, this is not my mother language, I ll try to do my best.

Chris is a liar, or stupid, or both and I can not see why he is doing this. Chris is one of the top manager of the PSP, is he talking for himself or is it a way for the PSP to send a message to us?

Chris, I'm the player with the gun shooting at 352fps and I'm not the durty cheater you want to describe.
As we explained many times, I had a oring trouble on my stock gun. I want to say it loud and clear, my gun is a stock gun, from the board to the regulator. The 352 shoot was ONLY the first one, absolutely not during a game. My gun WAS NOT shooting at 352 fps!!

After this game I was at the meeting between, Dave Youngblood, Tom Cole, Damien (Supr'airball staff to translate for me), Fabrice Colombo and me. You were not there but you are talking like you were there and know everything.
I can give you an advice, instead of saying bull*****, you can ask to the PSP to give you my gun and have a look on it. I left America without the gun.
The tech that opened my gun, I mean totally dismounted my gun said to Dave and Tom that the gun was 100% stock and nothing prove that it was intentional to shoot hot. It was a gun trouble, exactly the same that a CEP player had, shooting at 406 fps, in this case again, only the first shoot.
Dave Youngblood himself explained to Tom that the hyper3 oring was looking like a "donut", leaking, increasing the pressure in the gun as long as you wait.
I invite you to watch again the game on pbaccess. You ll see that I had a minor during the first 20 shoots the ref did with my gun (304fps, yellow flag).
It s only minutes after, when the ref came again, my gun have spent minutes on the grass under the sun, my first shoot was at 352 fps, then one at 320 fps then all the shoots under 300fps.

I m 100% sorry for this, I know I had not spent enough time to take care of my gun, to change the orings, to open the gun, grease it. This is an oversight mistake, far away from what you talk about on this forum. This is a big mistake, absolutely not professional but oversight does not mean cheating.

You are the n3 or 4 of the PSP, you speak and write a good english, you manage the college paintball, good for you. It does not mean you are right.
You don't know who I am, what I do and where I come from but you take the right to judge me and say lies.
You can find hundreds of examples in other sports, try to compare, I really don't care because from the beginning, you're lying about me and the team.
You use PSP releases to argue, so what do you think about this part

"Lane Wright :
6. Some TonTon equipment was confiscated and checked by techs.
7. There's no evidence that the guns were intentionally set up to cheat. Nothing about the guns and what they were doing would have given any real advantage to the team using them.
The TonTon's are not dirty cheating bastards - or at least the facts of this situation do not prove or even lean toward that conclusion.

The PSP did not knowingly let them play games with break out modes because we were too lazy to do anything, have no regard for safety, or any other of the ridiculous reasons people have surmised.

Additional penalties will be forthcoming. There is no evidence that the TonTon's engaged in intentional acts to gain advantage over teams and no evidence that malice was involved. Knowing the actual facts about what the guns were doing and/or not doing - there's no reason to believe the issues gave them any actual unfair advantage during competition.

"

Once again, I'm so sorry for this oversight mistake, I run a paintball school, I'm the national French selection captain and member of the France paintball federation, I ll continue to put 100% of my energy to practice hard all year long to be more competitive on the field and promote as good as possible my passion.
I don't need to cheat, I don't want to cheat and I have never cheated, I won't start today.

I want to thank all the smart people that understood we made a mistake, all the people that support us, it counts a lot.
We made a mistake, we respect the rules, we accept the punishment but I ca not accept how you try to deform the reality.

There is a big difference between you and me, Chris.
You say on a public space that my team and I are cheater, with no proof, using lies.
I say you're a stupid liar with about 20 posts on this thread as proofs.

Feel free to reach me by private message if you want to continue your vendetta but be sure I will not waste time to answer you right here. It does not help paintball and more important, I don't understand why you do this.

"L'ignorance, c'est la force"

TonTon 4 Ever
#25 Loic Voulot
Well put, glad to see someone stand up for what that facts are.
__________________
phase 1: collect underpants
phase 2: ?
phase 3: profit

WTB: crosman 3357
maniacmatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 PM #247
PaintballHazard
Ruckus Ruckus Ruckus
 
PaintballHazard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Indiana, USA
PaintballHazard owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaintballHazard plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loic Voulot View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm Loic Voulot, #25, TonTon player. The player who has been banned 3 games for a shoot at 352 fps
I believe you, no one would jeopardize their entire team like that. I also got the facts straight first before I drew conclusions. I'm American and I liked seeing the Ton Tons, or any foreign team, play here. The way I see it, you're guests and it's friendly international competition. Wish you guys would play here again, but I understand your reasons. Best of luck next season
PaintballHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:17 PM #248
tavarez
 
tavarez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Marseille
tavarez is a Professional paintball player
In order to avoid any confusion, Tonton will not compete the Orlando World Cup for financial reason*.
The team is very disappointed .We have put a lot of efforts and money this year to play the PSP and we feel frustrated.
I heard Matt Marshall to speak about a possible redemption by competing in Orlando but we just did in Paris Chantilly by finishing 2nd of the event and winning the Millennium series in CPL front of teams like Art Chaos, Edmonton Impact, Houston Heat, Los Angeles Infamous, London Nexus, Polars Bears, Frankfurt Syndicate..
On the top of that we are EPBF European Champions for a 2nd time in a row and accessory French Champions as well.
Regarding the PSP sanction after the riverside incident, we took note of it but we can not accept it.
We believe we have been strongly already penalized at the event by not been able to play the Challenger final. We lost money and our spot in the pro category. We will not argue about it. We are entire responsible and we have not been professional enough and we have no excuses.
But we can not accept that the PSP is considering that “one or more members of the team willfully took the field with intention of playing the game while knowing their markers were in excess of allowable speed limits” especially the one which shoot at 352 fps.
By being myself with the tech guys and PSP officials, they admit the gun had an oring problem in the regulator Hyper 3.
PSP knew we had stock gun and no intention to cheat.
So we believe the sanction of unsportsmanlike behavior is disproportionate and we still dot not know why they took that sanction.
Furthermore, we are surprised by some post of important PSP-SMP board members/partners which wrote on forums some “bizarre” comments like :
“There was nothing wrong with any oring. I know because I was there and personally held the equipment, including the regulator assembly, and personally talked to the tech.”

“But I think the Tontons player entered the field knowing they were shooting hot because I spoke with the Tontons player and who said they entered the field knowing they were shooting hot.”
This lies generate for sure one important things .
Until these people apologizes for their lies, tontons will not compete in the PSP

Anyway, we had an incredible successful year and I take the opportunity to thanks all the players: Loic, Axel, Frank, Sebban, Karl, sushi, Seb and Pascal The coach. They are incredible players. The best guys I had the pleasure to play with the best possible spirit.
I also would like to thanks ours sponsors: DYE, Projet K, Supairball, Virtue, Safer and Xpaint
Fabrice Colombo alias Tavarez

*some sponsors did not fulfill their engagement and we are running out of cash
tavarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:33 PM #249
Vissa
Vaporized!
 
Vissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Vissa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Great response by both of you guys! I always knew and keep believing every word you say. TonTons are around for so long, longer then many many teams and the organisation is big! You guys are not gonna risk so much cash / effort by cheating, no way!

I hope that all the haters, liars and keyboard lowlives who put TonTons in a negative daylight without even knowing what happenend feel sorry for themselfs. Such people are destroying our sport! To those guys, now man up and apoligize if you really have balls!

Gutted that I can't cheer for you at World Cup!

Viva la TonTons!

Last edited by Vissa : 10-08-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Vissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:39 PM #250
xCrU3LtYx
Give me the formuoli
 
xCrU3LtYx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Annual Supporting Member
xCrU3LtYx is BST Trusted
xCrU3LtYx owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xCrU3LtYx supports Team VICIOUS
xCrU3LtYx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xCrU3LtYx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xCrU3LtYx supports DLX Technology
hope you guys come back next year, one of the most entertaining teams to watch!
__________________
LXE9800

TDOTBALLERS FEEDBACK 29+/0-
xCrU3LtYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:54 PM #251
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: STL
Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Sorry to hear it. I added your reply to the first post.
__________________
Your questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ. Ask a Mod.
We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:55 PM #252
lovethesundaygrind
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Psp really dropped the ball on this one.
lovethesundaygrind is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump