Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-13-2013, 02:06 PM #1
madego

need help on mounting a sling

I have a hammer 7 and looking for ideas to mount a close to body sling for it. I would use this mainly for scenarios like a sniper gun on my back.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE
madego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2013, 07:27 PM #2
11XIII

weaver rail sling adapter. $6 shipped on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300874994000... 4.m1423.l2649
Old 07-14-2013, 10:09 PM #3
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Duct tape. Lots of it.
Or tie a piece of 5-50 cord through something on the front and rear, and clip a sling to that.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:27 PM #4
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Just out of curiosity what other gear will you be running? If you have remote lines and pods on your back it may get cumbersome to unsling it when you want it. Get your gear on then tie some string to it and test out different slig positions. You have a two point that will drop it across the front of you, a drop sling which will drop it by your side, and the sling you're thinking of that will let it rotate onto your back.

You may also think of making a holster for it. I don't know the specs on the Hammer 7 or the practicality of a hip holster for it but it is another option if you're wanting it as a secondary weapon.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:43 AM #5
madego

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11XIII View Post
weaver rail sling adapter. $6 shipped on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300874994000... 4.m1423.l2649
Thanks this may be a good (only)option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nwyka View Post
Duct tape. Lots of it.
Or tie a piece of 5-50 cord through something on the front and rear, and clip a sling to that.
Noah
Thanks for the input, not going to try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Just out of curiosity what other gear will you be running? If you have remote lines and pods on your back it may get cumbersome to unsling it when you want it. Get your gear on then tie some string to it and test out different slig positions. You have a two point that will drop it across the front of you, a drop sling which will drop it by your side, and the sling you're thinking of that will let it rotate onto your back.

You may also think of making a holster for it. I don't know the specs on the Hammer 7 or the practicality of a hip holster for it but it is another option if you're wanting it as a secondary weapon.
I was going to use this setup for 24/hr scenarios out in the brush, I have some speedball gear ego/rotor/ milsim vest for mags in the front and pods in the back, was wanting to use the hammer 7 as an option to pick off stragglers then use the ego to suppress. Want to try it out, mayba im a fool. I just see a lot of ppl using side arms, so i figured why not try it with the hammer. I probably should get a t8.1 or Tipx but dont have one right now.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE

Last edited by madego : 07-15-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM #6
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by madego View Post

I was going to use this setup for 24/hr scenarios out in the brush, I have some speedball gear ego/rotor/ milsim vest for mags in the front and pods in the back, was wanting to use the hammer 7 as an option to pick off stragglers then use the ego to suppress. Want to try it out, mayba im a fool. I just see a lot of ppl using side arms, so i figured why not try it with the hammer. I probably should get a t8.1 or Tipx but dont have one right now.
Nothing foolish about trying something new. I've ran a marker on my back, much larger than a Hammer 7 mind you, and I found it to be an issue with pods and a tank back there. Like I said, use some string to see how it fits with all your gear on. You may find a better alternative than on your back. Once you find which one of the options works best for you using string, you can purchase a proper sling for the option that works best for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Mind you, your line of thought is exactly why I own a DAM. Flip of a switch I go from First Strike rounds to pick off individual targets to hopper feed for supression all with the flip of a switch.

Last edited by Robotech : 07-15-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:29 AM #7
Codypbnation
Name's Ball,Paint Ball

Codypbnation is playing at Living Legends VII
Codypbnation owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Codypbnation is attending Decay of Nations VII
Codypbnation supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Duct tape. Lots of it.
Noah
Check out my flex collection http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4042142
Codypbnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:48 AM #8
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by madego View Post
Thanks this may be a good (only)option.

Thanks for the input, not going to try that.

I wonder it you could almost do a shotgun sheath on the back of your vest. If you could find one that would fit kinda closely then you could just have your Hammer 7 across your back and ready to go, hooked up to a remote. Where were you planning on putting your Ego, though, while you were shooting with your Hammer 7?
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 AM #9
madego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Nothing foolish about trying something new. I've ran a marker on my back, much larger than a Hammer 7 mind you, and I found it to be an issue with pods and a tank back there. Like I said, use some string to see how it fits with all your gear on. You may find a better alternative than on your back. Once you find which one of the options works best for you using string, you can purchase a proper sling for the option that works best for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Mind you, your line of thought is exactly why I own a DAM. Flip of a switch I go from First Strike rounds to pick off individual targets to hopper feed for supression all with the flip of a switch.
I see what you are saying. Yeah I would like to try a DAM, i just shy away from spending that much on a first gen marker. Maybe when they come down in price.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE
Old 07-19-2013, 01:28 AM #10
madego

Quote:
I wonder it you could almost do a shotgun sheath on the back of your vest. If you could find one that would fit kinda closely then you could just have your Hammer 7 across your back and ready to go, hooked up to a remote. Where were you planning on putting your Ego, though, while you were shooting with your Hammer 7?
Noah
Was planning on just setting it down but after thinking about it probably not going to go that route even though I have it wrapped in camoform, its too rocky/dirty where I play. Will try to piece together a sling setup and update in the next couple of weeks.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE
Old 07-21-2013, 03:31 PM #11
Pyrate Jim

I normally run with a KP-2 df.
By todays standards, it's a big, heavy marker with the wood stock and all...

I've tried quite a few methods of slinging it off the shoulder instead of carrying the weight in my hand. (both factory produced and custom)
The problem I run into is the roll-center. The weight of the hopper will pull the marker upside down, even with a 3-point sling ~ risking my hopper opening and dumping all my paint on the ground (an unfortunate experience I don't wanna repeat)

Not an issue if I'm walking into or off of the field, but during playtime that strap over yer shoulder can be more hinderence than help. Especially if response time is limited. If they are shooting at you unexpected-like, you don't want to waste time by trying to get the marker unslung so you can actually shoot back.

I have nothing against them in general, but out of the dozen or so I've tried, I've never found one that worked well for me.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote