Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-25-2013, 01:31 AM #43
Shawn*Walker

I don't mind hostile or otherwise questions. I'm always game for a spirited discussion about our industry. I care a lot about our sport and as a player and paintball business owner I try to always to think about what's best for paintball.

Specifically, to answer some questions here.

1) The main change from a league standpoint is a mind shift away from trying to compete with the PSP and rather just throw quality events for a reasonable price. The PSP and their sponsors have spent millions on a quality circuit and high end webcast. I think it has been and continues to be great for the sport. But I don't agree that there should only be 5 National Level events. I believe more paintball is good for everyone. All the teams/players I speak to would play every weekend if they could. I don't see any issue with having more events.

I think this is key because everyone always wants to compare the NPPL and PSP. Why? Can't both exist and serve our industry? Or how about looking at it like this. If the PSP sells out every event with 150-200 teams doesn't that mean that some teams didn't get to participate that wanted to? Seems like there should be a place for those teams to go. If the NPPL can put on 5 events that average 80 teams and the PSP can put on 5 events that average 175 teams I wouldn't say the PSP "won". I'd say paintball won! That means over 1300 teams participated in National level paintball tournaments. Awesome!

2) As far as the baggage that I have inherited with the league I'm working closely with Chuck to get past debts handled and all loose ends tied up. I suspect all will be resolved before our next event.

3) I know we are in a world of instant success and instant failure. With the NPPL nothing is going to be instant. No "Angel Investor" is going to come in and spend millions on a paintball league, nor are we looking for someone to. My staff and I will continue to clean up the league, put on quality, fun events that are affordable and the success will be gradual. Our goal for the Windy City Open is to have more teams than we had for NEO and ensure that all teams attending have a fun, fair event. Baby steps towards success.
Shawn*Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2013, 08:19 PM #44
ADOLF
SDVandals.. hit it up

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF plays in the APPA D4 division
ADOLF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just without xfactor and dynasty for chi town... leaving maybe 4 teams in pro div.
VANDALS paintball brought to u by
HK GIANT FURIOUS BODY ARMOR PAINTBALLGATEWAY
SCAN MY AVATAR FOR MORE INFO
VAPORVENDETTA
ADOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:56 AM #45
freerider007
Howie Wowie

freerider007 plays in the PSP
freerider007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
freerider007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
freerider007 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCK BUCK #1 View Post
Not associated with Vendetta. Just a regular paintball player who follows the tourney scene giving my opinions on current events.

Put simply, I feel like the teams are getting a bum deal here and I'm voicing my opinion to that effect. I believe that when someone is promised a prize for winning an event, they deserve to be paid if they win.

I realize your deal with Chuck may absolve you from the obligation to pay but as I stated before, I think it would be a grand gesture on your part to pay the teams and recoup the money from Chuck yourself.
Yea you follow leagues because you lack this skill to play in either league!!
Tippmann USA
NXE
CROSSOVER
VIRTUE
OH-IO
freerider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 AM #46
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by freerider007 View Post
Yea you follow leagues because you lack this skill to play in either league!!
This is actually trolling. Please leave the personal attacks out of this. Besides, if you want to go down that road, there are plenty of players ranked higher than you that don't share your opinion. You don't need to be a top athlete to understand how a league is run.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 AM #47
BUCK BUCK #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforce View Post
This is actually trolling. Please leave the personal attacks out of this. Besides, if you want to go down that road, there are plenty of players ranked higher than you that don't share your opinion. You don't need to be a top athlete to understand how a league is run.
Thank you.
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote