Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-09-2004, 12:45 PM #1
Shadows(BKO)
^Unbunkerable^

has been a member for 10 years
First 5-Man Tomorrow

Hey guys! Tomorrow, my team and I are going to our first 5-man up in Maine at the NEPL. I know a lot about paintball like the basics and most advance stuff but I was wondering if you guys had any secrets that websites and magazines don't talk abou that would help my team compete better tomorrow at the tourney?

Paintball is Fun
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2004, 01:21 PM #2
b-town boomer

b-town boomer is a Supporting Member
become best friends...best friends know what other best friends are thinking and there is a different kind of communication than talking...you'll know what they're thinking and what they're going to do so you guys will just click

NEVER PUT ANYONE DOWN ON YOUR TEAM

don't trash talk...(otherwise known as overconfidence)

make sure you're always moving up when you have chances...have one guy lane a back bunker, one guy lane a key front bunker...and then the front guy run off break
Old 10-09-2004, 01:22 PM #3
b-town boomer

oh crap it's 5 man lol... have 1 back lane back standup, 1 back lane key front bunker, 1 mid blaze the other side's key bunker, and 2 fronts rush off the break
Old 10-09-2004, 01:26 PM #4
Shadows(BKO)
^Unbunkerable^

Should I always have 1 back in the back center because I was thinking about both backs burning and walking to the corner bunkers off of the break with the 2 fronts rushing the tape and the mid grabbing the flag for the points.

Paintball is Fun
Old 10-09-2004, 01:40 PM #5
b-town boomer

oh so you have the flag in the middle...ah...then you're going to have to have someone blaze the bunker nearest the flag for them...don't want them to make it there...you're going to have to walk the field and make sure the backs have a safe path because you don't want to have a back tagged on the break (bad think)...otherwise i basicallly have no more advise left in me...hope it helps
Old 10-09-2004, 01:46 PM #6
Shadows(BKO)
^Unbunkerable^

thx man. I am just not with the best team at the tourney and it is basically a one tourney thing so I just wanted as many points a game by at least getting a flag pull every game.

Paintball is Fun