Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM #1
Justballin24

Question Best all round paintball pants???

So I'm looking to buy a pair of paintball pants and NO I AM NOT JUST A SPEED BALL PLAYER. I play all types but I do like the speed ball style pants I already own plent of military issued camo pants if I ever need them but anyway....
Here is the main concern...
1. I have a small budget(100 max probably)

2.knee padding !!!!!

3. Durability... These are going to be every weekend grind pants... Through all walks of paintball...they need to last

4. Comfortability/ ventilation... Should be pretty comfy in all wether but if there are zipper vents I don't want the zippers to stick out and break every ball that flies its way( this is not the biggest concern although so I can sacrifice it if the other criteria is met)

I have two I've been looking at and can't seem to pick one over the other.. Here are the links....
http://www.e-paintball.com/lysk-411-...all-pants.html

http://www.bosspaintballproducts.com/PANTS%20SALE.htm
( the ones at the bottom of the page)

If you could look at these first and tell me what you think that would be great, anything else u know that's better after that please let me know... Thank you

Last edited by Justballin24 : 05-06-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Justballin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 PM #2
Kyle @ Ph Pirates
shop.phpirates.com

Kyle @ Ph Pirates is playing at Living Legends VI
Kyle @ Ph Pirates owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kyle @ Ph Pirates owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dye 2011. $84 on and gear. I've gotten so manny bounces with them. They have great knee support, and Velcro pockets so you don't loose your phone or money.
Also, they have a mesh lining to keep you cool.

I got a pair of empire pants then returned them because they where so heavy.
Kyle@phpirates.com
Kyle @ Ph Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:59 PM #3
Justballin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle @ Ph Pirates View Post
$84 on and gear.
What does this mean? Where did u get em? And by support do you mean it's thick and will last? Last but not least do you know anything about the laysicks?... Or does anyone????
Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 PM #4
metallicafan155

metallicafan155 supports Team VICIOUS
metallicafan155 supports Team VICIOUS
I think he means ansgear.com

DLX LUXE
metallicafan155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:33 PM #5
Justballin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicafan155 View Post
I think he means ansgear.com
Check. Thanks, still does anyone have any knowledge on the laysick pants compared to anything else? I hear their top of the line... I would be getting the 411 lites as it shows in the link above^^^
Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM #6
Trilogy252

Trilogy252 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Trilogy252 supports Pev's Paintball
Trilogy252 plays in the APPA D5 division
I have owned a pair of the empire LTD pants for 2 years. They have held up great and have excellent knee padding, actually padding everywhere, but the are extremely hot to play in in the summer. I play in South Carolina and I play with different pants in the summer but they are great every other time of the year.

Christ comes first! Then paintball!
Trilogy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:13 PM #7
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
I just got some of the Empire BT Professional terrapat pants. Things are sick. Slightly lighter than Contact pants, but still plenty of padding. Extra pockets, lots of ventilation, and the camo looks legit for woods play (Plus they still have the microfiber sewn into the pocket like all other high end empire pants).

The problem you're gonna run into is budget. Most of the time you're not gonna get super quality pants for under $100 retail.

Empire makes some freedom pants that are light weight (have knee pads, but they aren't a direct replacement for regular knee pads if you go hard) and seem to be fairly durable for like ~$60. One of my homeboys actually bought them and so far they look new still. (He plays snake at the D1 level, so his pants get beatup).

If you're looking for absolutely durability everyone I've talked to will say the Empire LTD's or Contact pants. Just know that LTD's tend to be heavier and hotter. The Contact Zero pants have hardly any padding though and are super light, regular contact's are a mixture.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 PM #8
Justballin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy View Post
. The Contact Zero pants have hardly any padding though and are super light, regular contact's are a mixture.
Good info guys thanks... Sounds good... Still no infor on laysick pants??? and what do you all think about these empire pants that are too heavy yet padded versus say a pair of dye c11 pants????
Old 05-08-2013, 02:02 AM #9
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
empire LTD has the most padding but are on the warmer side
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:07 AM #10
Bgloriani

Bgloriani owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bgloriani plays in the APPA beginner division
I have Empire Contact pants and absolutely love them. They are (in my opinion) the perfect mixture of being lightweight, rugged, padded, breathable, etc. I'm not sure I would want to play in anything but them.
Bgloriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:18 PM #11
Justballin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
empire LTD has the most padding but are on the warmer side
So how bad do they get? Like if you look at the last pair on this page...http://www.bosspaintballproducts.com/PANTS%20SALE.htm the ZE LTD thats what I would get...can I comfortably play through a summer near the Mexico border or should I sacrifice durability for breathability and get a pair of dye pants?

Last edited by Justballin24 : 05-08-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:17 PM #12
Trilogy252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justballin24 View Post

So how bad do they get? Like if you look at the last pair on this page...http://www.bosspaintballproducts.com/PANTS%20SALE.htm the ZE LTD thats what I would get...can I comfortably play through a summer near the Mexico border or should I sacrifice durability for breathability and get a pair of dye pants?
I live in Charleston, SC so our summer here is 100% humidity and 98-102ish. I play in my LTD pants but I do sweat a lot in them.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 PM #13
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Exalt

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:14 AM #14
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
I have some 08 JT pro pants that, other than for some minor staining, could easily pass as brand new. Rugged and nicely padded. Would recommend if you can find them, bet you can get them for really cheap now. The new JT FX line is probably similarly durable.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:15 AM #15
Trilogy252

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
I have some 08 JT pro pants that, other than for some minor staining, could easily pass as brand new. Rugged and nicely padded. Would recommend if you can find them, bet you can get them for really cheap now. The new JT FX line is probably similarly durable.
I have heard really good things about JT pants but have never tried them myself.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:32 AM #16
TwistedNerv
Fox Squad Paintball

TwistedNerv is playing at Living Legends VII
TwistedNerv owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TwistedNerv owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TwistedNerv is for the Gunfight
TwistedNerv is for the Gunfight
i would look for some used Valken (Crusade or Redemption) or Empire pants they hold up pretty well.i wouldnt rely on the built in knee pads in any paintball pants. Just buy a pair of knee pads, planet eclipse, empire, dye. $40-$50 knee pads is way cheaper then the cost of having surgery because you slid wrong into a bunker or into a rock.

and i have owned of pair of lysk M411A1 and they were great pants, i love the vents on the legs. wish they were a bit more durable. unfortunely they were stolen.

Last edited by TwistedNerv : 05-09-2013 at 11:43 AM.
TwistedNerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:28 PM #17
tinopaintball

Annual Supporting Member
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports Team VICIOUS
tinopaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justballin24 View Post
I dont think it is a sacrifice of durability, I have a pair of c10s (maybe c11s, I forgot which), They are still in perfect condition, even after all of my good and respectively not so good slides, dives, crawls.

They are not too padded though, basically just knees pads, and a very tiny amount of pads in the hip/ groin area. And the whole back of the legs (up to slightly above the knees) are mesh, very breathable and light. I would recommend them for sure. Even with the hardest playing you should be able to get many years out of them, and $84 is a great price.

(I should put that I hate padding though, IDK why, it just gets in my way, My next pants will probably be a pair of the UL pants.)
Vicious CSL #3 --- Candy red ninja 68/45 --- SEED Rotor
Etha --------------------Ninja 68/45----------- Rotor
tinopaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:57 PM #18
Bgloriani

Bgloriani owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bgloriani plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedNerv View Post
i wouldnt rely on the built in knee pads in any paintball pants. Just buy a pair of knee pads, planet eclipse, empire, dye. $40-$50 knee pads is way cheaper then the cost of having surgery because you slid wrong into a bunker or into a rock.
I agree, but a great way to save money on this is to buy some cheap volleyball knee pads from Walmart. They'll do the same thing, while being half the price, and arguably more comfortable.
Bgloriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:35 PM #19
Justballin24

I have military issued knee pads for real life ops but they just get in my way when I play :/ I want some pants that are very padded in the knees and hips but breath everywhere else...
Old 05-10-2013, 12:52 AM #20
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Paint_hore is a founding member
DYE makes the overall best pants. Ive tried em all and they are light, breathe well, take bounces and most importantly take a beating. Its like the best of all worlds. JTs are great but will fall apart on you.

Wear knee pads no matter what pants you get, be smart!

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote