Community Focus

Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 PM #1
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Distracted

I agree with Caitlin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin
Last night my husband and I had an in depth discussion about the following picture:

Many opinions were discussed. None of which I will share. Neither of us care to publicly enter any debate.

It dawned on me as I could not sleep last night where the real issue is. Regardless of your opinion on gay rights (positive, negative, or indifferent), there is a larger issue at hand.

Today is Wednesday, March 27th. Tomorrow is Thursday. About 2000 years ago, on that Thursday Jesus sat down for his last meal with his closest friends. One turned on him that night (Matthew 26:14-16, 25). Another claimed he would die with Jesus, only to deny he even knew him in the next few hours (Matthew 26:31-35). That Thursday night and into Friday morning, Jesus was betrayed, arrested, denied, endured trials, and sentenced to death (Matthew 26:47-27:26). Friday he was mocked, tortured, and crucified (Matthew 27:27-44). Matthew 27:50 tells us that he “gave up His Spirit”. For every flawed person who would ever walk the earth. Especially you. You who grew up in church. You who have never been to church. You who sit in the pew every week. You who mock the very One who created you. You, the imperfect one.

This Friday is called Good Friday, because we remember what God did for us by sacrificing His Son upon that cross. But do you remember? Or are you still trying to figure out who’s right and wrong on that legal issue?

Well played, Satan. Well played. You dangled the bait (and we all took it) for believers and nonbelievers/ believers and believers/ nonbelievers and nonbelievers to turn on each other, draw lines, AND DISTRACT EVERYONE FROM THE GOSPEL. You made it as simple as posting a picture on a social media site to make everyone lose focus of what this week is really about.

PS-for the end of the story, see Matthew 28.

************Update (3/28)**************

WOW! I never in my life imagined I would write a blog post that would be viewed by over 80,000 people around the world in a 24 hour period! For the moment, I have turned off the ability to comment. The number of comments was quite overwhelming. I read every comment and approve each one (whether you agree with me or not) so long as it’s not profanity-laced. If you already left a comment, I promise I will read it and get caught up soon. I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog even if you disagree with me.

The marriage issue before the courts is EXTREMELY important to all of us. It might not have distracted you this week, but honestly, it distracted me. There are all kinds of issues (public and private) that happen that distract us from focusing on God. I hope no matter what is happening in your life this week (and every week) and no matter where you stand that it will not keep you from remembering how much God loves you! Happy Easter!

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so.” - Ronald Reagan

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." - Alexander Hamilton
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2013, 01:19 AM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Sounds like Caitlin needs to read her bible instead of allowing her preacher to read it for her and tell her whatever he wants and hide from her whatever he wants.

We did not just eat a "forbidden fruit," we ate the fruit of the "Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil" which gave us, obviously, the knowledge of good and evil, knowledge we weren't supposed to have, only God could have that knowledge. We were kicked out, according to genesis, before we could eat of the "Tree of Life" and gain the eternal life of God. If Adam and Eve had eaten from both trees, they would have become Gods.
It can then be surmised that the "sin" we are born with is the knowledge of the Gods, not any kind of evil within our hearts. Genesis is the only place in which God refers to himself in the plurality.

When Jesus comes he is not dying to take away our sin, but to make a path in which we could be subservient to an equal being which would allow us to be "serve" God in heaven.

However, if we were to go along with Caitlin's heavily edited version of what the Bible says, and Jesus did come to cleans us of "sin." Why can we eat bacon and shellfish, wear clothes of different fabrics, and work on the Sabbath, but for some reason we can't get married to same the same sex; the justifications for which are the same as not getting married at all, yet that is perfectly okay. Of course, the whole matter is entirely less important to Jesus than the fact that we shouldn't pray in public(Jesus never mentions Gay marriage), which most Christians do anyway.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-29-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:39 PM #3
jba_Baller
(z)Shroom-(z)Shroom!

jba_Baller is playing at Living Legends VI
jba_Baller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jba_Baller owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jba_Baller supports DLX Technology
never distract haha
Old 05-11-2013, 11:31 PM #4
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Sounds like Caitlin needs to read her bible instead of allowing her preacher to read it for her and tell her whatever he wants and hide from her whatever he wants.

We did not just eat a "forbidden fruit," we ate the fruit of the "Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil" which gave us, obviously, the knowledge of good and evil, knowledge we weren't supposed to have, only God could have that knowledge. We were kicked out, according to genesis, before we could eat of the "Tree of Life" and gain the eternal life of God. If Adam and Eve had eaten from both trees, they would have become Gods.
It can then be surmised that the "sin" we are born with is the knowledge of the Gods, not any kind of evil within our hearts. Genesis is the only place in which God refers to himself in the plurality.

When Jesus comes he is not dying to take away our sin, but to make a path in which we could be subservient to an equal being which would allow us to be "serve" God in heaven.

However, if we were to go along with Caitlin's heavily edited version of what the Bible says, and Jesus did come to cleans us of "sin." Why can we eat bacon and shellfish, wear clothes of different fabrics, and work on the Sabbath, but for some reason we can't get married to same the same sex; the justifications for which are the same as not getting married at all, yet that is perfectly okay. Of course, the whole matter is entirely less important to Jesus than the fact that we shouldn't pray in public(Jesus never mentions Gay marriage), which most Christians do anyway.
A few things:

1) "forbidden fruit" had been synonymous with "the fruit of the Tree of good and evil" since forever. You know what he meant. Don't play semantics.

2) "Genesis is the only place in which God refers to himself in the plurality."
This is not true. For instance, "Elohim," one of the primary titles of God throughout the Old Testament (occurring over 2500 times), is plural.

3) The fact that Jesus didn't say anything about gay marriage to a society that uniformly rejected homosexuality is more of a sign of his condemnation than his acceptance of it. If Jesus thought gay marriage was okay, why wouldn't he have rebuked that religious leaders for teaching falsely?