Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 PM #1
vernk

universal milsim parts

ok so i searched....but couldn't find much of anything on this topic of universals

i have an a5 that i got used...it sucks so far. but i'm working on fixing it's many issues. and i have an ariakon sim4.

the a5 obviously has a large following still given its age and availability of parts.

the ariakon...not so much. i got it for 30 bucks so i can't complain. but i want to change it up. problem is obvious...no support and no parts.

there isn't much talk on here about universal parts. i saw a few universal barrel shrouds online. read a few bad reviews of the thin aluminum that bends easily. does anyone here have any universal shrouds they recommend. i'd eventually like to put my bipod foregrip on a RIS shroud. but i want an RIS that will take a beating.

i've yet to take the ariakon apart and clean it out. not sure how the factory collapsible stock is attached, but i'd like to change that out too. i'm assuming it is not as easily done with a shroud.....unless anyone else has insight?

I know i have a few references to ariakon. problem is that not many frequent the ariakon forum these days. so i focus on universals.

is there a sticky list for universal/compatible parts among different markers that i have yet to find?

thanks in advance everyone!

Last edited by vernk : 08-06-2013 at 11:12 PM.
vernk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2013, 07:11 AM #2
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

There's no list that I know of - simply put the only things most markers have in common is that they all have orings and fairly standard gas fittings - though even that isn't a given.

The only thing I can think of in terms of a universal for you would be things like these: https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=pa...w=1552&bih=904
vijil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM #3
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Last I heard the Ariakon forums were kaput. Do you have a link to them? Or are you talking about the section they had here?

Most of that stuff was propriatary meaning you had to get Ariakon's parts to make them work. On the front shroud though, you may be able to get a ris shroud for a WS66 to work. You can still find them but they are about $40. And you have to really search hard for them.

For the rear stock I believe you need a AR style stock wrench to loosen the stock nut. Then either a set screw, strip pin holds it in or it unscrews...can't remember which the Sim4 used. It's been about 7 years since I was a "General" on their forum.

Last edited by Robotech : 08-07-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:30 PM #4
Robotech

Also, if you don't already have it...
http://paintballgunmanuals.com/ariakon-sim-4-manual/
Old 08-14-2013, 11:30 PM #5
vernk

just ordered an m6 male to m8 female fitting from the UK. the sim magazine remote adapter snapped off. This fitting is from an online bicycle store. hopefully this works. I physically wasted time going to to at least 6 different shops, some of which custom make pneumatic fittings and couldn't help due to the small m6 thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
There's no list that I know of - simply put the only things most markers have in common is that they all have orings and fairly standard gas fittings - though even that isn't a given.

The only thing I can think of in terms of a universal for you would be things like these: https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=pa...w=1552&bih=904
Old 08-14-2013, 11:33 PM #6
vernk

i did not, thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Also, if you don't already have it...
http://paintballgunmanuals.com/ariakon-sim-4-manual/
Old 08-14-2013, 11:38 PM #7
vernk

no i'm talking about the classic marker ariakon forum on pbnation. you're right, the old one is gone. there is an archived link somewhere to the old forum that is just for reference, not live.

so rear stock is just screwed in, no AR wrench needed. but i was able to get a picatinny riser for the real AR that works on the sim4 carry handle for a red dot acog scope.

was talking to a buddy of mine who used a universal shroud on his alpha black and told me the metal they use on the universals is real bad and strips easily. his is unusable because of the stripped threads. doesn't even hold position so it's just sitting in his collection of crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Last I heard the Ariakon forums were kaput. Do you have a link to them? Or are you talking about the section they had here?

Most of that stuff was propriatary meaning you had to get Ariakon's parts to make them work. On the front shroud though, you may be able to get a ris shroud for a WS66 to work. You can still find them but they are about $40. And you have to really search hard for them.

For the rear stock I believe you need a AR style stock wrench to loosen the stock nut. Then either a set screw, strip pin holds it in or it unscrews...can't remember which the Sim4 used. It's been about 7 years since I was a "General" on their forum.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:12 PM #8
Robotech

Like I said, it's been a while. You can try the Warsensor shrouds. They are not cheap and will take a beating but I'm not sure how they will work with your barrel. They just use set screws to clamp them to the barrel but they hold tight if you give them a little dose of loc-tite.

Many real world AR parts will work on the Sim4...anything weaver based or AR carry handle based should be direct bolt on.