Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-15-2013, 11:57 PM #1
nc4217

Autococker Body

It it possible that a certain brand cocker bodies and designs just simply suck. I have a complete build gun that was built of a hybrid rival mini (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2665/) and quite frankly i just always have problem with it primarily paint getting stuck in the body and chopping, inconsistent pressures and consistency, im about to just order an actual wgp body like a old oracle outkast or backmagic . I just wanted to know if any one else had an issue like this before
nc4217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2013, 01:33 AM #2
tacxplosion

Hybrids are one of the more decent bodies out there, that's not to say there might be some machining problem with this particular body; but more likely than not, the issues stem from the way the internals/pneus are set up.

I would disassemble everything except the lower tube, set the cocking point with the ram at full stroke, then the lug depth, then the LPR, then the 3-way and then fine tune from there with the lug and the 3-way.
I've seen a 'cocker, even from the less reputable manufacturers like SystemX, that I couldn't fix with this (I'm the store tech for a local store & I've fixed/teched a few 'cockers, including 4 I personally own).
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:02 AM #3
nc4217

i think it a machining problem i break my gun down after each play and give it the full clean and lube. The gun is also electric with and e1 trigger, nexus ram and lpr, aka sidewinder ram, mq2 valve. The other day 1 grabbed a new bag and took the bolt out and dropped about 50 balls down the neck and out the front and id say about 15 got stuck in the neck leaving about half the ball in the main feed and half in the neck, i also think the air chamber in this gun is just to leading to the inconsistancy
Old 05-16-2013, 11:03 AM #4
tacxplosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc4217 View Post
i think it a machining problem i break my gun down after each play and give it the full clean and lube. The gun is also electric with and e1 trigger, nexus ram and lpr, aka sidewinder ram, mq2 valve. The other day 1 grabbed a new bag and took the bolt out and dropped about 50 balls down the neck and out the front and id say about 15 got stuck in the neck leaving about half the ball in the main feed and half in the neck,
Find the obstruction and sand it down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc4217 View Post
i also think the air chamber in this gun is just to leading to the inconsistancy
The air chamber has nothing to do with inconsistencies, it's a fixed volume of air, the HPR or valve would be at fault in that case.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:14 PM #5
Reddawg

make sure the bolt is going back far enough for balls to drop in. I have seen ram thread not hold tight and bolt is out of adjustment and won't let balls drop.
Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:42 AM #6
tacxplosion

He's even tried running paint with no bolt on, it's not a bolt spacing/cocking point issue
Old 05-17-2013, 02:29 PM #7
HolySokz

has been a member for 10 years
HolySokz is playing at Living Legends VI
HolySokz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HolySokz supports Empire
first what fronts are on the gun? valve and spring combo...hpr?

Last edited by HolySokz : 05-17-2013 at 02:33 PM.
HolySokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:47 PM #8
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
Find the obstruction and sand it down?
If balls are getting stuck when you feed them with no bolt in place, that's the first thing to take care of. Do you feel any obstruction with your finger? Do you see anything when you look through the body (front to back, back to front with no bolt or barrel in place)?
Paint should drop freely by gravity alone. If it's doesn't, there's a physical obstruction that needs to be corrected.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:15 PM #9
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

...is the detent too far in? there should be an o-ring on the detent that keeps it from screwing all the way down. never seen it keep paint from coming in though, but it can cause issues with your bolt. if theres something thats big enough to keep paint from falling in it should be pretty obvious.

hybrid's were one of the nicer cockers.

also the air chamber is the same size on most cockers, since most were cut from WGP blanks. you have pre2k, 2k+, and merlin spec...with trilogies falling somewhere between 2k and merlin spec.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:41 PM #10
stevew007

stevew007 is a Supporting Member
did they make a rival mini?
lmk if you want to sell LOL
stevew007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:59 PM #11
nc4217

I think i solved the issues by just sanding the inner feed bore with sandpaper.The balls dont seem to be getting stuck any more, i may give it another sanding just to be a 100% sure and remove all the paint in the neck
Old 05-22-2013, 11:11 PM #12
nc4217

it is a 2k+, sidewinder reg, nexus rams and lpr, e1, mq2 valve