Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 PM #1
brokeass_baller

The "I miss Brass Eagle" Thread

I miss Brass Eagle. I miss seeing them all over Walmart and Dick's Sporting Goods shelves. I remember lusting over that red and black Raptor Extreme. Hell, I still think that's a beautiful gun. I even miss all the hate. All the bashing. And their original 45rnd hoppers were the best! The ammo box clones. I still use mine on my pump. Feeds better than most out there and has taken many direct hits with no sign of wear. I had a pimped out Talon, too. It even had the incredibly rare content air adapter. That was a fun gun. My original black Stingray still sees game time, though I'd really like to get a bottom-line for it. Those are tough to find. But that sucker is indestructable. I miss going out to buy 200 "I-ballz" that came in the pods so I could play on Saturday with my friends. I have so many of those damn things, still. I was Brass Eagle'd out as a youngster. I have so many find memories of all of my old equipment (except that god-awful Z-Leader mask). It really makes me wish things turned out better for the old bird.
brokeass_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2013, 05:24 PM #2
brokeass_baller

Anyone want to share their nostalgia?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM #3
Nardz

I miss blazing through Monsterballs with my friends in big woodsball matches not caring how much we shot cause it was only 20 bucks for 2000. Everyone always complains about how bad they hurt, but that's what we liked about them, they hurt a lot less than a real bullet. None of us ever complained or had a problem with them, and we honestly never really had a hard time with them not breaking either..Id never take them to a park though.. I also miss those old plastic shell Darth Vadar style brass eagle gloves..those were cool..would love to have a medium pair of them again.. and you're right.. despite them being hard to fill in battle, the angle in original brass eagles 45 round hoppers, Id say make them probably the best non mechanical hoppers ever...actually just the other day I was thinking about butchering one and making it have 200 round capacity and a better fill system just for the hell of it...It makes me kinda sad to see them go too cause I honestly don't think the sport of paintball would have developed as quickly with out them, and i'm sure other feel the same but are just scared to look like "a noob, who likes Brass Eagle"..I don't care though...R.I.P Brass Eagle..by me, you will be missed...

(Brass Eagle Is still kinda around though, its just hiding under the name of JT sports...shhh keep it on the DL..lol)
A Stinger is brave, but never reckless. A Stinger plays hard, but fair. A Stinger treats all with respect, friend or foe. A Stinger is helpful and friendly, always. A Stinger is a true team player. A Stinger will never act in a way that will injure the sport of paintball. A Stinger is a Rookie's friend, and will always guide and encourage.
A Stinger is honorable. Keep Stingin'!
Nardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:04 PM #4
Nardz

Brass eagle should have focused on improving the design of the Stingray II and put out more upgrades for it, like Spyder and Tippmann do..instead of always trying to make a new marker with the same issues as the previous one they released..I bet things would have turned out differently..
A Stinger is brave, but never reckless. A Stinger plays hard, but fair. A Stinger treats all with respect, friend or foe. A Stinger is helpful and friendly, always. A Stinger is a true team player. A Stinger will never act in a way that will injure the sport of paintball. A Stinger is a Rookie's friend, and will always guide and encourage.
A Stinger is honorable. Keep Stingin'!
Nardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:30 PM #5
brokeass_baller

I used Monster Balls all the time. Couldn't beat the price. I never thought they hurt more than any other paintball, but they did bounce a lot more than other paints. But really, they had a good, bright color, and they shot straight enough (though my Automag has NEVER been picky with paint). They had a horrible rep for being this concussion-giver. Bull. Kids must've been shooting hot.

And I couldn't agree more on the upgrading part. The Stingray and Raptor were both solid designs. Even the Rainmaker was good. The Raptor really needed a vertical feed version, and lighter internals/springing, and maybe a beefier sear, and it would've been golden. And an electro frame would've been awesome. It could've competed with Spyders and Piranhas well. The Stingray, they should've kept that indestructible black body, instead of switching to that brittle colored crap. That gun was amazing. I still have my old one. The sucker has been through hell and high water, and she still shoots. I've never even replaced a single o-ring on her. The Rainmaker just needed a better board, a vertical grip, and upgraded regulator and it would have competed fine. Look at how long the eBlade cockers lasted. I guarantee the Rainmaker could've taken part of that market. Update the milling a little maybe. No problem.

Brass Eagle didn't take advantage of some great designs they had.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:55 PM #6
907quadracer

I love the cheap BE markers. I play speedball with a raptor silver eagle and I love it!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:53 PM #7
brokeass_baller

I do think Raptors were underrated guns, even for their time. They were popular, but never THAT popular. Spyders, Piranhas, and Tippmanns were king of the blowbacks. I'd love to get my hands on a minty a Raptor Extreme. Such a pretty gun.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:31 PM #8
_Evan

My very first paintball gun was a blade 02 which i used to fight my friend with a few times back in the day. Later on I stepped up to the kids with spyders in a game and got destroyed only to come back the next week with my new 45 dollar raider which i destroyed the spyder kids with. I remember having to spring cut that marker at the course cause it wouldn't shoot under 310 fps even on a half empty tank. chronoed it later on with a fresh tank and it had jumped up to 330 fps with a full tank 0.o. When I was on the course with the that thing everyone knew where I was because that thing was LOUD. I kept that marker for a long time and cant remember for the life of me what exactly happened to it but I know I shot the hell out of it until I joined the spyder kids with my 05 acs electra and it never saw action again. Id go back into battle with one if i ever found one again. even with the carbon fiber barrel it was a ball driver.

I miss the 9 oz co2 tanks brass eagle sold. They were good cheap tanks and never had to be hydro tested

I must also add that I ended up playing speed ball with the blade 02 on a course when we were bored and it was 4 on 4. I got a couple people out with that thing!!! sure do miss it.

Last edited by _Evan : 06-15-2013 at 11:59 PM.
_Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:03 PM #9
brokeass_baller

I had a Blade for a while. Used it as a backup. Lol. It's was the original blue one. If the shell wouldn't have been so weak, it would've been a halfway decent pump. I also had a Talon with the incredibly rare tank adapter. That was awesome. Polished up the internals and made a homemade anti-kink for the bolt/hammer, and it shoot well. Surprised a few friends with it. LOL

And I still have a couple of BE 9oz tanks. I use them for pump.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:07 PM #10
Angryface

Angryface has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
First gun was the Stingray 2, when I got my Spyder the stingray became my project toy. Modded in a double trigger foregrip, and did a home brew snub barrel from the stock and a custom milled extension for the 12" barrel to bring it to 18"! It's had 2 different paint jobs, from Forest Green to Primary red and I just love hauling that thing out so the young guns at the field will look at it and ask "what the H is that?!?"
Angryface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:39 PM #11
ice98
Paypal Verified

i had a green stingray 2 and im still not sure what happened to it, now i own 2 (fairly complete) eagle 68's... i found out the 98 custom barrels would fit into the stingray 2 pretty easily, all you would have to do is notch it and you would have any number of barrels, haha

Big gear sale:Click Here
ice98 is offline   Reply With Quote