Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-17-2013, 09:31 PM #1
XSV2965

XSV2965 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XSV2965 supports DLX Technology
Looking for some people to play in northern ohio

im in sandusky ohio, im just looking for a small group of people who are from northern ohio, not really looking for a team but just people to play with every now and again just let me know, i play anything woodsball,backyard,speedball,recball ect
XSV2965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2013, 05:47 AM #2
turbowagonman
Old school from way back!

I plan on playing at Elite Action Sports on Saturday:

http://www.eliteactionsports.net/Our-Field_ep_50-1.html

and Pinnacle Woods on Sunday:

http://www.pinnaclewoodspaintball.co...ods.field.html

They are both on the Northeast side of Cleveland so that's a bit of a haul for you but I'll be at both. I'm the Sterling guy and my daughter may be with me on Sunday.
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:13 AM #3
XSV2965

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
I plan on playing at Elite Action Sports on Saturday:

http://www.eliteactionsports.net/Our-Field_ep_50-1.html

and Pinnacle Woods on Sunday:

http://www.pinnaclewoodspaintball.co...ods.field.html

They are both on the Northeast side of Cleveland so that's a bit of a haul for you but I'll be at both. I'm the Sterling guy and my daughter may be with me on Sunday.
how often do you play? its going to be a few weeks before i get out and about once i get some new gear?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:38 AM #4
switch97
Ohio THRILL #97

switch97 plays in the APPA D5 division
switch97 supports DLX Technology
I'm in Clyde
Ohio THRILL #97
Visit our Website and Facebook page
Shocker Parts For Sale!
switch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:01 AM #5
turbowagonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSV2965 View Post
how often do you play? its going to be a few weeks before i get out and about once i get some new gear?
I have a membership at Pinnacle Woods so I play out there almost every Sunday, there is a couple of other pump guy's who play out there on Sunday's as well. Elite just had their Grand Opening a couple of weeks ago so once they have Memberships available I'll be doing every other weekend at each place. So to answer your original question I play just about every weekend providing I don't have family stuff or snowmobile club stuff happening.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 AM #6
turbowagonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch97 View Post
I'm in Clyde
What field do you play at?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:03 PM #7
XSV2965

Quote:
I have a membership at Pinnacle Woods so I play out there almost every Sunday, there is a couple of other pump guy's who play out there on Sunday's as well. Elite just had their Grand Opening a couple of weeks ago so once they have Memberships available I'll be doing every other weekend at each place. So to answer your original question I play just about every weekend providing I don't have family stuff or snowmobile club stuff happening.
i will keep that in mind
Old 07-18-2013, 12:50 PM #8
switch97
Ohio THRILL #97

Used to play in Toledo but I quit to start racing karts in 07 and I'm just getting back in again. There is great lakes in Bellevue.
Ohio THRILL #97
Shocker Parts For Sale!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:19 PM #9
XSV2965

Quote:
Used to play in Toledo but I quit to start racing karts in 07 and I'm just getting back in again. There is great lakes in Bellevue.
that's about 15 mins from me, first person i heard of, even in sandusky say they play there how much have you played there? it worth looking at?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:32 PM #10
turbowagonman

Quote:
Quote:
that's about 15 mins from me, first person i heard of, even in sandusky say they play there how much have you played there? it worth looking at?
I may have to make a trip out your way, that is if you guy's make it out there play.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:59 PM #11
XSV2965

Quote:
I may have to make a trip out your way, that is if you guy's make it out there play.
i will make it out to Pinnacle Woods one day, been one of the places iv been wanting to check out when i first got into paintball. another place i want to look at is TPA, i am actually looking to get a few friends to try and head out there for the 2014 TPA Cup if possible. also in warren they have Drop zone, i was born in warren and NEVER knew they had a field, my parents live in near by niles so next time i go visit ill prob make a trip out there.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:16 PM #12
turbowagonman

Quote:
i will make it out to Pinnacle Woods one day, been one of the places iv been wanting to check out when i first got into paintball. another place i want to look at is TPA, i am actually looking to get a few friends to try and head out there for the 2014 TPA Cup if possible. also in warren they have Drop zone, i was born in warren and NEVER knew they had a field, my parents live in near by niles so next time i go visit ill prob make a trip out there.
I've been playing at Pinnacle Woods since the early 90's with a 10+ year break starting circa 2000 (started a family), I've also played at Drop Zone. I guess I've been spoiled by Pinnacle because both times I played at Drop Zone I was severely disappointed because 30-40 minutes in between games is just too long to wait. At Pinnacle there's only 8-10 minutes in between games, at Pentagon Paintball (in PA) there is always a game going so if you sit out a game it's because you want to, Elite sports Park when you go out to the filed it's usually a 2-3 game round then you go and reload and air up for another 2-3 game round and so on. Pinnacle also just lowered their prices on Marballizer paint to $26 a bag/$76 a case (still a little pricey) but since I have a membership I get a 10% discount on paint and free entry/air all day. Next year I do plan on doing more events at various fields because I just got back into paintball last September and I'm using this year to "refine" my game.

Last edited by turbowagonman : 07-18-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added details about Pentagon and Elite
Old 07-18-2013, 10:33 PM #13
switch97
Ohio THRILL #97

Well pevs closed after I left. I haven't played since. All I have is a mask and my old harness/pods. Don't have money for a marker but when I quit I had a shocker.
Ohio THRILL #97
Shocker Parts For Sale!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:48 AM #14
xNuRve

xNuRve plays in the PSP
xNuRve owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xNuRve supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:

I've been playing at Pinnacle Woods since the early 90's with a 10+ year break starting circa 2000 (started a family), I've also played at Drop Zone. I guess I've been spoiled by Pinnacle because both times I played at Drop Zone I was severely disappointed because 30-40 minutes in between games is just too long to wait. At Pinnacle there's only 8-10 minutes in between games, at Pentagon Paintball (in PA) there is always a game going so if you sit out a game it's because you want to, Elite sports Park when you go out to the filed it's usually a 2-3 game round then you go and reload and air up for another 2-3 game round and so on. Pinnacle also just lowered their prices on Marballizer paint to $26 a bag/$76 a case (still a little pricey) but since I have a membership I get a 10% discount on paint and free entry/air all day. Next year I do plan on doing more events at various fields because I just got back into paintball last September and I'm using this year to "refine" my game.
If your their to play xball it's 40 for a case. 55 for premium at pinnacle. You don't have to be apart of a team either. Look at the new pricing sheet for 2013. Look at team pricing.
xNuRve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 AM #15
XSV2965

Quote:
Well pevs closed after I left. I haven't played since. All I have is a mask and my old harness/pods. Don't have money for a marker but when I quit I had a shocker.
what happened to pevs? i was looking forward to checking it out but then i noticed no longer in the Toledo area
Old 09-30-2013, 12:23 PM #16
switch97
Ohio THRILL #97

Not enough support to stay open
Ohio THRILL #97
Shocker Parts For Sale!
Old 10-11-2013, 04:18 PM #17
jsnweitzel

FYI - Some friends and I will be at Pinnacle tomorrow for a woods game. We usually play from around opening until 4 or 5. Just some 30-40 year old guys looking to blow off steam a few times a year. We just want to have some fun, many of us just rent the equipment. Always looking for more contacts or people to show up.
jsnweitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:02 AM #18
Hosey227
Less Ammo. More Fun.

Hosey227 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hosey227 supports Empire
If you guys like woodsvall Synergy Woods in eaton ohio is nice. I play there every weekend. They close after thanksgiving but I'd give em a look when they open up again. Especially if you play pump because it's quite lonely being one of the only ones
Hosey227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:17 AM #19
switch97
Ohio THRILL #97

Quote:
We want to play tpa cup next year. Let me know
Ohio THRILL #97
Shocker Parts For Sale!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:34 AM #20
armyradioguy

armyradioguy plays in the PSP
armyradioguy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
armyradioguy plays in the APPA D4 division
Synergy is rediculously overpriced, I brought my own gear and bought a case of paint and it was $105, that is insane. They were selling cases of tournament grade marbelizers for 80 bucks....get serious for a day of rec and you are mostly a recball field and you don't have an alternative paint to pick. I haven't spent that much to play rec since 2000. GTFO....that place is 10 minutes down the road from me and I went there once and will never go back with that kind of pricing....the fields needed more cover on them, and the refs were constantly mixing up the teams which sometimes is okay but every single game, come on you can't get any coordination or anything going if it is mixing up all the time. Also they could really do something to streamline the sign in process, spent 20 minutes waiting in line to sign my waiver, pay my fee and then get ripped off on pricing
Team Legion of Chaos, Reaper #17
Special Thanks to LOC sponsors:
KC Crusaders, Anthrax, Valken, Guru Gun Stands,
ANS Gear & Guerilla Air
armyradioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:58 PM #21
Hosey227
Less Ammo. More Fun.

Hosey227 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hosey227 supports Empire
They can be pricey if you just walk up alone. I usually go with a group so we split paint costs. 40$ usual allows me to play all day. Even less now that I'm switching to pump/pistol. I keep in mind that if I were to drive elsewhere to save money I'd spend that money in gas because like you i live about 10 minutes away from synergy. You make good points but for me it just works.
Hosey227 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups