PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 PM #1
Biohaz4rd
@DanDriggs

Biohaz4rd plays in the PSP
Counter Coaching PSP MAO 2013

Was waiting for a fight to break out, but it never happened. Still hilarious.

Aaaaaaand discuss.

Last edited by Biohaz4rd : 05-07-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Biohaz4rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2013, 08:25 PM #2
bostoneric

bostoneric supports DLX Technology
would be nice to get rid of coaching all together... its so annoying when you are just trying to watch games.

WTB: NXe Elevation 4 + 3 Alex Fraige blue Pod Pack (my fav pack)
bostoneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 PM #3
treeflip7
p-to-da-ushaaa

treeflip7 is an NCPA player
Counter coaching is great and is allowed in any sport ever invented besides like ****ing polo or some ****. Get over it. I couldn't believe how hyped Vicious got at the counter coaching at the NCPAs in 2012. Name a sport where crowd participation isn't negative at some times, and positive at other times.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:42 PM #4
russianempire

If theres coaching then Counter Coaching should be allowed. But I think they should take out coaching all together when the buzzer buzzs. We all saw how badass RL was then they took out some coaching and BOOM THEY SUCK! You couldve never of played paintball and have someone say shoot left and there you go 3 kills. I'm not saying coaching makes you good at running and gunning or anything but if someone tells me to shoot left and I do then it wasnt my skill WHATSOEVER because all i did was sit there with my thumb up my *** and wait for someone to enter the commands.
russianempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:42 PM #5
DeltaDark
what is up

i thought counter coaching was telling a player the wrong thing, wouldnt this be regular coaching?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 PM #6
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Counter coaching is honestly hilarious to watch. At EPL we had a guy telling a rival team member he was hit on his hopper. The kid literally spent a minute looking for the hit before he was bunkered. Needless to say they lost the match. Never drop your gun and always make sure whoever is coaching you has a distinct voice to drown out all the BS spectators.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 PM #7
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is Boss
Pakistani supports Empire
counter coaching is week as ****. if a random guy in the crowd does it, thats one thing. but if thats part of your team's strategy, there should be some penalties involved and i'd consider it cheating.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 PM #8
eyeownyu
ryan

eyeownyu plays in the APPA D3 division
why i practice with no coaching and ignore the sideline at events...

"It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that defines who you are." ~ teh_masterer
Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Tyler Durden
San Diego Pirates
VSB.
eyeownyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:11 PM #9
russianempire

It's called using everything to your advantage Pakistani. If your gay enough to coach then I'm gay enough to counter coach. If you don't like it don't play paintball.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:35 PM #10
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is Boss
Pakistani supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianempire View Post
It's called using everything to your advantage Pakistani. If your gay enough to coach then I'm gay enough to counter coach. If you don't like it don't play paintball.
or just play with some class?
Old 05-07-2013, 09:42 PM #11
ryanxarnold

ryanxarnold plays in the PSP
ryanxarnold plays in the APPA D4 division
that giggle at 1:11... and "kick his *** seabass!" soooooo funny.

Upton Brawlers

Last edited by ryanxarnold : 05-07-2013 at 09:44 PM.
ryanxarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 PM #12
treeflip7
p-to-da-ushaaa

treeflip7 is an NCPA player
Quote:
If theres coaching then Counter Coaching should be allowed. But I think they should take out coaching all together when the buzzer buzzs. We all saw how badass RL was then they took out some coaching and BOOM THEY SUCK! You couldve never of played paintball and have someone say shoot left and there you go 3 kills. I'm not saying coaching makes you good at running and gunning or anything but if someone tells me to shoot left and I do then it wasnt my skill WHATSOEVER because all i did was sit there with my thumb up my *** and wait for someone to enter the commands.
You're an idiot....as are most of the other comments in this thread. If you think coaching diminishes the integrity of the game you clearly have no idea what is going on in paintball, or what separates good and bad paintball teams. It has nothing to do with coaching. It's just like any sport, it's a variable in the game, but by no means does it minimize the skill involved. I guarantee you if you gave a good D2 team no coach and D3 team a coach the D2 team would still win every match.

The growing problem I see with paintball is a bunch of non-competitive, whiny non-athletes play and then ***** about things like counter coaching. It's a sport, you have sidelines, you have fans, you have crowd participation. It's going to happen. Learn to deal with it....it's called separating the good players from the bad.

This is how professional sports are done:

Last edited by treeflip7 : 05-07-2013 at 09:53 PM.
treeflip7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:10 PM #13
russianempire

hahahahaha. Did I say coaching makes you a better or worse player? No. Did I say it increases or diminishes the integrity? No. Coaching makes the sport both easier and harder depending on situation. Why is coaching good for the players? Wouldn't you like to see what those players can do solely working together instead of someone yelling commands because they have a better field of view? Why do you think NFL turns off the Qb's headset when the game starts? Because it would be unfair/easier to say you have a guy open down left field throw the ball, just like a coach saying shoot back center or wrap in.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:26 PM #14
RyanR
accuracy by volume

has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
still wears his livestrong bracelet.

IOG
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 PM #15
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
Nomahsib supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeflip7 View Post
Counter coaching is great and is allowed in any sport ever invented besides like ****ing polo or some ****. Get over it. I couldn't believe how hyped Vicious got at the counter coaching at the NCPAs in 2012. Name a sport where crowd participation isn't negative at some times, and positive at other times.
That was probably the loudest counter coaching I have ever heard. I can't imagine how any of the players were verbally communicating. It was pretty entertaining as a spectator though

Nomahsib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:44 PM #16
bkr2g2k3
STATIC

has been a member for 10 years
bkr2g2k3 plays in the PSP
bkr2g2k3 is an NCPA player
bkr2g2k3 plays in the APPA D2 division
counter coaching is what people do when they're scared their team is going to lose. if your team is good enough, you wouldn't need to try to win from the sidelines. i.e. if you or someone coaching your team is counter coaching, everyone knows you suck at paintball. people who are actually good at paintball don't need to do that crap.

Central Florida Paintball

UF

Last edited by bkr2g2k3 : 05-07-2013 at 10:50 PM.
bkr2g2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:50 PM #17
billythekid1907

Counter coaching is pathetic no matter how you want to look at it! No it's not against the rules but its for people that can't win through skill. These guys are the true definitions of scum. Every kid on the team they were counter coaching spent a lot of money just like everybody else there. All for these guys to come and try to sabotage everything they have been working and practicing hard for. Just so everybody knows I was the guy in the video yelling at them. Yeah I'm the guy that "shoots a Tippman 98" so the FAT **** on the chair said... Even though my team and I just took 1st place at MAO this weekend in D3X! I'm glad this video was takin so people can see how these little boys have to try to win.

billythekid1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:57 PM #18
Dyepaintball088
Tyler Collins

Dyepaintball088 plays in the PSP
Dyepaintball088 plays in the APPA D1 division
Yea so basically as long as your willing to face consequences whatever they may be please be my guest.

That's how I always looked at it when I was at lower division games which seemingly is event after event is where this happens, every day of every event.
Dyepaintball088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:03 PM #19
billythekid1907

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkr2g2k3 View Post
counter coaching is what people do when they're scared their team is going to lose. if your team is good enough, you wouldn't need to try to win from the sidelines. i.e. if you or someone coaching your team is counter coaching, everyone knows you suck at paintball. people who are actually good at paintball don't need to do that crap.
Truth!!!

billythekid1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:07 PM #20
like2bebarrelplugged
i like my barrel plugged

if coaching is allowed then other people should be allowed to disrupt that don't be such pussies
like2bebarrelplugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:10 PM #21
russianempire

exactly, you've gotta be a ****in retard to not utilize all aspects of the game.