PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-01-2013, 06:51 PM #1
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE

Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Looking at getting into magfed!

I'm thinking about getting into playing mag fed and I was just wondering what kind of setups I could get for my money? I'll have $500 to spend. I am also wondering is there a big difference between mag fed and stock class? I play stock class now so I am use to the limited paint feel but just wondering if there is a big difference. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2013, 07:52 PM #2
dannyd123
Custom=Sexy

Take a look at the sticky at the top of this forum for a list of all mag fed options. Everyone contributed to make a complete list. It's quite impressive.

The difference between stock class and mag fed is the mag. Instead of using a wrist harness for tubes and co2 you have a vest with pouches for mags. You save more weight with sc if that's your concern. There is a big difference in that you don't need to exchange co2 cartridges in most mag fed markers every 20-30 shots (stock tipx pistols are examples of exceptions). Stock class, it's a requirement. I personally run modified stock class though, but I don't believe you meant that in your post.

Last edited by dannyd123 : 08-01-2013 at 07:55 PM.
dannyd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:10 PM #3
TippmannPlayer97

Try playing pistols. Spyders with the exception of the Hammer 7 and Rap4 guns tend to be of poor quality, milsigs are quite expensive, and DAMs are ridiculous. If you wanted to play magfed pump, the Hammer 7 is definetly a great option. Of pistols, Tippmann tipx kicks the crap out of the tibby's, especially with the new FSR kits released. On a budget, the spyder pistols are decent, but i wouldnt use them as a primary. Hope that helps
TippmannPlayer97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:33 PM #4
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE

Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Thanks a bunch guys! Really helped me out!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:36 PM #5
ECHO CHARLIE
F = FRUIT LOOP

ECHO CHARLIE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Go for the 468 Dmag edition. I have it, never going back.
  • Tippmann
  • ETC.
Message me if you want to sell!!!!
ECHO CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:18 AM #6
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippmannPlayer97 View Post
Try playing pistols. Spyders with the exception of the Hammer 7 and Rap4 guns tend to be of poor quality, milsigs are quite expensive, and DAMs are ridiculous. If you wanted to play magfed pump, the Hammer 7 is definetly a great option.
FASLSE! The Spyder MR5 and MRX are excellent markers for $200 and under. I've run my MR5 all season and have not had a single chop with over 2 cases through it, same goes for my buddy and his MRX. The mags are not the cheapest but they are solid and with the eco valve it gets the most shots off a 13/3k versus most magfed markers I've seen numbers on.

If you're looking to get a magfed setup for $500 you have a few options on the market, tho some will get tight if you need a vest as well. The Spyder markers will give you a chance to try magfed and only spend around $300 for marker and a hand full of mags, the tacamo kits for the Tippmann 98/A5/X7 with dmags ($60 for 10 mags) will also be in your price range. Milsig has an MK3 bundle with 3 mags for just under 500 so it won't leave any room in your budget if you need a vest, you can easily find the older mk1 or mk2 markers a lot cheaper. If you're interested in pistols pretty much everything on the market, TiPX and T8.1 mainly, are well within your range. You can also look into the T9.1 (similar to the T8.1 but can be set up as a rifle or pistol) or an older T4. Obviously finding anything used will also help your budget.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:29 PM #7
dblj44
Delta Paintball Team

dblj44 supports DLX Technology
I was able to put together my gear in that ball park. Found a used Milsig mk3 cqb and 4 mags for $300. Picked up a chest rig for about $40 and bought a couple more mags. You just need to look around for a deal.

:Sponsors:
GOG Paintball | DLX Paintball | Scenario Superstore
Fogtech | Delta Paintball Productions
"Should I try a little spit? That usually helps things out with my girlfriend but we are talking paintball here so I'm not to sure." -Caderade
dblj44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:41 PM #8
Tecnophobia
Tecnophobia

Ill say that tipx are worse then the tiberius but thats a personal thing but tipx and tiberius shoots exactly the same so no point in saying oh this are more accurate because its false, the diffrence is that the tiberius is heavier all aluminium eccept the grip wich is pretty fat so big hands are preffered.

Tipx are plastic (I hate plastic metal ftw!) smaller grip cheaper in every way better airrsource option but the co2 are not so fun.

so basicly the choise of tiberius or tipx depends on the tase you like preformance wise its exactly the same ive tested both.
Tecnophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:33 PM #9
lueseefur

468 with scarab arms mags looks awesome...
lueseefur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 PM #10
99accordv6

I have a TIPX for sale.

Im getting out of magfed.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...=tippmann+tipx

btw.

Ive used a Milsig MK3 with about 6 mags and I spent well over $500. The marker itself was $375 used with only 1 mag and a 13cc tank and I spent the rest on mags and a plate carrier. It costed me WELL over $500.

The TpX was cheaper, smaller and a better deal for me but magfed isnt my thing anymore

Last edited by 99accordv6 : 09-11-2013 at 11:48 PM.
99accordv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:54 AM #11
MDR77

MDR77 plays in the APPA D4 division
nice
MDR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:12 PM #12
Fieldpeice
That Paintball Complexion

Fieldpeice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fieldpeice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Look at my mag fed sale in sig let me know if you see anything you like
Fieldpeice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:33 PM #13
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
I'd say the hardest part with true stockfed is the reloading & changing out co2 at inopportune times. MagFed is attractive to me because you can get out quick shots, while still having a light weight setup.

both are fun though
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:43 PM #14
Punisher068

If you play stock class Hammer 7 would be a good start.Its probably not as nice as most pumps you run but it gets the job done.Cheap investment with decent resale in case magfeds not your thing.There's usually some decent used packages for reasonable prices here and on MCB
First Strikes are awesome,I didn't believe the hype untill I used them
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote