Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2013, 11:56 PM #1
Gogenvy/advanced

looking for a magfed

im an intermediate/advanced player and im in the market for a new scenario/rec. marker. I want a magfed, preferably with picatanny rails, I don't care about modes, semi is enough. id like to find this for under $250.if you can help please do and thanks in advance.
Gogenvy/advanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2013, 12:45 PM #2
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Spyder MR5 seems to fall in that catagory. Can shoot First Strikes and you can swap from mag fed to hopper fed with the twist of the barrel. If you don't care about shooting FS then you can go with the Spyder MRX.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:22 PM #3
stud muffin

tipx
stud muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:37 PM #4
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Empire
What Robotech said, mrx/mr5, mrx is usually about $30 cheaper new since it doesn't have the first strike capabilities, and the 10 round regular are cheaper than the fsr 9 round mags but they will work in both platforms
sambob117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:48 PM #5
Wakewarrior7
Now in Technicolor

Go with a tipx. Yes it's a pistol, but there are more and more carbine options coming out all the time if that's what you are looking for. The zetamags bring the capacity up to 20rds before having to do a full mag swap and they are fs compatible. Swap out the block for a fs ready one and you are golden.

Or, you cod run straight pistol which will allow you to play very light and tight. On my team we have rec days once a month where we put down our high end space guns and leave the open class pumps at home and break out our mag fed and stock class setups to encourage newer players and teams and reinforce our own fundamental skills. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many tipxs our local store has sold after people have seen us play and after they have personally used them. Great little gun for what it is.
Wakewarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:38 PM #6
Robotech

I like the TIPx...but unless you want to run pistol as your primary marker, it may not be the right one. Yes they have a lot of upgrades and that's a good thing but if you're wanting to get away from 12 grams, you need the remote line adaptor. The Zetamags are about $25 each and you may need a few off the bat to get the most out of the TIPx.

The TIPx runs about $220 and the remote adaptor about $17. It comes with two 7-round mags but if you want more it's about $25 each for the Zetamags. Then there is the cost of some way to hold the mags. It adds up.

Going the route of the Spyder you can use the mag that comes with it (though it's only 9 or 10 rounds depending on the model you decide on) or you can use a hopper. If you're on a budget this will let you ease into magfed and purchase more mags over time.

Both are good guns and the TIPx defeinately has more options out there but if you want to jump right into magfed and yet still use the marker for regular play with a hopper the MRX or MR5 may be a better choice. Really though, it's up to you.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:49 PM #7
Gogenvy/advanced

Thanks guys i really appreiciate it. I just got a new price limit and i realize this changes everything. I checked out the spyders and they were a great deal. The only problem i have with them is the mags. They are to small. If there are bigger mags for sale, i might reconsider. As for the tipx, i have previously researched it and already decided to buy one as a sidearm. My new price limit is 400. I want a mag that has at least 20+ rounds, and that will be under $20 for additional mags. I play with a gog for speedball, but i want something equally anazing for recreation. Id prefer a price about $200 but im willing to go as high as 4. Thanks again everyone.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:52 PM #8
Gogenvy/advanced

Btw id prefer one that runs on co2 or hpa.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:57 PM #9
Robotech

At that price, and with that criteria, your best bet may be to get a Tippmann A5 or X7 and get one of the Tacamo Dmag magazine conversion kits.

Durable markers, inexpensive mags (though you have to buy them in bulk), runs on CO2 or HPA...and the right price range.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:06 AM #10
SAS_Flankenstein

Milsig Direct has an excellent package available, although it is slightly over your $400 limit. Basically comes with everything you'd need and more.

http://milsigdirect.com/milsig-produ...NTBALL-MARKER/
SAS_Flankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:02 PM #11
Robotech

I would have recommended that or the RAP4 468 and while the 468 is a bit more (about $500) and has two fewer mags while a 10 pack of Dmags is just under $60 but I figured his budget was pretty set at $400 since it had been $250.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:35 PM #12
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
At that price, and with that criteria, your best bet may be to get a Tippmann A5 or X7 and get one of the Tacamo Dmag magazine conversion kits.

Durable markers, inexpensive mags (though you have to buy them in bulk), runs on CO2 or HPA...and the right price range.
Or buy one already set up used, for $400 you should be able to get an a5/x7 with tacamo and a handful of mags used... maybe even a few extras. There's a good facebook bst set up for only magfed paintball items
sambob117 is offline   Reply With Quote