PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2013, 03:18 PM #1
AngelEmthusiest916
Angel and SP #1 fan!

AngelEmthusiest916 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hammer 7.... Opinions?

I recently bought the new hammer 7 and was kinda disappointed... Want to hear other first impressions.
AngelEmthusiest916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2013, 04:50 PM #2
Spinnaz

Spinnaz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spinnaz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spinnaz supports DLX Technology
Spinnaz supports Empire
For 130$, everything they've put in is fairly nice. It's not a top-of-the-line paintball marker, but it certainly gets the job done and I've seen a lot of really neat things done with it.
Spinnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM #3
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

I have a Trracer and the main complaint for me was how wobbly the foregrip is. It's all over the place. With a vert grip mounted you get something like 15 degrees of swivel either way which is cray cray.

So, what's the pump handle and trigger feel like on the hammer?
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:08 PM #4
esmith4211

i like it. dual feed, first strike capable, all for $109 (memorial day sale). had a little trouble getting it up to velocity at first, but after that it shot pretty good for what i got it for.
esmith4211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:31 PM #5
moojr
Moo! Moo!

moojr has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
moojr has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
moojr has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm just glad to see entry level mag fed marker becoming a reality. I had a Milsig a while back and I loved it, but it was impractical to play with when there is no one else using anything like it and are ramping 20+ BPS.
moojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:35 PM #6
AngelEmthusiest916
Angel and SP #1 fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
I have a Trracer and the main complaint for me was how wobbly the foregrip is. It's all over the place. With a vert grip mounted you get something like 15 degrees of swivel either way which is cray cray.

So, what's the pump handle and trigger feel like on the hammer?
The pump handle is not great. It is stiff and has a long pull, you could never use a hitman mod. It is however solid. It tilts down slightly when I pull the pump handle but side to side play is minimal with stock barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith4211 View Post
i like it. dual feed, first strike capable, all for $109 (memorial day sale). had a little trouble getting it up to velocity at first, but after that it shot pretty good for what i got it for.
Thats a great deal. I paid about 140 from my shop. What I didn't like was that I could only shoot FSR's. You had trouble getting velocity up? I had trouble getting paintballs out of the barrel intact lol. Around 260 fps it started exploding 90% of the balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moojr View Post
I'm just glad to see entry level mag fed marker becoming a reality. I had a Milsig a while back and I loved it, but it was impractical to play with when there is no one else using anything like it and are ramping 20+ BPS.
I got this gun because I always wanted a pump and it coincided with a want to play with FSR's. My idea was to snipe people across the airball field but in reality I was totally outgunned. Speedballers need more than 1 hit typically anyway. I bunkered 2 guys with FSRs and both lit me up. I went over after the game and picked up my 2 shot rounds, 1 broken 1 intact. One guy played thru a hit and they other bounced x.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaz View Post
For 130$, everything they've put in is fairly nice. It's not a top-of-the-line paintball marker, but it certainly gets the job done and I've seen a lot of really neat things done with it.
The hammer 8 will likely be what we all wish the hammer 7 would be.... I was totally disappointed. I had to pump the FSR's slowly and carefully and it would still almost always chop and jam the last shot. SO FRUSTRATING trying to dig an FSR out of your magwell mid game....
Old 07-10-2013, 04:42 PM #7
madego

I bought it for the magfed/first strike capabilities. I don't like the placement of the mag eject button. I have to get used to that I have ejected a full mag on more than one occasion. I am not thrilled with their mags they aren't as sturdy as others but you get a decent mag, with that being said I really like how it shoots right out of the box.

For what you pay, you get a very accurate marker that shoots FSR well. I seem to have occasional jams with the LAST FSR in the mag but its an easy fix. I really like how light and mobile the marker is with a stubby tank.

As for playing with a hopper it is not bad at all. I am not very good with a pump and sometimes i double feed but I am a beginner pump player and I still get people out. I really like the autotrigger as well and think it helps you compete against higher end guns.

I don't think their is a better marker in the $130 price range with the functions this marker has. Can't wait to get bigger magazine for mine. Also want to try a lapco rifled barrel for FSR.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE
madego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:48 PM #8
madego

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEmthusiest916 View Post
The hammer 8 will likely be what we all wish the hammer 7 would be.... I was totally disappointed. I had to pump the FSR's slowly and carefully and it would still almost always chop and jam the last shot. SO FRUSTRATING trying to dig an FSR out of your magwell mid game....
Since you have similar problems i am wondering if their is a way to get a better spring for the mags or if the mag detent should be modded. I don't always have this problem but I can see it happening more and more as the mags get older and have more wear.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE
Old 07-10-2013, 04:52 PM #9
AngelEmthusiest916
Angel and SP #1 fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madego View Post
Since you have similar problems i am wondering if their is a way to get a better spring for the mags or if the mag detent should be modded. I don't always have this problem but I can see it happening more and more as the mags get older and have more wear.
The problem is a stronger spring will push paintballs past the detents. Are there even detends on this marker? My paintballs were rolling out the barrel.

Anyone else notice how hard it is to reach the screw when changing to feedneck from the rail? I had to stick a phillips in between the clamping part of the feedneck, not good!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:54 PM #10
AngelEmthusiest916
Angel and SP #1 fan!

Quote:
I recently bought the new hammer 7 and was kinda disappointed... Want to hear other first impressions.
This reminds me: WTT Hammer 7

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3999592
Old 07-10-2013, 04:59 PM #11
madego

Quote:
The problem is a stronger spring will push paintballs past the detents. Are there even detends on this marker? My paintballs were rolling out the barrel.

Anyone else notice how hard it is to reach the screw when changing to feedneck from the rail? I had to stick a phillips in between the clamping part of the feedneck, not good!
I ran into that too, I bought a real skinny phillips screwdriver for it, i removed the tightening screw for the feed neck and fit it in between the tightening position of the feedneck and works well. If u want i can post a pic.

There are detents in the mag and chamber. You have to be carefull when switching from mag to hopper you don't damage the chamber detent. That happened to me and had to fix it.

Also i recommend lubing the pump guide rod every now and then. I play in a dry dirty climate in AZ and it definitely helped me.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE
Old 07-10-2013, 05:22 PM #12
madego

I used a standard screw driver for good measure, i just remove the clamping feed neck bolt and it screws in easier.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE
Old 07-12-2013, 04:13 AM #13
Mr_Pickles_Timidator

Mr_Pickles_Timidator plays in the PSP
Mr_Pickles_Timidator plays in the APPA D4 division
Is it even possible to remove the return spring?
Mr_Pickles_Timidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:39 PM #14
AngelEmthusiest916
Angel and SP #1 fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Pickles_Timidator View Post
Is it even possible to remove the return spring?
Anything is possible, just ask the guys at MCB
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 PM #15
madego

I lubed the guide rod and spring that seemed to help so far, the return would stick on me at times causing jams and double feeds. Ever since I lubed it, it is working as it should. If I run into any other problems i will try changing out the spring.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE
Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 AM #16
Punisher068

Bang for the buck I don't think youll find a better deal in paintball
Ive had one since Dec.,its on a regular rotation in my quiver,one of my favorite guns,my 1st pump ive owned,H7 exceeded my expectations
Ive also had problems with the last FS round jamming alot,I just consider them 8 round clips now.At a recent scenario I had 3 confirmed hits with 24 rounds with another 2 potentials,not a bad ratio.FSRs are a real gamechanger for scenarios
Lubing the pump rod helps a ton,pump rod spring is easily removed
Suggest replacing the Philips screws on the feedneck with allen head screws with a ball end wrench,much easier to deal with
Its no Sterling or Cocker pump by any stretch but for me its been reliable ,accurate and consistant
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:18 PM #17
madego

Good idea punisher on the Allen screws! I'm looking for ideas on how to mount a sling, anyone ever done that?

MADEGO on YOUTUBE
Old 07-13-2013, 01:01 PM #18
Punisher068

Check out this thread on MCB,alot of cool mods here,cant say Ive seen a sling mount yet bit theres 40+ pages
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/k...er-7-mods.html
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:51 PM #19
AngelEmthusiest916
Angel and SP #1 fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madego View Post
Good idea punisher on the Allen screws! I'm looking for ideas on how to mount a sling, anyone ever done that?
I haven't seen it yet either and I spent a lot of time looking @ MCB before I bought mine.

Do you have a sight on yours? My red dot is too dim outside so I'm thinking about trading for a crosshair scope.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:47 PM #20
madego

no scope or sights yet for me. If I did get one it would probably be a 4x scope.

MADEGO on YOUTUBE