PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2013, 11:13 AM #85
KingSky
Moving Target

KingSky has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
KingSky has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I would have to disagree with you on the rate of fire devil808. Especially since this is designed to work with and primarily fire first strike rounds. And since magfed means limited paint paint play, of which the point is to not spray and pray.

I'm also really confused as to what you mean by "auto switch that switches to the other row of paint in the mag automaticly". That would mean physically moving the breach or rotating the mag 180 degrees. Which just makes the system obscenely complicated.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 AM #86
Dzuari

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSky View Post
I would have to disagree with you on the rate of fire devil808. Especially since this is designed to work with and primarily fire first strike rounds. And since magfed means limited paint paint play, of which the point is to not spray and pray.

I'm also really confused as to what you mean by "auto switch that switches to the other row of paint in the mag automaticly". That would mean physically moving the breach or rotating the mag 180 degrees. Which just makes the system obscenely complicated.
I believe he's referring to a floating fire assembly which would have to be done all electronically, no mechanical linkages. Would be cool but it would be out of the price range i'm aiming for. Not a bad idea though. I personally got into magfed to stop myself from spraying though .
Dzuari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:38 PM #87
Dzuari

Final linkage modeled, spring added and material shrunk. I figured out a way to add a trigger lock if the ball isn't fully chambered, kinda like the lok bolt system but it stops the trigger pull instead. Hopefully it will work.

I'll probably cut out more material from the middle trigger link so that it's lighter.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 PM #88
KingSky
Moving Target

Hmm. So when the ball is in the chamber, it pushes up the lock, unlocking the linkage arm. Any concern that the spring on the magazine isn't strong enough or that the device will dimple the round? Cool concept though.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:35 PM #89
Dzuari

Quote:
Hmm. So when the ball is in the chamber, it pushes up the lock, unlocking the linkage arm. Any concern that the spring on the magazine isn't strong enough or that the device will dimple the round? Cool concept though.
very much a concern, just have to test it. It might end up being made out of ABS from the 3D printer only so it doesn't damage the ball.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:47 PM #90
KingSky
Moving Target

Would make it lighter too if it were made of a light abs. Still a cool idea. You said there is a system like this already? Also, what is the linkage arm going to be made of? I had slight deflection problems with my first linkage arms on my tipx project because the material was too thin, but that was a simple Glenn straight piece, you have an angle multipiece linkage arm and it seems like unless it's a possibility.

And are you just gonna do a simple push button safety?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:14 PM #91
Dzuari

Quote:
Would make it lighter too if it were made of a light abs. Still a cool idea. You said there is a system like this already? Also, what is the linkage arm going to be made of? I had slight deflection problems with my first linkage arms on my tipx project because the material was too thin, but that was a simple Glenn straight piece, you have an angle multipiece linkage arm and it seems like unless it's a possibility.

And are you just gonna do a simple push button safety?
I'm going to try waterjeted 1/8" steel or aluminum, i'm going to rely on the housing guides to keep it straight and ridged, it's got about 0.005-0.010 clearance around the links so that should keep them pretty straight regardless of the materials stiffness. if it's to thin i can just up the thickness and cut out more section for weight reduction.

Safety will be something like what you linked.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:13 AM #92
Punisher068

Brilliant idea on the lockout for the linkage,the only reason I really went electro with mine was for the antichop eyes
There were some antichop Ion bolts made I haven't tried,you think you could incorporate some thing like the ACT Tippmann bolt,my teammates worked really well on his 98 and it was fairly simple
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:40 AM #93
KingSky
Moving Target

I didn't find anything like an anti-chop bolt for a tpx, probably because there just isn't enough room for the springs and such needed. Found some nice soft face bolts that would probably help though. Or jam on your anti chop system.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:13 AM #94
Dzuari

Quote:
I didn't find anything like an anti-chop bolt for a tpx, probably because there just isn't enough room for the springs and such needed. Found some nice soft face bolts that would probably help though. Or jam on your anti chop system.
I don't believe they have come up with one for the tipx or x7 yet. The valve fires the bolt so hard that the locking system damages the bolt, so i figured i'd just lock the trigger.

Last edited by Dzuari : 10-03-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:30 AM #95
Dzuari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher068 View Post
Brilliant idea on the lockout for the linkage,the only reason I really went electro with mine was for the antichop eyes
There were some antichop Ion bolts made I haven't tried,you think you could incorporate some thing like the ACT Tippmann bolt,my teammates worked really well on his 98 and it was fairly simple
That is the rear plunger for the 98 isn't it? Where you cock it?

If so then it would only add weight which requires more air to move, reducing efficiency. I want this to be a form follows function gun. Especially if i'm trying to mount a 13ci tank somewhere on it.

For higher end guns or special editions i might add the Techt Spring kit and the MRT pro series bolt. The reduced weight and resistance ups shot count a lot. I use the bolt on my x7 and love it, it's also cut from delrin, a relatively cheap polymer that we already machine here for some parts made for Sealy mattress.

I'm not sure if the MRT bolt can chamber FS though...

Last edited by Dzuari : 10-03-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:51 AM #96
Punisher068

If I remember correctly it's part of the bolt,a small linkage that disconnects the bolt and hammer if there's any obstructions
Forgot the Tpx and Phenom use a bolt similar to an Automag system so it doesn't apply to your project
My teammate and I have made a FS Automag,we've tried a few different bolts and haven't had any issues with bolt&FS compatibility yet.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:57 AM #97
Dzuari

Slot added for running wires to your grip if you have mounted batteries for accessories or possible a E-trigger in the future.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:18 AM #98
Dzuari

Dmag modeled, i angled the mag to 4 to get a closer seat to the chamber.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:02 PM #99
KingSky
Moving Target

Nice. Doesn't seem like much of the mag seats in the marker. I know with mine it's actually kinda poor quality and i can wiggle the mag out without hitting the release. Not good. I know it will screw with your line, but maybe extend the magwell to better support the mag? Especially with the 20 rnd, your just asking for it to get knocked out.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:58 PM #100
Dzuari

Quote:
Nice. Doesn't seem like much of the mag seats in the marker. I know with mine it's actually kinda poor quality and i can wiggle the mag out without hitting the release. Not good. I know it will screw with your line, but maybe extend the magwell to better support the mag? Especially with the 20 rnd, your just asking for it to get knocked out.
Ya i'm going to have to, the release mechanism probably won't fit in that little space. I'm also going to have to extend the grip forward a bit now because it's about 2.75" from the mag.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:51 PM #101
KingSky
Moving Target

The grip should be fine. Mine is 5.75 to the trigger, and 2.8 to the back of the grip directly behind the trigger.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:55 PM #102
Dzuari

Quote:
The grip should be fine. Mine is 5.75 to the trigger, and 2.8 to the back of the grip directly behind the trigger.
It doesn't hit your wrist or anything?
Old 10-05-2013, 12:15 AM #103
Dzuari

First rough designs of the shroud, i like the 3rd one the most. Kinda think they are all to boxy though. This would be the micro version, somewhere around a 10" barrel.

(Right click and open in new window to view full size)

Old 10-05-2013, 12:53 AM #104
KingSky
Moving Target

I kinda prefer your first one. The second two could use some cutouts of the barrel area like the first one, and the little lip with the rail looks...Awkward.
Maybe combine the top first and third? Maybe try and put cutouts in the parallelogram of the third and use the front of the first.

I totally agree they are all pretty boxy though. Maybe narrow them down to the rail width at the top? And you might want to raise them up a bit, otherwise you would have to use a rail riser for any accessory, cuz there is no way to get a good cheek weld for that low a sight with a mask on.

Oh, and the magwell on bullpup ion makes contact with my arm about where you would wear a watch. On the Tpx bullpup its about 8" from the well to the trigger, but that pretty much puts it in my armpit, which makes it difficult to change mags while maintaining a good shooting posture, especially with a pack or vest on.

P.S. That stock went out yesterday, should be there on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 AM #105
Dzuari

how about this, a bit narrower, redone housing

Last edited by Dzuari : 10-05-2013 at 11:44 AM.