PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-29-2013, 03:51 AM #22
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
Im just saving my pennies waiting... don't know what for yet but im waiting.
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2013, 02:41 PM #23
dominantgazelle
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo

dominantgazelle plays in the APPA D4 division
dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
dominantgazelle supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufkon View Post
I don't think high end speedball pump markers have a big market. Look at bob longs Marq pump. I don't see many of those around at all. Most players like pump because its cheaper (use less paint) so why would you want to buy a marker for around 1k or even more.

I'm sure Jack has some good things in store for 2013. I don't think anyone will be disappointed..
Maybe people would buy higher end pumps because they'd be saving on paint. Idk I see a few mvp's around here. Mostly like cheaper pumps though
dominantgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:10 PM #24
Jawz1996

Jawz1996 supports DLX Technology
I hope he will still have parts for the invasion. I emailed him about a new ram body, ram, and bolt, and he told me he didn't have any ram bodies, and I would need to reuse the pin in my current bolt. Kinda ridiculous imo but hopefully when the gun comes back it'll shoot.
Jawz1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:14 PM #25
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawz1996 View Post
I hope he will still have parts for the invasion. I emailed him about a new ram body, ram, and bolt, and he told me he didn't have any ram bodies, and I would need to reuse the pin in my current bolt. Kinda ridiculous imo but hopefully when the gun comes back it'll shoot.
I can still fix every gun I have ever made!
There is no reason that someone would need to have a different ram body - unless they take their ram body out, grab it with a pair of channel locks and scar up the body. Even then I fixed it for you - put in a new Rammer, and didn't charge you much.
As to bolt pins - they're stainless steel and take quite awhile to make. I also buy in smaller quantities so again expensive.
I try to keep costs down. So stocking expensive parts that may never get sold isn't a good way to do that. Players won't need ram bodies, and few would ever need a bolt pin. Maybe you lose the spring and ball bearing, but the pin - not so many will need that.
If I charged what I should for a bolt pin I would get $20 plus shipping, but that - to me - seems like players would think I'm taking advantage of them. So I charge a bit less and then only sell them when I have too.
Same as for cars. A $25,000 car is $100,000 if you bought the pieces and had them put together by a shop.

Quote:
hopefully when the gun comes back it'll shoot.
If you sent in the gun in you would know it shoots - but you wouldn't pay to have the gun repaired - just sent the ram body.

Maybe because these guns are cheaper this is happening when it hasn't before, but someone else cut up their feedneck ring and then sold the gun and now it has resold a couple of times. I have tried to get him a new ring - but it has to be made as a one of one. That feedneck ring is so solid it would never break - just like the ram body would not need to be replaced. But you can break it if you try.

Players if you are going to buy broken guns check with me first on the cost to fix them. These are tough, low maintenance guns that need next to nothing, I didn't stock a bunch of parts that I would have to throw away in 5 years. Can't do that and make a top performing gun that sells it $499
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 PM #26
El Chance Libre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post
There is no reason that someone would need to have a different ram body - unless they take their ram body out, grab it with a pair of channel locks and scar up the body. Even then I fixed it for you - put in a new Rammer, and didn't charge you much.
As to bolt pins - they're stainless steel and take quite awhile to make. I also buy in smaller quantities so again expensive.
I try to keep costs down. So stocking expensive parts that may never get sold isn't a good way to do that. Players won't need ram bodies, and few would ever need a bolt pin. Maybe you lose the spring and ball bearing, but the pin - not so many will need that.
If I charged what I should for a bolt pin I would get $20 plus shipping, but that - to me - seems like players would think I'm taking advantage of them. So I charge a bit less and then only sell them when I have too.
Same as for cars. A $25,000 car is $100,000 if you bought the pieces and had them put together by a shop.

If you sent in the gun in you would know it shoots - but you wouldn't pay to have the gun repaired - just sent the ram body.

Maybe because these guns are cheaper this is happening when it hasn't before, but someone else cut up their feedneck ring and then sold the gun and now it has resold a couple of times. I have tried to get him a new ring - but it has to be made as a one of one. That feedneck ring is so solid it would never break - just like the ram body would not need to be replaced. But you can break it if you try.

Players if you are going to buy broken guns check with me first on the cost to fix them. These are tough, low maintenance guns that need next to nothing, I didn't stock a bunch of parts that I would have to throw away in 5 years. Can't do that and make a top performing gun that sells it $499
El Chance Libre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 PM #27
Jawz1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice View Post

I didn't want to send the whole gun because I knew the problem was with ram body/ram due to my inability at getting the ram out. But it was mostly because I couldn't afford to send the whole gun in and have it completely fixed. Shipping was the major killer, sucks to live in Canada.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:28 PM #28
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Shipping prices in Canada have gone up quite a bit. The only think you can do to get the cost down is ship it by post, then it's not too bad. Of course it will take longer as well.

When you get it back take good care of it and it'll always work.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:09 AM #29
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
I didn't want to send the whole gun because I knew the problem was with ram body/ram due to my inability at getting the ram out. But it was mostly because I couldn't afford to send the whole gun in and have it completely fixed. Shipping was the major killer, sucks to live in Canada.
Player, I didn't say - or mean to infer - that there was anything wrong with just sending in a part. Only mentioned it because (to me) it sounded like you were doubting the quality of the guns. That just isn't right.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:16 PM #30
Jawz1996

I'm not doubting the quality of the gat. I only want more parts available so that if something goes wrong I will have the option to ship the parts here instead of shipping and waiting for the gun/part to come back. I don't mind the gun, I mean I;m not going to lie and say it's the best gun I've ever shot, but it's not bad and quite the bang for the buck. Of course that's my opinion though, others may vary