PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-30-2013, 10:48 PM #1
*dizzeeDGAF

*dizzeeDGAF has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Question On/Off asa for Spyder MR5?

Hey all out there in the nation! First year player here and just looking for some assistance. I'm wondering if there are any on/off asa's that would work on my MR5? Google hasn't yielded much help (plus I tire of it easily) besides the Dangerous Power RAPS II. I see people say they will work on Spyder's but I'm concerned that they're mostly speedball players with another type of marker.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Tongue in cheek noob comments will be taken lightly as well.

Thanks in advance to the nation!
*dizzeeDGAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2013, 11:51 PM #2
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Well, lets double check the manual since I don't happen to have an MR5 in front of me....

http://www.spyder.tv/product-manuals/2013-mr5.pdf

They of course generally don't mention aftermarket compatibility, so lets just check the parts diagram.

Ok, good news and bad news. Bottom line has standard in-line holes, not the old spyder offset holes. So any ASA that attaches to an in-line hole pattern, or any rail mounted ASA paired with a add on rail, should bolt right up. I have a thing for CP ASA's myself, but whatever your preference should be fine.

The issue is the hose. They still like to use oddball hose threadings. So you'll need a new hose as well. On the gun the stock setup has the ASA, a male-male metric adapter, then the hose, then to a male-female metric to standard adaptor, which screws into the gun. Ditch the hose and male-male adaptor (stick them in your parts collection, never know when they might come in handy), leave the male-female adaptor screwed into the body, and screw a standard threaded paintball gun hose into it. Stainless braided is stronger, but you'll have to figure out the right length. Macro-line isn't as strong (I generally don't recommend it for CO2 use, since it's output pressure goes way up when it's warm, but fine for HPA use), but can be trimmed to the exact desired length.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:13 AM #3
*dizzeeDGAF

*dizzeeDGAF has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Excellent. Thanks for your help.

I only plan on running an on/off because I lost an o-ring in my remote and had to screw my tank straight on and when I went to take it off I noticed the bonnet was loose (no tank issues, all is fine) and an on/off was suggested if I want to keep using the tank in that manner.

I don't plan on running anything but HPA so macro line should do fine. How does it do in the cold? I'm sure I'll be playing winter ball.

Thanks again.
*dizzeeDGAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:27 PM #4
ECHO CHARLIE
F = FRUIT LOOP

ECHO CHARLIE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RAP4 has a on/off thing you put in between your tank and asa
  • Tippmann
  • ETC.
Message me if you want to sell!!!!
ECHO CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:22 AM #5
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Empire
There's also this in line on/off adapter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150856043614?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649