PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-17-2012, 09:21 PM #1
bradaf

has been a member for 10 years
first strike rounds

this seemed to be the best palce to ask this. i saw some videos with people using the first strike rounds and was impressed. i am wondering which marker is best suited for this type of paint. i have several fast shooters but nothing in the milsim category. i am thinking of getting one so any ideas on which way to go would be very helpful. a friend of mine has an a5. its pretty cool. a little heavy. the x7 phenom seems to be a good one also. i don't know anything about tiberius arms.
bradaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2012, 09:52 AM #2
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Any marker with a standard ball feed will not work unless you muzzle load the round. People are commercially building markers with a rotating magazine and we do it ourselfers are tinkering away building our own version.

I have a $10 pawn shop, pre 2000K, mechanical autococker that is a candidate for another project. Remove the ball feed tube, open the breech on top and gravity feed First Strikes inside a tube style cartridge. The trick will be keeping the cartridge tube from going down the barrel (or maybe not as long as the First Strike leaves the cartridge tube) and then ejecting it out the breech.

Plan B is a PVC sliding barrel breech loader you hand feed one round at a time. I share my designs if anyone wants to attempt this PVC project.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 AM #3
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I would have to recommend the Empire Trracer. At only $125 new (even less used!) all you need is a .688 barrel (included new) and maybe a sight. It's a phenomenal option for shooting these bolt-action style, which in my experience is all the speed you need!

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:07 PM #4
WolfstrikePB

WolfstrikePB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WolfstrikePB is attending Decay of Nations VI
First strikes are awesome and really do work as well as they say they do. Only problem with them is only one marker can actually fire them without some form of modding, and that would be the T8. Great marker, but its a pistol. In the very near future though, something like 2-6 months from now, first strike is going to take over! Milsig, Rap4, Scarab Arms, and Carmatech (sure there are more) are all coming out with their own versions of first strike capable markers and magazines. Hopefully this will encourage people to start using first strikes as well as reduce the price to something more similar to a standard paintball (currently they are about $0.50-$0.75 a round).

Coolest part about first strikes though is the sound they make as they fly past you. Unlike normal paintballs that you might see fly past you, a first strike you just hear. When you hear it close to your face for the first time, well lets just say you tend to get to cover quick!
WolfstrikePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:54 AM #5
SamareI

I use an old tiger shark pump that I demiled out to breach load. I also have an old tac 5 that should work pretty good with the feed neck removed.
SamareI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 PM #6
hardboy

I love first strike rounds. We use them here at West Point scenario games. I have seen some incredibel shots with first strike rounds. They also make a evil buzzing sound when they are fired at you from distance. LOL.
The Black Korps
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:58 PM #7
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Go with Trracer. A good T9.1 is $500 and is not that much better than a $125 Trracer.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:49 PM #8
JESTERTLS

Any marker that you can easily remove the barrel would be what I'd use, if I wasnt going to go with a marker designed to use them. I'd put a red dot site on it and dial it in. If I'm having to remove the barrel for each shot, I'd want to make sure I have a high probability to hit that target.

The only thing I dont like about the Tracer is the feed is on the top instead of the side which interferes with a site. I think you can side mount a site on it. But the slide also is over the barrel and might make breech loading a little more difficult.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 AM #9
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

personally, i use FS rounds with my custom bolt action cocker rifle. i cut out the feedneck and opened the breach to be able to easily hand load the rounds.

i also use a tpx with the Gunhead conversion kit, that works very nicely as well, although, it isnt as accurate as my bolt action marker. but it is nice being able to fire 6-7 FS rounds in a hurry if you need to. the cool thing with the tpx conversion is that you can still use it for stanadard paint, just switch back to standard mags.

if you make a stick mag for FS rounds, be careful, they tend to flip over and get jammed if they dont have spring pressure to hold them in posisiton.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote