Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-13-2013, 02:41 PM #1
blackychan

blackychan owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blackychan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blackychan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Shawn, what can the players expect?

There as been a lot of talk about Shawn taking over production of the NPPL events and make improvements. That sounds great and im am very hopeful for great this to come. However, with how long most if not all the NPPL supporting athletes have been left in the dark about whats going on, I speak for my self along with many others when i ask what is the plan?

Things like "As far as what's new with this new direction of the NPPL, my plans are to strip away some of the "flash" and concentrate on the nuts and bolts of a quality paintball event. Work on the overall experience with relationship to the referees, costs and quality of the events." are great! and im glad to hear some sort of feedback as to whats going on. but I think we all want something a little less vague.

what flash are you stripping away?
what are the nuts an bolts you plan of focusing on?
how do plan on Working on the "overall experience with relationship to the referees, costs and quality of the events."?

What I want to know is, what do you plan on doing at NEO that we can identify as Shawn's improvements the NPPL?

As a player I would like to know what will happen at NEO that I can see as a start, or at least an attempted start to bring the NPPL back up.

more porta-jons, bigger pit tents, a vending machine.. im not serious about any of those examples. Those are just black and white improvements that I, WE. Would like to know.

We don't need your whole business plan, but a little transparency would be nice!

We want to see your work, therefore can comfortably keep investing our time and money.

What are you going to do for us Shawn?
"We arenít out to take it in the *** from the first person who wants to give us a shinny new nickel. We arenít out to make the self appointed dick head team politicians famous. We are a team of players for the players. Our goal is to redefine the old ideas of how paintball should be played, even if it is just among a few." uprising nation
uprising support
PDX VEXX!!!!1st place 2012 NPPL World Champ D4 Race-to
PDX VEXX 2nd place WCPPL D4
blackychan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2013, 02:53 PM #2
i got an ion
RIP Royals

i got an ion plays in the PSP
i got an ion plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackychan View Post
There as been a lot of talk about Shawn taking over production of the NPPL events and make improvements. That sounds great and im am very hopeful for great this to come. However, with how long most if not all the NPPL supporting athletes have been left in the dark about whats going on, I speak for my self along with many others when i ask what is the plan?

Things like "As far as what's new with this new direction of the NPPL, my plans are to strip away some of the "flash" and concentrate on the nuts and bolts of a quality paintball event. Work on the overall experience with relationship to the referees, costs and quality of the events." are great! and im glad to hear some sort of feedback as to whats going on. but I think we all want something a little less vague.

what flash are you stripping away?
what are the nuts an bolts you plan of focusing on?
how do plan on Working on the "overall experience with relationship to the referees, costs and quality of the events."?

What I want to know is, what do you plan on doing at NEO that we can identify as Shawn's improvements the NPPL?

As a player I would like to know what will happen at NEO that I can see as a start, or at least an attempted start to bring the NPPL back up.

more porta-jons, bigger pit tents, a vending machine.. im not serious about any of those examples. Those are just black and white improvements that I, WE. Would like to know.

We don't need your whole business plan, but a little transparency would be nice!

We want to see your work, therefore can comfortably keep investing our time and money.

What are you going to do for us Shawn?
A lot may happening behind the scenes to fix things as a business and in the books but, if the players(customers) dont have tangible changes, then its the same NPPL as it was before.

Sacramento DMG

Capital Edge Paintball Park(CEPP)
i got an ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 PM #3
blackychan

Exactly! so us the evidence of the improvements. we want to physically see them.
"We arenít out to take it in the *** from the first person who wants to give us a shinny new nickel. We arenít out to make the self appointed dick head team politicians famous. We are a team of players for the players. Our goal is to redefine the old ideas of how paintball should be played, even if it is just among a few." uprising nation
uprising support
Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 PM #4
BUCK BUCK #1

32 teams so far for the next event.

edit: only 37 as of the early registration deadline; and rumours of Uprising and Vendetta bailing out.
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BUCK BUCK #1 : 05-14-2013 at 06:35 AM.
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:52 AM #5
blackychan

I dont know about Vendetta, but I dont see uprising Bailing as 2 of their key players play PSP for sac dmg, another for thunder, also they wouldnt be able to keep dave and mouse.

WOW!! and its less than a month away!
uprising support
Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM #6
BUCK BUCK #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackychan View Post
I dont know about Vendetta, but I dont see uprising Bailing as 2 of their key players play PSP for sac dmg, another for thunder, also they wouldnt be able to keep dave and mouse.
I meant bailing out of the NPPL.
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:21 PM #7
blackychan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCK BUCK #1 View Post
I meant bailing out of the NPPL.
No, i get what you mean. But if they did that all uprising players are already on established teams. I can see vendetta doing it though!!
uprising support
Old 05-14-2013, 05:20 PM #8
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Annual Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bigfootguy2002 is BST Legit
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
I don't hold anything against Shawn,
I do know he was the CEO of the NPPL when it crumbled in bankruptcy in 2008.

I do know that my program will not participate in NPPL ever again, after adjusting our schedule away from PSP to participate at Tampa, only to be left in the dark. There are 4 teams you lost, I know another coach for a large program that shares my exact emotions. How many people that field two or three teams will discontinue playing, or better yet, can you afford to run off?

37 teams is a joke honestly, they have run off everyone by the quality of their events and stepped on every supporters toes.

I hope this league can grow to what it once was with 250+ teams, 6+ fields, great locations, good refs, and a quality experience. I have confidence that Gino/Valken will dump whatever amount of money is necessary to make this league thrive. Just to be able to tell the PSP to piss off.

-Will

Central Alabama Paintball Park and Tournament Complex
Minor League Paintball (MiLP)
(205) 837-4177
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 PM #9
blackychan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfootguy2002 View Post
I don't hold anything against Shawn,
I do know he was the CEO of the NPPL when it crumbled in bankruptcy in 2008.

I do know that my program will not participate in NPPL ever again, after adjusting our schedule away from PSP to participate at Tampa, only to be left in the dark. There are 4 teams you lost, I know another coach for a large program that shares my exact emotions. How many people that field two or three teams will discontinue playing, or better yet, can you afford to run off?

37 teams is a joke honestly, they have run off everyone by the quality of their events and stepped on every supporters toes.

I hope this league can grow to what it once was with 250+ teams, 6+ fields, great locations, good refs, and a quality experience. I have confidence that Gino/Valken will dump whatever amount of money is necessary to make this league thrive. Just to be able to tell the PSP to piss off.

-Will
uprising support
Old 05-14-2013, 07:02 PM #10
pmac2002

Annual Supporting Member
Ok so you are not playing for what reason?

Did you plan on traveling to denver? Or just doing 1 event?

Understanding the logistics and cost that goes into running any league is important here. The NPPL is going to grow. The PSP is going to grow. As long as we can all stop crying about crap and just play paintball.

Good Luck to all see you at NEO
Old 05-14-2013, 07:09 PM #11
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Annual Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 is BST Legit
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
As a promoter,
I understand logistics, budgets, and energy involved in hosting a series.

NPPL had better destinations than PSP hands down, like Tampa, HB, Denver, Vegas. The closet to that PSP has is cup. And I sometimes wonder if it is their star event because of location, among other more obvious reasons.

The NPPL claims to be a player run organization, which is laughable, but that very well could be the problem. The NPPL was looking for direction from players, and the players were looking for direction from the NPPL.

-Will

Central Alabama Paintball Park and Tournament Complex
Minor League Paintball (MiLP)
(205) 837-4177
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 PM #12
pmac2002

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
As a promoter,
I understand logistics, budgets, and energy involved in hosting a series.

NPPL had better destinations than PSP hands down, like Tampa, HB, Denver, Vegas. The closet to that PSP has is cup. And I sometimes wonder if it is their star event because of location, among other more obvious reasons.

The NPPL claims to be a player run organization, which is laughable, but that very well could be the problem. The NPPL was looking for direction from players, and the players were looking for direction from the NPPL.

-Will
completely agree its time management to manage and players to play
Old 05-15-2013, 12:12 PM #13
BUCK BUCK #1

Quote:
I have confidence that Gino/Valken will dump whatever amount of money is necessary to make this league thrive. Just to be able to tell the PSP to piss off.

I think the NPPL is on the wrong end of things right about now because they told the PSP to "piss off" and walked out of the merger talks.
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:29 PM #14
Shawn*Walker

Hello all. I appreciate everyone's questions and ideas for the League. As a long time paintball player, field owner and industry member I want the best for our sport and will continue to work hard to run solid events for the NPPL.

I believe that the NPPL has lost some credibility over the past few years. They have been short on staff and thus short on communication. They have been getting attacked from all fronts as the idea of "one league" kept circulating and a push to accomplish that. The previous management was constantly fielding questions and proposals and trying to navigate a tough environment. I don't believe there should be only one league, not because I'm against the PSP (which I'm not, I sponsor multiple teams that participate and sponsor the webcast) but rather there needs to be places to play paintball nationally. Not just 5 events. No other sport has only 5 national events annually. (I can explain my thinking more on a different thread, but basically more paintball = better)

I think the main change you, as players, will see is a better staffed more communicative league. We have a fully staffed office working on not just the next event but the next 10 events. We are already working on 2014 dates and venues and our goal is to get information out as early as possible.

As to the questions about changing the venues this year, it was unfortunate that we had to make changes mid season. If we had any other way to make it happen we would. Its kinda like taking over a lease of a Mercedes from a previous owner and needing to turn it back in the dealer because we can't afford the payments.

Please understand that our main goal is to put on 3 more quality events in 2013 and build back trust within our players/spectators/vendors.

This is not going to happen in one event. It's going to take some time. I suspect this next event will have 60ish teams. Chicago should have a bit more and Vegas a bit more. The more we communicate and put on solid events then teams will come.

Our goal is not to "keep up with the Jones" but rather put on affordable, quality events.

I'd be happy to answer any additional questions.
Shawn*Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:36 PM #15
Hobbes The Tiger
Big Gulps, huh?

Annual Supporting Member
Hobbes The Tiger is a Moderator
Hobbes The Tiger is BST Trusted
Hobbes The Tiger is a Paintball photographer
Hobbes The Tiger is playing at Living Legends VII
Hobbes The Tiger supports our troops
Hobbes The Tiger is attending Decay of Nations VI
I'm not a player and this feels like I'm beating a dead horse, but will there be any changes to media? If you'd like, I can PM/email you on what I think needs to be changed along with ideas if you're legitimately interested in hearing them.

Follow PbNation: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

@DABPhoto: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Hobbes The Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:05 PM #16
jmillen

jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Shawn, thank you for answering the questions. Next season, can you offer the Race format to all of the divisions? I really like the Race format and I think it is more spectator friendly (easier for non-paintball people to understand). Also, it makes the game more of an even playing field. For example, if you have a bad game it is very costly to your team, and could be the difference between advancing to Sunday or not. I would really like it if the Race format was available for all divisions, I think that this is the future of the sport. I have talked to a few other NPPL players and they feel the same way. Perhaps this could even be voted on to determine interest?

O.C. Heroics

Last edited by jmillen : 05-21-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: removed very long quote
jmillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 PM #17
robertbaines
Northwest

robertbaines plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillen View Post
Shawn, thank you for answering the questions. Next season, can you offer the Race format to all of the divisions? I really like the Race format and I think it is more spectator friendly (easier for non-paintball people to understand). Also, it makes the game more of an even playing field. For example, if you have a bad game it is very costly to your team, and could be the difference between advancing to Sunday or not. I would really like it if the Race format was available for all divisions, I think that this is the future of the sport. I have talked to a few other NPPL players and they feel the same way. Perhaps this could even be voted on to determine interest?
I agree, the race-to format is a great idea even the modified like they have been using is better than a traditional point system like in the past events. It is really hard if you are to have a bad event and pay the money take the time off from work ect, and only get 4 games. The race format is better because you can bounce back from a bad game but also just get to play more paintball while you are there.

Feedback
robertbaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 PM #18
jmillen

jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmillen owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Exactly, it also shows who is the better team. Everyone has bad games, so the Race format shows who the better team is that day. Glad you agree!

O.C. Heroics
jmillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:59 PM #19
robertbaines
Northwest

robertbaines plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillen View Post
Exactly, it also shows who is the better team. Everyone has bad games, so the Race format shows who the better team is that day. Glad you agree!

Feedback
robertbaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 PM #20
El Chance Libre

Stripping away some of the flash?! Lmao nppl events already pale in comparison to psp events for flash
Old 05-21-2013, 07:30 PM #21
Kazer

Kazer supports DLX Technology
Did they take away the Race-To format for other divisions? I know D1 had Race-To last season.
Kazer is offline   Reply With Quote