PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-17-2013, 04:16 PM #1
Illuminaughty
YOUR DREAMING! WAKE UP!

Illuminaughty has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Smile You are in control.

I have something I would like to share for anyone that isn't already aware of this.

YOU ARE IN CONTROL. The feelings that you experience on a daily basis are 100% percent up to you. I've gotten into the habit of asking everyone how they're doing, cashiers, mailmen, random people I pass on the street, and the answers that I've been receiving have been a little disheartening. A majority of people respond with less than thrilling answers. You've all heard them. "Surviving" "Getting by" "Just ok" things along those lines. It's really a shame that more people aren't doing better than just "managing" or "holding on". The saddest part about it is, the opportunity is there for EVERYONE to be immensely happy MOST of the time. A lot of it has to do with your language. It's the way that you talk not only to the people around you, but yourself. You can't control other people but you can ALWAYS control yourself and your reaction to them. I could go on about approval seeking here but I'll spare you ... If something happens that upsets you; someone degrades you, your girlfriend cheats, your boss is a dick, etc... You can CHOOSE to sit there in your head and tell yourself over and over again, "I'm upset, this is why, I hate my life..." OR you can make the decision to take control of your thoughts and replace those negative thoughts with more positive ones. Like... "Maybe the reason that person called me names isn't because I really am stupid and useless, he's probably got his own garbage and that was just him showing me what he actually thinks of himself, it's got nothing to do with me", "everything happens for a reason even if I can't see the reason at this time" or "She's a ***** anyways, I don't need anyone else to be happy". Change the way that you talk to yourself. Encourage yourself, give yourself compliments, and stop putting yourself down all of the time, happiness will follow. BEING HAPPY IS A CHOICE. Give making that choice a shot sometime... It would be nice to have a few more legitimately happy people running around.
Advertisement