Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-21-2013, 11:12 PM #1
11XIII

TPX Gunhead first strike adapter problems

hey guys, Wish i could post some pictures but I'll just need to explain.

So i just bought the FS block adapter, really stoked, get it all installed and It seems like something is going wrong around the detent area...
when i put my first magazine in, two or three paintballs either 1) fall straight out of the barrel, or 2) stay in, but when i take my first shot, its practically a shotgun of 3 paintballs massacred in my barrel and breech.

WITHOUT hooking up air, Ill load the mag, stick it in, and pull the trigger and If i hold the trigger down, all paintballs will fall out.

Heres what i think the problem is... Idk if anyone has recently bought one of these, but mine looks different than the ones i see on youtube. the ones i see on the internet and even paintball stores pictures shows a normal block, and the only difference is obviously the "D" shaped hole meant for FS rounds instead of the "O" round shape. Mine has the sides spray painted red, and I have this black round piece that goes on the top of the block with a spring, and i havent the faintest idea what it does.
The problem this thing is causing is the detent hole that was milled into the block seems just a hair too small for a tippmann detent. For example, if you held the original block in your hand, with the detent in place, if you tipped the block over, the detent would fall out easily because there is barely any pressure fit at all.
My red FS block has the detent pressure fitted so much that the detent "Arm" that holds the paintballs back gets stuck in the hole after i finger push a paintball through it.
What Im thinking is happening is the second that first paintball goes thru, it shoves the detent in the block making it immobile, therefore it cant reset and stick back out to catch the second paintball, and then all the paintballs come flooding out because the detent is stuck.
Now this is a theory, but has anyone had similar problems with the FS Block?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 PM #2
11XIII

I just tried my old block/breech and everything works completely fine.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:17 AM #3
GHPB

We have you covered. Exchange info PMed.

GHPB
GHPB is offline   Reply With Quote