Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 PM #1
Slo poke

DYE DAM air thru stock

Has anyone done this mod yet? any pics? I can't find a clear pic or video of one but heard that there is a plug in the back of that can be tapped for a macro or some kind of fitting.
Slo poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2013, 10:53 PM #2
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
From what I've heard Dye is already in the process of designing the air through stock. However, you have heard right. There is a plug underneath the mount for the stock/end cap that is meant to accomodate and air through stock.

So far I haven't heard of anyone doing this mod on their own. Most are content to wait and see what Dye releases.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:58 PM #3
Slo poke

Well I was looking to buy the lightweight stock to accommodated my tank but don't want to spend the money on that if the air thru is coming out soon. But who know when and if DYE ever will get out.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 PM #4
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Dye really seem to be dragging their heels on the tank stock and air through they promised. Makes me wonder the dam has done sales wise.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 PM #5
Robotech

Guys, this stuff doesn't get produced overnight. Chances are they didn't even start development on the light weight stock or air through stocks until after the DAM went into production.

Understand that even when a product gets the green light for production, it can be three months between the day they start production until the day it arrives at Dye to be shipped out to distributors. That's not counting all the R&D time that goes into something like an air through stock...a product Dye has never released before to my knowledge so they have little previous experiance to pull from.

The DAM was released right around the first of the year. That means seven months for them to work on the air through stock option. Assuming an R&D time of six months and a production time of 3-4 months we're looking at the air through stock to be available, at the EARLIEST, 2-3 months from now. (I don't work for Dye but have experiance at a similar company when it comes to these kinds of things so this is PURELY SPECULATION based on my experiance.)
Old 07-15-2013, 11:52 PM #6
pbplayer.2012

pbplayer.2012 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
pbplayer.2012 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
pbplayer.2012 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pbplayer.2012 is attending Decay of Nations VII
how long do you think it will take for the air thru stock comes out
pbplayer.2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:56 PM #7
Slo poke

It came out in October. I understand this stuff takes time but if they had the vision to put the plug in the back to begin with then the thought was there before the gun was sold. I was really happy when I read that DYE was doing this last year but then no word on yes it is definitely going to happen or not.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:08 AM #8
Slo poke

And this post wasn't to start a rant or anything, it was just to obtain info on either DYE version or to see if someone had a custom version who was willing to share with us.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:40 AM #9
Robotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo poke View Post
It came out in October. I understand this stuff takes time but if they had the vision to put the plug in the back to begin with then the thought was there before the gun was sold. I was really happy when I read that DYE was doing this last year but then no word on yes it is definitely going to happen or not.
I knew that the news of it was around October last year but I couldn't find an exact date and was seeing some of the first reports of people having it around late December early Jan. My bad.

And you're right, they had the thought to do it but having the thought and doing the R&D on the stock itself are two different things. Again, I don't know what Dye is doing or what other projects they have on their R&D shelves or how large their R&D staff happens to be.

From what I've heard, they are DEFINATELY doing it but I've heard no time frame. I don't expect word about it considering their releasing habits for at least another month but no matter when it is, they won't tell you until the last minute anyway.

I'd be interested to see if anyone has made their own though after getting tired of waiting on Dye. I understand this isn't meant to be a rant. At the same time, I hear frustration in your posts. Like I mentioned, I was involved with a major company that manufactured Radio Controlled cars (if you've ever bought a hobby level car, you've heard of them...and no, it's not Traxxas). Often times there would be little holes or tabs on a part for one of our cars and we wouldn't know what it was for (even as Customer Service and sales folks) only to find out the next year when a new option part would be released that the hole or tab was put there for this part and that R&D had been working on this option part for over 8 months. Either other projects or dificulties in getting the option part to function and install exactly how it was supposed to would delay it's release for months. Even after all the R&D said it was good to go to production, you'd have to get molds made, test the molds to make sure the parts they were producing were correct and you didn't have any wonky issues with the material being used, test a production run to make sure they meet the specs that were called for and then the three months it would take to actually go into production and be shipped to the distribution warehouses. Of course we had to deal with customs and I don't think Dye has this issue but they have the extra production steps of having multiple colors and then the DyeCam dip.

From my experiance, if you don't want to wait for Dye, work on making your own because it could be next month or next year when they release their stock...and I understand that this post was kind of the first step in that direction. No worries man...just sharing some of my experiance with such things. It's a lot more complex than most people think.

Last edited by Robotech : 07-16-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:30 PM #10
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

Part of the issue is that Dye normally don't mess around like other companies when it comes to announcements vs release dates. As a rule things are out within a month or two of being announced. So it's very unlike dye. They tend to have a better grasp on marketing than most in the pb industry.

That said in this case they arguably never officially announced anything.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote