Community Focus

Old 04-20-2013, 04:39 PM #1
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bob Long Defiant 1/Bushmaster

Let start by saying I know my gun is a Bob Long Defiant but it seems like people in the Defiant forum say that people in the Bushmaster forum provide better responses. So I pulled my old Bob Long Defiant (1) out of the closet to put it back into playing. Aired it up and I have an internal leak. I took the frame apart to make sure it wasn't the solenoid. From what I can tell it is inside the "rammer" chamber. I pulled the "rammer" or whatever it is called in the Defiants. Checked and relubed all orings. Leak still persists. If you pull the bolt backwards the leak changes to a lighter but still pretty hard leak. Any idea what's wrong. I am an Ego/Etek so I am totally lost.

*UPDATE*

I opened up the front chamber (LPR?), relubed everything, tomorrow will check for persisting leaks. Keep any advice coming.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2013, 08:43 PM #2
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the stacked tubed poppit(which the B2K and Defiant are and are the first ones BTW), are all the same no matter what. so the same rules apply on leaks.

1) air up the gun without the tray or the frame on the gun.
2) zero out the regs.
2.1) if you zero out the regs and it still leaks, then its the cup seal. you can flip the seal, or get a new one.
3) increase HPR to about 200psi
3.1) make sure the bolt is in the hammer correctly.
3.2) push hammer forward, against the poppit and see if you can manipulate the valve stem to see if that is where the leak is comming from.
4) turn up the LPR till the bolt moves back, then give a another quarter turn and the LPR pressure is set where it should be.
5) the pressures for the gun are set, and see where the leak is.
5.1) if the leak is down the barrel, its the valve seal.
5.2) if the leak is in the back of the gun, its the ram. take it out, unscrew the back cap to pull out the spring(will need to heat and unscrew the hammer, to break the loctite). check orings and relube-super lube or a good oil(PE oil will be fine).
5.3) if the leak is the bottom tube, but front of the gun. its the LPR area. check the LPR passage(there is a set screw or dab of JB weld0see if that is the leak), check orings on LPR.

if you need a cup seal, or any orings. PM me. i do have them.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:47 PM #3
maloneoni
The Ronin

The defiant is a B2k that Bob Long changed some things on. It really isn't a Bob Long gun at all; think of it like Eclipse's early work.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:18 PM #4
63VDub

has been a member for 10 years
Best net is that the piston oring is done. To change it, you have to remove the hammer from the shaft (red loctite, so you will meed to apply heat) and push the piston out the back.

I am at the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Wiring problems? I know the man who can hook you up with a brand new FURIOUS harness!!CLICK HERE!

http://www.icd-owners.com/ It's where you need to be.
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM #5
msweeneygt
Sinister Ops

msweeneygt owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
msweeneygt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
msweeneygt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have got the entire gun tore down. Front "LPR" ish o-ring. The very front o-ring is shredded.
Planet Eclipse Etek w/. Star frame, 08 Ego expansion board, Etek 2 regulator, Ego10 OOPS ASA, SLS Cure 3+ bolt w/. inserts, Zick kit, Kila detents, Violent thumbwheel, PE red laser eyes, Shaft 4 barrel kit w/. all backs and fronts, both Bump pistons.
V3 Dye Rotor w/. Virtue board
114/4500 Carleton w/. Myth reg

Ego/Etek Parts FS/T
msweeneygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 AM #6
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
which one, the oring that goes around the LPR housing, sealing it to the body?
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:37 PM #7
thebob71

Anyone know where i get the "Ram" or "Rammer"? Mine broke in half after a few shots. No leaks and shoots perfect.

Last edited by thebob71 : 05-05-2013 at 05:45 PM.
thebob71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:56 PM #8
maloneoni
The Ronin

You are looking for a B2k/defiant 1 rammer?

www.icd-owners.com
Old 05-05-2013, 07:17 PM #9
63VDub

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebob71 View Post
Anyone know where i get the "Ram" or "Rammer"? Mine broke in half after a few shots. No leaks and shoots perfect.
Wait, wut???
Pics, brother. Also, you can pick them up at ICD-O pretty regular.

I am at the pinnacle of mediocrity.

Wiring problems? I know the man who can hook you up with a brand new FURIOUS harness!!CLICK HERE!

http://www.icd-owners.com/ It's where you need to be.
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:11 AM #10
maloneoni
The Ronin

In fact, if you put up a WTB over there, one, just might find you.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:13 PM #11
thebob71

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloneoni View Post
In fact, if you put up a WTB over there, one, just might find you.
Thanks i will check it out, I tried to post a pic but was unable to.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:37 PM #12
maloneoni
The Ronin

I approved you as a member about five minutes ago. If you upload a picture to the site, 63vdub or I have to approve that too.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:51 AM #13
thebob71

I got creative and used a little bit of super glue and epoxy, let it sit for a day or 2 and put some more epoxy where the connection is met. I'll let that sit for another day or so and then file it down to a flat surface. Lets see how it holds up.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:16 AM #14
thebob71

Quote:
I approved you as a member about five minutes ago. If you upload a picture to the site, 63vdub or I have to approve that too.
I uploaded the photos to the site take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks again for the response
Old 06-01-2013, 04:09 PM #15
krupasjeans
happy day

Not to discount your efforts, but if it is the ram that is really broken, I don't think epoxy and superglue could fix it properly.

I really think you'd prob be better off getting a whole new ram for your marker. Stock rams for Bushmasters are really cheap. You probably won't pay more than $10 for one.

Edit: Here's one. http://www.icd-owners.com/html/index...wtopic&t=18882 $15 though, my bad.

Last edited by krupasjeans : 06-01-2013 at 04:13 PM.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:53 PM #16
maloneoni
The Ronin

Old 06-01-2013, 05:54 PM #17
maloneoni
The Ronin

I'd say that is done; get a new one.

You can probably find a polished and ported one if you don't mind paying a little more.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:16 PM #18
thebob71

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupasjeans View Post
Not to discount your efforts, but if it is the ram that is really broken, I don't think epoxy and superglue could fix it properly.

I really think you'd prob be better off getting a whole new ram for your marker. Stock rams for Bushmasters are really cheap. You probably won't pay more than $10 for one.

Edit: Here's one. http://www.icd-owners.com/html/index...wtopic&t=18882 $15 though, my bad.
Thanks i sented a PM for the part, I have been searching but been coming up short. The glue part was just me being bored one night and trying something new.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:21 PM #19
thebob71

Quote:
I'd say that is done; get a new one.

You can probably find a polished and ported one if you don't mind paying a little more.
I will keep looking, i dont mind at all... I had some good games with this marker. Its like a broken in pair of slippers that one dont want to let go.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:40 PM #20
maloneoni
The Ronin

Put up a WTB thread in the BST over there. Many guys who have spare rams don't peruse PBN very often.

Come to think of it, if you want to spend a bit of money on it, gregicd has a couple of GBRs that he is looking to sell. The GBR is gregicd's anti-chop ram, The defiant needs a longer pin, so it would depend on him having a defiant pin made up and you wanting to spend 75-100 dollars on it.

Last edited by maloneoni : 06-01-2013 at 11:43 PM.
maloneoni is offline   Reply With Quote