Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM #22
jmillen
 
 
jmillen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazer View Post
Did they take away the Race-To format for other divisions? I know D1 had Race-To last season.
NPPL offered it for D1 also this year, however I would like it available for the lower divisions.
__________________
Formerly known as: jason2015

O.C. Heroics
jmillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM #23
Kazer
 
 
Kazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Folsom, CA
 has been a member for 10 years
Kazer supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillen View Post
NPPL offered it for D1 also this year, however I would like it available for the lower divisions.
I personally really liked the millennium style Race-To having 4 teams on a field at once and alternating points. It felt like the whole program moved faster. I agree having it in all divisions would be amazing.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:52 PM #24
rjs21
 
 
rjs21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NEW to Baton Rouge, LA
Annual Supporting Member
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
After playing RPL for several years including the last one, I believe that Shawn Walker is a serious advocate of tournament paintball. He has unfairly been casted as the scapegoat for the fall of NPPL previously. I feel that NPPL will be restored to its former glory with him back at the helm.

My Credibility is I have played in over 50 NATIONAL events NPPL and PSP. I love both formats and lovED both leagues. NPPL for the past two years has been a joke compared to PSP, but I feel things will level back over the next 2 yrs.

Welcome back Shawn.
__________________

RISK IT CLOTHING
rjs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:35 PM #25
Shawn*Walker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I appreciate your comments and suggestions, its tough to run Race format for all the divisions because of all the infrastructure needed. You can't run as many games per field and thus need to have more fields to handle the teams.

For now the plan is to have the Race style format for D1 and Pro and keep the traditional format for the other divisional teams. We may be able to go to a race to 2 type format, but that's something we will need to think about down the road.

As far as the "flash" comment from El Chance Libre I believe the events that aren't at paintball fields are flashier than those that are. That doesn't mean they are better, but just different. By changing 2 events from stadium parking lots to paintball fields we hope to throw quality events at less "flashy" facilities.
Shawn*Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:35 PM #26
JoeMcNugget
USMC
 
JoeMcNugget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ft. Meade
JoeMcNugget plays in the PSP
JoeMcNugget owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JoeMcNugget plays in the APPA D4 division
JoeMcNugget has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootguy2002 View Post
As a promoter,
I understand logistics, budgets, and energy involved in hosting a series.

NPPL had better destinations than PSP hands down, like Tampa, HB, Denver, Vegas. The closet to that PSP has is cup. And I sometimes wonder if it is their star event because of location, among other more obvious reasons.

The NPPL claims to be a player run organization, which is laughable, but that very well could be the problem. The NPPL was looking for direction from players, and the players were looking for direction from the NPPL.

-Will
I'm sorry but these better destinations are also more costly. When the PSP had the Dallas Open this year the hotels were cheap and the people were nice, same way Galveston was but every year at HB its just like one the locals get pissed at us and the hotels are ridiculously expensive.
__________________
New York Assassins
I KILL FOR COUSINS PAINTBALL
UNITED
Powered by OXCC / Aztek Photos / Understood
JoeMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:28 AM #27
El Chance Libre
 
 
El Chance Libre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Okc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn*Walker View Post
I appreciate your comments and suggestions, its tough to run Race format for all the divisions because of all the infrastructure needed. You can't run as many games per field and thus need to have more fields to handle the teams.

For now the plan is to have the Race style format for D1 and Pro and keep the traditional format for the other divisional teams. We may be able to go to a race to 2 type format, but that's something we will need to think about down the road.

As far as the "flash" comment from El Chance Libre I believe the events that aren't at paintball fields are flashier than those that are. That doesn't mean they are better, but just different. By changing 2 events from stadium parking lots to paintball fields we hope to throw quality events at less "flashy" facilities.
That's the issue the nppl is already having. "Flash" brings in teams, "flash" brings in the spectators, "flash" is the only reason a company like hk is so popular. I don't agree with that image, I hate hk and the way they portray the sport with their drunken jackass actions but they certainly aren't popular because of the quality of their gear. World Cup has all the flash in the world and its the biggest event because of it. Maybe the nppl should add some flash rather than remove it. The whole point of the bigger organizations is to experience the atmosphere of "pro" events not to feel like you just paid $1000 entry into a regional event.
__________________
New ninja 50/4500. Bring 68/45 or 77/45!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4005481
El Chance Libre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:00 AM #28
BIGCAN-RULES
#UNDR #ACPB #HK
 
BIGCAN-RULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: HALIFAX, CANADA
Annual Supporting Member
BIGCAN-RULES plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGCAN-RULES supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chance Libre View Post
That's the issue the nppl is already having. "Flash" brings in teams, "flash" brings in the spectators, "flash" is the only reason a company like hk is so popular. I don't agree with that image, I hate hk and the way they portray the sport with their drunken jackass actions but they certainly aren't popular because of the quality of their gear. World Cup has all the flash in the world and its the biggest event because of it. Maybe the nppl should add some flash rather than remove it. The whole point of the bigger organizations is to experience the atmosphere of "pro" events not to feel like you just paid $1000 entry into a regional event.
so you do or don't like flash??? "Flash is the only reason a company like HK is so popular" (good mkt may come into play but w/e) but you hate them...and then you go onto say NPPL needz more flash. Just a question.

HK is F^%$#@! awesome tho, jus sayin and the last i checked, greenspan was reppin HK across the world bringing it to the world
__________________
#UNDR #HKARMY #ACPB
#East Coast Kings #EPPL
BIGCAN-RULES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:02 AM #29
BUCK BUCK #1
 
 
BUCK BUCK #1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chance Libre View Post
That's the issue the nppl is already having. "Flash" brings in teams, "flash" brings in the spectators, "flash" is the only reason a company like hk is so popular. I don't agree with that image, I hate hk and the way they portray the sport with their drunken jackass actions but they certainly aren't popular because of the quality of their gear. World Cup has all the flash in the world and its the biggest event because of it. Maybe the nppl should add some flash rather than remove it. The whole point of the bigger organizations is to experience the atmosphere of "pro" events not to feel like you just paid $1000 entry into a regional event.
The NPPL is hemorrhaging money at this point.
They can't afford "flash".
41 "pro" teams and 2 divisional teams at the next event.
Do the math.
__________________
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BUCK BUCK #1 : 05-28-2013 at 07:41 AM.
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:39 AM #30
HLG Apocalyptic
Do a Barrell Roll!
 
HLG Apocalyptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lex, KY
HLG Apocalyptic supports Team VICIOUS
HLG Apocalyptic plays in the APPA beginner division
HLG Apocalyptic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chance Libre View Post
That's the issue the nppl is already having. "Flash" brings in teams, "flash" brings in the spectators, "flash" is the only reason a company like hk is so popular. I don't agree with that image, I hate hk and the way they portray the sport with their drunken jackass actions but they certainly aren't popular because of the quality of their gear. World Cup has all the flash in the world and its the biggest event because of it. Maybe the nppl should add some flash rather than remove it. The whole point of the bigger organizations is to experience the atmosphere of "pro" events not to feel like you just paid $1000 entry into a regional event.
HK may be crazy, but they do show up and they do promote whenever possible. They don't force people to be "drunken jackasses", that's voluntary, but anyway. On the new documentary that was pulled out, the Dynasty guys talked a lot about how flashy and creative the whole process was because "3,000 people came not knowing what paintball is, and they will leave knowing it now". I believe it DOES need flash because this world and its viewpoints are built on it. If you have a YouTube video explaining a historic event in a monotone voice and demeanor, then who is going to stick around to watch it? But if you crack jokes and have animations, it makes it more exciting and makes the viewer want to stick around. I believe that the NPPL has a great format going for them, but they are just shying away from one of the big things that will put them back on the map, which is flash. HB was ALL about flash and it got absolutely huge. Go back to that. Make it a big deal.
__________________
University of Kentucky Paintball #34
MacDev Militia
Shocker Owner's Group
HLG Apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:42 AM #31
BUCK BUCK #1
 
 
BUCK BUCK #1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLG Apocalyptic View Post
HK may be crazy, but they do show up and they do promote whenever possible. They don't force people to be "drunken jackasses", that's voluntary, but anyway. On the new documentary that was pulled out, the Dynasty guys talked a lot about how flashy and creative the whole process was because "3,000 people came not knowing what paintball is, and they will leave knowing it now". I believe it DOES need flash because this world and its viewpoints are built on it. If you have a YouTube video explaining a historic event in a monotone voice and demeanor, then who is going to stick around to watch it? But if you crack jokes and have animations, it makes it more exciting and makes the viewer want to stick around. I believe that the NPPL has a great format going for them, but they are just shying away from one of the big things that will put them back on the map, which is flash. HB was ALL about flash and it got absolutely huge. Go back to that. Make it a big deal.
See last post. The NPPL can't afford "flash" at this point. Wishing it to be, simply won't pay for it.
__________________
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:42 PM #32
HLG Apocalyptic
Do a Barrell Roll!
 
HLG Apocalyptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lex, KY
HLG Apocalyptic supports Team VICIOUS
HLG Apocalyptic plays in the APPA beginner division
HLG Apocalyptic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCK BUCK #1 View Post
See last post. The NPPL can't afford "flash" at this point. Wishing it to be, simply won't pay for it.
I believe they cant afford it because they had already taken it away, thinking they didn't need it.
__________________
University of Kentucky Paintball #34
MacDev Militia
Shocker Owner's Group
HLG Apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:29 AM #33
BUCK BUCK #1
 
 
BUCK BUCK #1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLG Apocalyptic View Post
I believe they cant afford it because they had already taken it away, thinking they didn't need it.
Uhm.... no. They can't afford it because there's a grand total of 45 teams registered for NEO. *sad horn noise*
__________________
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:04 PM #34
blackychan
 
 
blackychan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
blackychan owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blackychan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blackychan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCK BUCK #1 View Post
Uhm.... no. They can't afford it because there's a grand total of 45 teams registered for NEO. *sad horn noise*
I see you're posts everywhere and i always agree lol.

Shawn isn't saying he doesn't want flash. They just need to downsize a little and bring it back up, A lot like what happens with any corporation. With the money and focus going to the things that really matter for the players, I think well be seeing a whole new NPPL (Or old NPPL again lol).

The NPPL does need flash...EVENTUALLY!
__________________
"We arenít out to take it in the *** from the first person who wants to give us a shinny new nickel. We arenít out to make the self appointed dick head team politicians famous. We are a team of players for the players. Our goal is to redefine the old ideas of how paintball should be played, even if it is just among a few." uprising nation
uprising support
PDX VEXX!!!!1st place 2012 NPPL World Champ D4 Race-to
PDX VEXX 2nd place WCPPL D4
blackychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:47 PM #35
jmillen
 
 
jmillen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Race 2 format would be a great option for all divisions below D1. Hopefully this can be implemented sometime in the near future.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn*Walker View Post
I appreciate your comments and suggestions, its tough to run Race format for all the divisions because of all the infrastructure needed. You can't run as many games per field and thus need to have more fields to handle the teams.

For now the plan is to have the Race style format for D1 and Pro and keep the traditional format for the other divisional teams. We may be able to go to a race to 2 type format, but that's something we will need to think about down the road.

As far as the "flash" comment from El Chance Libre I believe the events that aren't at paintball fields are flashier than those that are. That doesn't mean they are better, but just different. By changing 2 events from stadium parking lots to paintball fields we hope to throw quality events at less "flashy" facilities.
__________________
Formerly known as: jason2015

O.C. Heroics
jmillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:58 PM #36
pmac2002
 
 
pmac2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: GRC Paintball
Its time to start from the ground up and rebuild. You will never make everyone happy. So the outright ignorant comments are always going to be there. If you love the sport then get out to an event if not go curling and shut up!

see you all at NEO
__________________
GI JOES RMXL 2014
pmac2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:32 PM #37
El Chance Libre
 
 
El Chance Libre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Okc
Well one thing you can't expect is to get paid your prize money! Someone kill this league once and for all please! They can't even afford to pay their bills and all the teams are leaving. Just end it already. Leave with some dignity for god sakes
__________________
New ninja 50/4500. Bring 68/45 or 77/45!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4005481
El Chance Libre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:42 PM #38
MiaDvs
-Picris
 
MiaDvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
MiaDvs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shawn, again thanks for taking the time to explain what is up to come with this league. I think that the NPPL should change their format from points to race to, this will make more teams want to come back and play some real paintball.
__________________
-------- FEEDBACK --------

PbNation Feedback: MiaDvs
MiaDvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:52 PM #39
TheOnlyJuelz
Live By The Gun
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lake Tapps, Wa
Annual Supporting Member
TheOnlyJuelz is a Professional paintball player
TheOnlyJuelz plays in the PSP
TheOnlyJuelz plays in the APPA D1 division
TheOnlyJuelz supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chance Libre View Post
Well one thing you can't expect is to get paid your prize money!
Qft!

Shawn how soon can we expect a check sent out??
__________________
Joel Eaton
PaintballSportsPark
Ambush Paintball
Doodlebugsportz
Axiom proshop
TheOnlyJuelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:07 PM #40
BUCK BUCK #1
 
 
BUCK BUCK #1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NYC CANADA
I wouldn't hold your breath.
__________________
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump