Old 04-17-2013, 11:50 AM #64
pballerfolife21
Livin Luxeurious

pballerfolife21 posts videos on PbNation
pballerfolife21 is Legendary
pballerfolife21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer89 View Post
All of this is really interesting feedback. I was originally coming at it from a marketing perspective, but obviously there are a lot more issues than that.

As someone from Colorado, it's too bad that the PSP and NPPL have a conflicting date for August as it'll be the first national event in Denver in 8 something years? NPPL Denver turnout is going to be weak
If it happens at all Tampa could be the last straw. Denver might not even happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped tampa and Denver and just did Vegas
Mile High Saints #21
pballerfolife21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2013, 11:19 PM #65
youngster

youngster is a founding member
youngster owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
youngster is an NCPA player
youngster has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3966993

Route Clearance
youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:56 PM #66
blackychan

blackychan owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blackychan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blackychan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
1. They need to merge.

2. They need to turn NPPL in to the West conferance and PSP into the East.

3. Bring More D1 teams in to create a good ratio between the number of already establish pro teams on the west coast vs. the pro teams toward the East.

4. Make better Venues.
Examples-West: HB, Hawaii, Denver, Vegas, pheonix, Chicago
Examples-East: atlantic city, key west, puerto rico, New Orleans, Chicago
5. unified format

6. Make World cup an actual work cup. Invite only. top ten of pros and d1
top ten+ for the lower division depending on the total number of teams in the season.

7. Outside sponsors. example- airlines, rockstar, dominos, auto dealerships, ect. ect.

I think that all this would not only save the nppl, but dramatically grow the sport.
"We arenít out to take it in the *** from the first person who wants to give us a shinny new nickel. We arenít out to make the self appointed dick head team politicians famous. We are a team of players for the players. Our goal is to redefine the old ideas of how paintball should be played, even if it is just among a few." uprising nation
uprising support
PDX VEXX!!!!1st place 2012 NPPL World Champ D4 Race-to
PDX VEXX 2nd place WCPPL D4

Last edited by blackychan : 05-01-2013 at 02:42 PM.
blackychan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:29 PM #67
BUCK BUCK #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackychan View Post
1. They need to merge. Won't happen. The NPPL doesn't have anything the PSP wants.
2. They need to turn NPPL in to the West conferance and PSP into the East. See answer #1
3. Bring More D1 teams in to create a good ratio between the number of already establish pro teams on the west coast vs. the pro teams toward the East. D1 =/= pro
4. Make better Venues.
Examples-West: HB, Hawaii, Denver, Vegas, pheonix, Chicago
Examples-East: atlantic city, key west, puerto rico, New Orleans, Chicago
Venues aren't the answer, a unified format is.
5. Make World cup an actual work cup. Invite only. top ten of pros and d1
top ten+ for the lower division depending on the total number of teams in the season. I agree with this, the PSP Champs/Chumps is a step in this direction IMO.

6: Outside sponsors. example- airlines, rockstar, dominos, auto dealerships, ect. ect. Easier said than done, but I agree.
Answers in red.
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:03 PM #68
blackychan

blackychan owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blackychan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
blackychan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
better venues along with unified format.

and with the merge. It doesnt have to do with what the psp would want from the nppl more so to do with their ability to expanded and grow the sport.

merge + better venues = 1 offical nation wide league, more events, more attractive events, more teams, more money, more positive "this is a sport not a hobby" publicity, More public exposure.

Yea number 6 will come in due time

Also i think that they should figure out the best venues and stick to them every year.
"We arenít out to take it in the *** from the first person who wants to give us a shinny new nickel. We arenít out to make the self appointed dick head team politicians famous. We are a team of players for the players. Our goal is to redefine the old ideas of how paintball should be played, even if it is just among a few." uprising nation
uprising support
PDX VEXX!!!!1st place 2012 NPPL World Champ D4 Race-to
PDX VEXX 2nd place WCPPL D4
blackychan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:12 PM #69
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkie070988 View Post
nppl should bring back pump
this.
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:24 PM #70
El Chance Libre

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackychan View Post
better venues along with unified format.

and with the merge. It doesnt have to do with what the psp would want from the nppl more so to do with their ability to expanded and grow the sport.

merge + better venues = 1 offical nation wide league, more events, more attractive events, more teams, more money, more positive "this is a sport not a hobby" publicity, More public exposure.

Yea number 6 will come in due time

Also i think that they should figure out the best venues and stick to them every year.
One unified league isn't helping the nppl grow. If anything it would help the psp grow because its easily the bigger, more profitable league. Also, a unification of the rules doesn't make sense because then you basically just have two identical leagues which is boring. The only way nppl or any other league that challenges the psp could survive is to have something radically different thy sets it apart from the rest. Look at any sport and there is one "official" league that rules all others and a unification of rules is what that large league wants because it just helps them solidify their stronghold. Basketball is the nba, football is nfl, mma is UFC and no one else can compete with those even with a radical new idea, they fail or get purchased by the biggest league. slamball was radical and died, the xfl was radical and died, the usfl or whatever that league was in football died. Paintball is no different face it the nppl will never be as big as psp and the only way for them to survive is realize they can't honestly compete and become a smaller, regional type league in order to reduce the cost of trying to put on huge events and losing money because not enough teams pay to play
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 AM #71
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad71 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'd hate to see the sport lose another league, but consider this...
Look at the world's major professional sports... NFL, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, even the AMA motocross world.... what do they all have in common?? SUCCESS UNDER ONE SANCTIONING BODY.
I remember back in the fledgling days of professional motocross when Indoor Supercross was the new baby. 2 sanctioning bodies fought for dominance with tragic (and deadly) results... today, the AMA controls both Supercross and Motocross, and enjoys its entire season aired live on Speed channel.... (see where Im going with this??), and sells out Anahiem Stadium 3 times a year!!
Paintball as a sport reminds me so much of watching that very scenario unfold. As a sport, paintball is right where the motocross world was 20 years ago. We could learn a lot from looking at other sports that were born of the same extreme.
Anyone that deosnt agree, feel free to spend some time Googling the history books of that sport, the comparisons are eerily similiar.

With that being said... there are SO MANY Pros/Cons to the differences between the two leagues that we could sit here til Cup debating them all...
but I havent heard one person suggest the possibility of one league being relegated to a "Farm League", to allow Divisional teams to hone their sklills without the cost associated with a World Cup or HB event...

In my humble opinion, key factors to the sports success;

Spectators...
Events, and more importantly, ALL FIELDS need to be spectator friendly. Spectators are what its all about. You cant grow a sport without spectators, its that simple. Grandstands for all fields. Granted, the Pro field should have more than the D4 field, but you see where Im going with this. (If my buddy's D4 team is playing an event, Im gonna watch him before I make my way to the Pro field.)
I want the same chance to sit and watch him play as I can the Pro teams. Also, to tell spectators NOT TO CHEER??? Absolutely ludacris, and anyone trying to grow a sport with THAT mentality needs to be removed from his/ her position within the league. Plain and simple. Thats like announcing to the fans at the Super Bowl not to make noise because the opposing team cant hear their QB... this isn't Tennis or Golf, folks!
You want to charge a spectator to watch, fine. Sell tickets, but make them affordable, and let them cheer their favorite teams on. Even if you charge them $2 a person, if HB really brought in 50,000 spectators, thats $100,000 you made extra... Hell, make it $5... people will still come. A 10-year old can come up with $5 if it means getting to see his favorite player win a 2-on-1 in person, then get his autograph later on.

Last edited by Bad71 : 05-08-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Bad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 AM #72
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
with all this crap you guys are saying, maybe if they follow the APPA format then things could change