Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 PM #1
MrDontRage

Dm6 vs Axe

I was just wondering which one is better.I personally think the Dm6 but what do you guys think.
MrDontRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2013, 06:34 PM #2
TheMVpaintballer247

If the dm6 was new today (dm13) than yeah it would win because it costs more than twice as much. But it's not, it 8 years old. So the axe wins. They are both great shooting markers, but the dm6 is outdated.
TheMVpaintballer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 PM #3
iquadra
BucK NastY

I would shoot a dm6 over an axe any day, smoother shot. All personal preference though. The drive train the dm6 is essentially the exact same thing in a dm13 with minor changes.

Also the cost of the gun really doesn't matter. You can pick up a dm6 on nation for dirt cheap $150-200, comparing the prices new is irrelevant since you probably won't find a brand new dm6.

Proudly Sponsored By: Exalt
iquadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:36 AM #4
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMVpaintballer247 View Post
If the dm6 was new today (dm13) than yeah it would win because it costs more than twice as much. But it's not, it 8 years old. So the axe wins. They are both great shooting markers, but the dm6 is outdated.
false. a dm6 is just as capable of play today. sure i would take my g6r's over it, but an axe is a mid end marker and at the end of the day always will be.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 PM #5
02firehawk555

02firehawk555 plays in the PSP
02firehawk555 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
02firehawk555 plays in the APPA D4 division
An Axe with a Boss bolt shoots almost as smooth as a DM, it's better on Air and with the bolt it's quieter. I never shot a DM 6 so I'm not sure what it's like but if my DM 13 breaks I don't have any issues with shooting my Axe.

Main Marker: Ego LV1-Dye Rotor-Ninja SL 68/4500 with Ninja V2 SLP Pro reg

Back up: 2k12 Flame G6R-Virtue Spire-Ninja 45/4500 with Ninja SLP Pro reg
02firehawk555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 PM #6
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

You're asking this in a dye forum... what kind of answers do you think you'll get? As much as I like the DM line, I think the axe is a better value. What makes it a mid-range marker anyway? Price? The axe is super smooth, quiet, efficient, macroless, toolless bolt removal, lifetime warranty and reliable. I really think PM8s/ DM9s are the best value in the matrix line.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM #7
Grand7552

I love my axe because its always been a functional no matter when i used it.
Grand7552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:04 AM #8
asylum11
Dm6 Part's Whore

Annual Supporting Member
asylum11 supports Cereal Killerz 2
asylum11 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMVpaintballer247 View Post
This = dumbest thing I've ever read. The dm6 will run all over the axe all day every day...this shouldn't even be a comparison. The axe will literally fall to pieces while the dm6 will keep on trucking. KEE knows NOTHING about quality.

Paintball, my antidrug. Because when you're addicted to paintball there's no way you can afford drugs

PBN Feedback #1 +65/-0

"Originally posted by TheColiseum71: The Etek is a much better gun that the Protege. It has a better asa, it comes in a better case, and it has three LED lights, as opposed to one."
"Sometimes, i will get a bag of cheeseburgers and sit down in here and just whack off all day long, even eat them at the same time!!...Hey!...don't you judge me"--Rob Riggle "Blackballed the Movie"
asylum11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:59 PM #9
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
I'd say each gun has it's advantages. The DM6 is a solid gun and will perform better in most situations. Though it's probably not as efficient.

However......you get into some cold weather and I think the axe will perform better since it was designed with today's smaller and brittle paint in mind. Both guns can be set up to shoot cold brittle paint of course but the axe has less roll back in the breech and the soft tip bolt which gives it a slight advantage.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:40 PM #10
paintballer23477

Do i have to take the gun all apart to in stall the cfp in my dm6?
paintballer23477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 PM #11
EKKsoldier622
561-772

EKKsoldier622 plays in the PSP
EKKsoldier622 is an NCPA player
I'd just spend about $300 on the BST forums and get a dm8, throw an updated eye pipe in it, dwell to 21, lpr 2.5-3.5 and call it a day. Why spend as much for an axe or get an older gun like a dm6.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:38 AM #12
eyeownyu
ryan

eyeownyu plays in the APPA D4 division
my dm6 is my favorite gun i have owned, and ive owned 50 + markers.

id take a dm6 over an axe anyday. nothing against the axe, its just my dm6 is so smooth.

"It's the decisions you make when you have no time to make them that defines who you are." ~ teh_masterer
Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Tyler Durden
San Diego Pirates
VSB.
eyeownyu is offline   Reply With Quote