Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 PM #1
Ace_Wolf

Project SALVO SAW Mod?

I have a Tippman Project SALVO, I am thinking of trying to go with a support gunner role, I recently seen a mod kit for the A5 to give it a M249 body, I was wondering if anything like that excists for the SALVO? If not, I might just get the mag fed convert and get that box mag, try for a M27 IAR approach..since it already has the body for it more or less, even though the M27 was used with a beta mag and not a box fed...by hey, whatever.

Also, on the side of mods, I've heard that the SALVO is more or less a 98 (or 98 costum...can't remember which) so a good percentage of the parts for the 98 could be used on the SALVO...so I was wondering if that is true...and if there were barrels/ barrel shrouds out there that would fit it/ give it a different rifle look. Like maybe an AK styled look?

Anyways, thanks ahead for any replies..
Ace_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2013, 01:12 AM #2
DarkShadowHunter
Screwball, One Each

DarkShadowHunter supports Sherwood Forest
Internally the Salvo is a 98 Custom, which is a Model 98. (The main difference between a Model 98 and 98 Custom is that upgrades such as responsive triggers, e-grips, and two finger triggers are drop in modifications where on the Model 98 the receivers would need to be machined to allow for them.)

I would check on tippmannparts.com for parts compatible with the Salvo. The best way to have it set up for support gunner, IMHO, is either a response trigger with cyclone feed or an e-grip with a decent force fed hopper. No other mods are required unless you also want the look of a light machine gun.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:46 PM #3
Ace_Wolf

Yea, that's what I am looking for is the look, would also enjoy the function (i.e. box or drum mag) Wanting to do some serious MilSim with it.

So does that mean the parts for the 98 Custom would fit the Salvo, like barrel,shrouds,stocks,ect?
Ace_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:54 AM #4
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
98 Custom parts fit. 98 Custom barrels fit. Some of the aesthetic stuff is chance. I know stocks will. Cyclone and Egrips will fit as well.

The magfed kit produced by RAP4 sacrifices your body halves, so it wouldnt have the same look. Not to mention its a serious investment, especially if you want a functioning box mag.

Otherwise you cant get the 249 look unless you hack it all up. The MKV kit (the one the Salvo is compatible with), might be able to get modded into a 249 airsoft body.

Lemme know if you need more stuff answered. Ive owned all the US Army Tippmanns, and most of the regular Tippmanns including the A5.