Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-25-2013, 02:15 PM #1
P2Panda87
P2Panda

Decisions... Tiberius t9/9.1 OR Milsig MK3 CQB?

Hey everyone. Just wanted some opinions and suggestions for a good milsim/scenario marker.

I have hadeverything from a5 to tricked out x7 and also had a Tippmann TipX. I loved the tipx as far as mag feeding goes. And that's what I want to stick with is mag fed.

Just fyi. Do NOT care about any hopper capable options or remote lines. Going to be sticking with mags and on system air options.

Just need some opinions and any views on the two markers in the title.

So... Tiberius T9/9.1 OR Milsig MK3 CQB?

The main things I care about are the range capability (stock and/or upgraded), mags (issues, price, etc.), overall system run, and reliability.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by P2Panda87 : 09-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.
P2Panda87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2013, 02:25 PM #2
ubermick

I've pondered magfed, and was leaning towards the Tiberius stuff - since I wanted to snag a pistol as well, made sense that I could use the same mags in both. But the 8 ball capacity, while okay for a pistol is (to me) fairly horrible for an assault rifle style.

Think when the time comes, I'll just snag another Phenom or even an A5, and just get the DMAG kit. The mags are cheap, 20 round capacity, and the whole setup would be very cost effective, given the kit is $169 and the marker could be had for as little as $100 (for a used A5). Maybe add an air stock for a complete package.
ubermick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:47 PM #3
P2Panda87
P2Panda

I thought about that a while ago but the thing is even if you get a a5 or x7 for 100. The mag kit is 260 then 160 for the 13ci buttstock kit. So you're already sitting at 540. Same price, actually a bit more than my 2 main choices. So that's not really worth it.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:55 PM #4
ubermick

Actually all the Tacamo kits are $139, and you can snag the DMAG kit with 10 mags as a package for $159. So $260 would set you up with a used A5 and 10 mags, ready to go. And those DMAGs are a LOT cheaper to buy than the Tiberius mags - which again, have a tiny capacity.

Bear in mind too that the 13ci buttstock kit doesn't come standard on the T9.1 either, unless you get the sniper model ($700)

I do like the look of that Milsig CQB though.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:27 PM #5
dblj44
Delta Paintball Team

dblj44 supports DLX Technology
I love my milsig mk3 cqb. Easy maintenance, good capacity mags, A5 threaded. Its a great little shooter, and a lot of fun. Mag price is comparable to Tiberius, but double capacity. Off of a 13/3k I get about 5 mags. Picked up my marker and 4 mags for $300 used, I already had a 13/3 k.

:Sponsors:
GOG Paintball | DLX Paintball | Scenario Superstore
Fogtech | Delta Paintball Productions
"Should I try a little spit? That usually helps things out with my girlfriend but we are talking paintball here so I'm not to sure." -Caderade
dblj44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:16 PM #6
P2Panda87
P2Panda

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Anybody else got input?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:08 AM #7
Savage Mikey

I guess it depends if you want first strike capability. If not i would say go with the milsig as the mags are more than double the capacity of the T9's. If you want first strike and milsig there is the para pro but its pretty expensive.
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:46 PM #8
11XIII

FYI,
This is my personal opinion only, but i just recently used first strike and didnt find it as amazing as i thought it would be.
BUT I also dont have the patience to learn to be a sniper. All Im saying is if youre going to do first strike, have some patience ready to make it as effective as it can be, do a lot of research.

Tiberius T9/T9.1 mags are $40 each.... i dont know anything about milsig, But I know they're a company known for Magfed. Tiberius seems to be beginners mag guns, and the concept of $40 magazines is becoming outdated.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:03 PM #9
ubermick

After sniffing around (damn you Panda, now I want one of those Milsigs!) I'd say neither. Check out the MAXTACT markers from Milsig. Same price as the T9.1 elite (more or less) but comes with an air-thru stock and tank, 18 round mags, AND it's First Strike ready! And the mags are $29.95 each.

http://www.milsig.ca/maxtact-maxtact-markers-c-546_548

I've never even heard of these, but they look absolutely fantastic. Can't speak for you, but if I do go magfed, I think I've found my marker.

EDIT: Looking further, seems like it's a rebranded Scarab Arms TGR2?

Last edited by ubermick : 09-27-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:56 PM #10
splatthetick

You can get extendo mags for the T9/T9.1-17rds I agree with others about the FS rds...I like the action in the front and FS are spend to sling! I have a T9 that I never shoot FS and my extendo's work great with the twin T8's or the T9! Good luck with your search.
splatthetick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:46 PM #11
Psiworx

Unless you are dead set on using First Strikes......get the MILSIG.

MK3 Player Pack

Proconnect3
Psiworx is offline   Reply With Quote