Para Pro 6 25.00%
Rap4 468 9 37.50%
MKP-II 2 8.33%
Tiberius T15 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM #1
Socom3988

Paradigm Pro or 468

I have $1000 and Im looking for a new magfed marker. Im torn between a Milsig Paradigm Pro, Rap4's 468, or Tacamo MKP-II.
I hate that the para pro drops 1k of air once it reaches 1k but I love the mag system.
I like the 468 for its versital mag options and lok bolt system and the fact it dose not drop air like the milsig.
I like the MKP due to its many upgrades and similar properties like the 468.
plus Im debating on holding out till the T15 releases. so many good options but Im having trouble leaning in one direction any help would be fine.

OH and one more thing im in the military and milsig and rap4 offer great discounts so i wont be using the whole $1000 I have already put things together if i where to buy either marker just need help to deside.
Socom3988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 AM #2
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Mkp gives you full auto if you decide to put a battery in, though that is entirely optional. Also, in theory the mkp2 supports a lok bolt system and even better does not need to be recocked when the lok bolt engages.

Thing is there is no sign yet of a lok bolt upgrade for the mkp or mkp2. If there is it becomes the best all round magfed system on the market, missing only a burst mode. Air stock, upgrades like the g36 handle and flatline barrel, no chopping, no dry firing, full auto, true 20 round mags... can't beat it. But *only* if you can get with lok bolt. Otherwise the 468 probably wins since it's actually out.
vijil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:50 PM #3
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Empire
For the price I'd get a 468 set up for scarab arms mags over a para pro any day. Efficiency is on par but with the 468 you get the lok bolt and more magazine versatility (but I'd stick with SA mags).

Rap4 is doing lok bolt testing in the mkpII (it will only work in the mkpII kit) as we speak, saw a vid on facebook yesterday. The one thing that turns me off the mkp kits is how far forward the mag release button is... long fingers I do not posses
sambob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:01 AM #4
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
I've heard great things about the 468 as well. And, it breaks open just like an AR-15...
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:34 PM #5
Slo poke

Anyone know what the weight of the 468 is? Can't find any info on that on the site.
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 PM #6
Socom3988

I kinda figured most people would say the 468 since milsig is always on back order even as soon as they recieve a shippment. I had a Tacamo MK5 but I got tired of waiting for dmags wich I would rather spend the money on the marker and accesories to my liking and feel than worry about ammo, I play pump as well so im use to having limited paint as is. my plan is to get the 468 novesk kit dmag olive drab layout to match my chest rig and gear and i already have handguard attachments and a halo sight plus I can use my apex2 tip on it just wonder how it would work with a rifled barrel never used one and yes i know rifleing makes no sence but some critics say it works a little bit guess i will give it a try.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:45 PM #7
Socom3988

I saw a video where Omar said they are comming out with a square head adapter for the 468 so new milsig mags would work have not seen it yet though of course he said this in February during the Paintball expo still looking for it.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:38 PM #8
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Empire
spiraled rifling works with first strike rounds, regular paint not so much. I tried a rap4 straight rifled barrel and it made no difference in performance, I'd focus on bore size matching for regular paint
sambob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:09 AM #9
Tecnophobia
Tecnophobia

I would put my money on a Paradigm pro, i have one has never malfunconed ( except the air in stock problem wich they told about from the start, but aint to serious) its a little heavier i recon but i like it its really really durable and shoots like a god!
Tecnophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 PM #10
Socom3988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnophobia View Post
I would put my money on a Paradigm pro, i have one has never malfunconed ( except the air in stock problem wich they told about from the start, but aint to serious) its a little heavier i recon but i like it its really really durable and shoots like a god!
thats the one thing i hate extremly about the new milsig platforms.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:25 PM #11
Socom3988

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambob117 View Post
spiraled rifling works with first strike rounds, regular paint not so much. I tried a rap4 straight rifled barrel and it made no difference in performance, I'd focus on bore size matching for regular paint
eah I know it dose not make a diff and just asking if anyone has had any experience with it as i said never had a rifled barrel.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:30 PM #12
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
The only "rifling" I've ever seen work on regular paintballs is the barrel I have on my WS-66. It has three groves in the top of the barrel that run stright from front to back. It puts a backspin on the ball.

I know it works because one time I put the barrel in misaligned and the groves were aligned to about 10 o'clock rather than 12 o'clock. Every shot I took would curve up and to the left.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:43 AM #13
Tecnophobia
Tecnophobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom3988 View Post
thats the one thing i hate extremly about the new milsig platforms.
yea it can be annoying but often it does not occur but it happens sometimes and thats pretty annoying because it makes alot of noize... and im a sneaky type, but have a tiberius as sidearm so i wont be out of the game if i run out of air
Tecnophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:35 PM #14
unbrokeneagle

Guys I'm in the same bout! The T4.1 para pro milsig! I'm wanting to get one and don't want to get a lemon in a sense. I mean, your coming out of pocket for $600 - $1000 here on this. But I'm just going on what looks good to me. Rap4 468 and hope for the best.
unbrokeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:30 PM #15
Socom3988

well it seems like im going to get all the answers I need and no one seems to be adding more to the poll looks like its the 468. it will be my first rap4 marker not counting the tacamo mk5 kit which I liked but I want true magfed not a kit.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:11 AM #16
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

So Rap4 plan to bring out the 30 rnd (15+15) dmag in the "next month" - which is rap4 for six months. Still, it's good to know it's actually in the works since a dual stack thirty more or less makes up for the inconvenience of having to switch. The smaller mags will be fine for FS rounds though. The 30 will be looong, but just turn it sideways if you gotta go prone

Also, the 468 accepts scarab mags if you don't go with the dmag magwell. Looks like a great platform and after some umming and ahhing is probably my current choice - I'd change my vote if I could.

[edit] ok scratch that. Having to recock after every mag is a dealbreaker. I'm back to the MKP.

Last edited by vijil : 08-05-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:04 AM #17
Psiworx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom3988 View Post
I hate that the para pro drops 1k of air once it reaches 1k but I love the mag system.
This is not correct. The HEAT Core operates in the mid-300 psi range. The Paradigm PRO will both continue to function well below 1000 psi.

Proconnect3
Psiworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:03 PM #18
Socom3988

Well then the videos I have seen that show that problem happen must be fake then because hustlepb has a video review that shows that it must be a velocity setting thing the I highly doubt I'm wrong
Old 08-06-2013, 04:50 PM #19
iconx_balla
evo11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post

[edit] ok scratch that. Having to recock after every mag is a dealbreaker. I'm back to the MKP.
The 468 has a slot for you to check the chamber so if you do so and reload when it's empty you won't have to recock. Cocking is realistic anyways and I prefer the "click" when the mag is empty rather than a dryfire.

To the OP, get the scarab arms version. Those mags go in very smoothly unlike the dmags.
iconx_balla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 PM #20
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Recocking after a mag is not realistic - and I'm not going to be watching the chamber after every few shots.

With a real AR you only charge before the first shot, thereafter when loading a new magazine you hit the bolt release - not the charging handle. That's very different (and much easier) than recharging every time.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:25 PM #21
Psiworx

I'll let the video speak for itself.

Proconnect3
Psiworx is offline   Reply With Quote