PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-19-2013, 08:30 PM #1
MAPLSeries
www.MAPLSERIES.com

Thank You!

All right gang, sorry to get this out a few days later than intended. For whatever reason, Ive been severely hung-over after this last event. Not sure if it was the heat/dehydration, getting old, being way out of shape, a need for more sleep, or all of the above, but whatever the reason, recovery from this event has been slow at best.

With all of that said, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of the teams who braved the heat to come out and play paintball with us this past weekend. To my knowledge, we didnt have any heat casualties this weekend. That speaks volumes for you guys and how prepared you were for the weather conditions. You guys rock!
Id like to take this opportunity to congratulate the top teams from The Star Spangled Open:
D4/5 3Man
1st Freedom
2nd WeR1
3rd PA Mercenaries

Open Pump
1st Rockin Cocks
2nd CP Factory
3rd Subzero

D4/5 5Man
1st Leverage D4
2nd Baltimore Equinox
3rd Charm City Chokehold

Before I go too much further I would like to show some appreciation to Simon Stevens and his new company Inception. It was a conversation between Simon and Josh that sparked the idea of adding the Open Pump division to the 3Man competition. Not only did Simon help in the creation of that portion of the event, he showed up to support it too. Leaving 2500 players at the Invasion of Normandy scenario game at Skirmish Paintball in order to do so. Thank You Simon! Now that the spark is lit, well see if we cant keep the fire burning.

I also wanted to say Thank You to Rick & Nancy Carver, Gizzmo and the rest of the OXCC staff for all they do to make the MAPL a home!
Much appreciation also goes out to the MAPL staff, without whom, the show cant go on: Jennifer, Joshua, Nick, Jesse, Brandon, Caleb, Patrick, and Justin, you guys are the best!
Last and certainly not least, special THANKS go out to the ref staff: Walker, Danny, Marty, Colby, Dave, Kelvin, Brian, Mike, Nick, and Tristan. You guys did an amazing job, under less than ideal conditions. Big props to you guys!!

Finally, I wanted to make special mention of our sponsor - Valken and the owner of Valken Gino Postorivo. If you played 3Man on Saturday, you know there were issues with the paint due to the refrigerated truck not cooling properly. Just when it looked like the whole event might end badly due to paint issues, Gino came to our rescue. He personally delivered fresh paintballs at about midnight on Saturday night. Now thats what I call outstanding customer service! Thank You Gino Postorivo! You Sir, are the man!

Again, Thank You to everyone who had a hand in making The Star Spangled Open a huge success! See you at The OXCC Challenge in August!

L

Mid Atlantic Paintball Series
WWW.MAPLSERIES.COM

**The Best Tournament Series in the Mid-Atlantic**
MAPLSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 PM #2
bigntastyeclipse08
Kingkongpb.com

Team Brandon Lettich will be coming back without one penalty the next event so watch out
Baltimore DEffect-Almost made it to an event
'Merica
bigntastyeclipse08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:49 PM #3
xFM88x
F. Manalo #88

xFM88x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xFM88x plays in the APPA D4 division
xFM88x supports DLX Technology
Looking forward to the next event ;-)

Edit: Does anyone know when APPA scores will be updated from event 3? Hopefully it'll be before riverside

Last edited by xFM88x : 07-27-2013 at 11:57 AM.
xFM88x is offline   Reply With Quote