PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2013, 09:17 AM #1
Thunder-Tek
"Ordnance Support Unit"

Scarab arms TGR2

Anyone have any experience with these Scarab Arms markers? Good? Bad?Look well engineered and durable and the mags look alot better than the Dmag system.
http://www.combatpaintball.proboards.com
"If you think your safe,think again"
Thunder-Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2013, 11:31 PM #2
Devil808

Over all this Scarab arms TGR2 is a solid marker, got mine late last week but unfortunatly other then some backyard target shooting not real game play testing has been done, backyard target shooting was for testing if there was any air leaks, after buying several used markers with bad leaks, (mainly due to bad O-rings) i test everything in the backyard before it hits the field.

Pro's:
* Durable - watched a local guy beat his against a big rock and a tree and it still shoots like nothing happened. just has lots of nicks in the coating maybe a few minor scratches.

* First strike ready - magazine feed thats first strike ready not much more to say here.

*Tank in stock combo - for a woodsball/milsim player makes live nicer not having a giant tank blow your stock throwing the markers balance 0ff. (yes you can use a remote line with other markers for the same thing, can also use a remote like with the tgr2's tank stock connector. possibly even a rap4 air through stock as well but not confirmed.)

*reasonably accurate - Mind I am using the stock barrel for all my testing at approxamitly 50 feet. with approxamitly 3sec between trigger pulls. i have no more then a 4 inch spread. ( how this will relate to active game play might bring different results. as will using an improved barrel bore to paint match over the .710 stock barrel.)

*rails for various attachments - while alot of people say attachments are useless I find spacific ones improve my game play. Angled forgrip for instance makes the gun easier to manuver in tight places and i feel it improves my ability to steady the gun while aiming for distance shots (yes i said angled. vertical hurts my wrists due to carpultunnel and without same issue.) I also use a replica Eotech 553 for aiming it makes quick target acquisition.

Cons:
*Cant use shorter then a 12in one piece barrel with the ris hand guard rail system in place. - This isnt a major issue it just makes finding a good control bore kit that consists of more then the 3 sizes that come standard with the lapco 3 bore 1 piece barrel kits if anyone comes across a good one kit like the flasc kit for the bt tm15 (i also own) id appreciate a heads up.

*Magazines are expensive - while a bigger issue over the barrel one stated above. the scarab arms will accept milsig and rap4 mags with ease. (not sure if the new Dmags are included in that but may require a conversion kit of some kind once released)

*No velocity ajustment valve/nob/scew - not the worse issue but certainly a big issue. Scarab arms instead working out how to set a velocity ajustment screw/nob/valve in the marker, they developed a spring set to ajust the velocity.

*no top/side feed neck/hole for hoppers- IMO biggest issue with this marker. while I understand there intent with the marker. i think a feed neck/port on the top/side would have made the marker that much more attractive for woodsball players as it would not limit them to strickly using magazines. However. after doing some research Rap4 makes a box magazine that holds 250 rounds much like a standard hopper does. and feeds through the magazine well. This could be an alternitive to the mentioned issue if it will fit into the tgr2 magazine well. I believe it does but I have not see confirmation of this yet.
Devil808 is offline   Reply With Quote