Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 AM #1
ThreeJsDad

FSR's

How receptive have your local fields been to them. I have been working on some very nice markers using spool valve internals. I have built one that is kind of an odd ball as it is similar to an HK MP5. Now I want to build a nice sniper rifle designed to shoot the FSR's. It occurred to my son and I that there may not be many places that will allow me to use these rounds. If that is the case why bother to built a nice sniper rifle. I have ordered some of the sniper fin systems but I am not holding out hope that that will be as accurate as the FSR's.

I hope someone can give us some good news before we switch over to Airsoft.
ThreeJsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2011, 11:17 AM #2
hiddenphantom

In the northeast, I have not seen many First Strike Rounds, but I have seen that some of the fields are allowing them to be used. The West Point Combat Classic is one of those games that is FPO except for you may bring FSRs.

They are still a novality but they are kinda catching on, slowly.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:24 AM #3
RogueShooter

West Point allows them, and at the upcoming Avatar game at Quickshot they will be allowed as well. I don't have official word, but I assume if they're allowed at the Avatar game they will be allowed at future games as well. As of right now those are the only two fields allowing FS in scenario games that I know of in the Northeast. I'm pretty sure some BYOP fields like Picasso Lake allow them for rec play but not at scenarios.

What I would recommend is calling your local fields and seeing if they allow them. If they bring up concerns like "field paint only" let them know that if they contact Tiberius, special "FPO" colored First Strikes are available. That and insurance seems to be a hurdle. I see more fields accepting them in the future but who knows how quickly or how many. I would have hoped Tiberius would have done a better job promoting them to fields because that really will be the biggest sticking point to First Strikes becoming commonplace in paintball.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:23 PM #4
ThreeJsDad

Thanks, Yah even my local field is FPO and I have to order them through the field which means paying a premium for them. Even purchased in bulk these buggers are not cheap.
ThreeJsDad is offline   Reply With Quote