PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 PM #1
Wgppumpman22

Empire Sniper or Spyder Hammer 7?

Hey guys:

I love playing pump and I'm looking to upgrade from my WGP trilogy pump to something else. I have it narrowed down to the Hammer 7 and the Sniper pump. Would the Hammer really be an upgrade? Thoughts on both guns? Is the Sniper worth the extra $300?

Thanks!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...&highlight=ecx
Wgppumpman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 PM #2
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgppumpman22 View Post
Hey guys:

I love playing pump and I'm looking to upgrade from my WGP trilogy pump to something else. I have it narrowed down to the Hammer 7 and the Sniper pump. Would the Hammer really be an upgrade? Thoughts on both guns? Is the Sniper worth the extra $300?

Thanks!
The Hammer would be a huge downgrade unless you REALLY want magfed and first strike capabilities too. The Empire Sniper is nice and good to go out of the box but IMO an even better option would be to pick up a used pump with a CCM pump kit and CCM internals from the BST.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:43 AM #3
gamefreak054
CCM T2 OWNER

gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends V
gamefreak054 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamefreak054 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
gamefreak054 posts videos on PbNation
gamefreak054 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
gamefreak054 is attending Decay of Nations VI
gamefreak054 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
The Hammer would be a huge downgrade unless you REALLY want magfed and first strike capabilities too. The Empire Sniper is nice and good to go out of the box but IMO an even better option would be to pick up a used pump with a CCM pump kit and CCM internals from the BST.
The hammer 7 is not an huge downgrade from a trilogy. They are basically on par imo. The only advantage with a trilogy is that you get the ability to upgrade a couple of useful parts. To me the trilogy, hammer 7, trracer are all on par with each other.

But between the two if your not a magfed nut the empire is a much better marker, but it also costs much more. Only get a hammer 7 for magfed and first strike capability. Though to some people including me $130 for a magfed pump is friggin awesome.

The next logical upgrade cheap wise is a nice sniper or azodin kp (excluding stock class options), then it would be a Empire sniper or ccm depending on how much money you are willing to spend. So if you bought the sniper you are pretty close to having the better end of pumps. Instead of the low/cheap end of pumps where you are at now (no offense). There is nothing wrong with the trilly but compared to other things it is seriously lacking quality, granted its incredibly hard to beat the price of a trilly. I actually still have mine lol.

Last edited by gamefreak054 : 05-04-2013 at 05:47 AM.
gamefreak054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 AM #4
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post
The hammer 7 is not an huge downgrade from a trilogy. They are basically on par imo. The only advantage with a trilogy is that you get the ability to upgrade a couple of useful parts. To me the trilogy, hammer 7, trracer are all on par with each other.

But between the two if your not a magfed nut the empire is a much better marker, but it also costs much more. Only get a hammer 7 for magfed and first strike capability. Though to some people including me $130 for a magfed pump is friggin awesome.

The next logical upgrade cheap wise is a nice sniper or azodin kp (excluding stock class options), then it would be a Empire sniper or ccm depending on how much money you are willing to spend. So if you bought the sniper you are pretty close to having the better end of pumps. Instead of the low/cheap end of pumps where you are at now (no offense). There is nothing wrong with the trilly but compared to other things it is seriously lacking quality, granted its incredibly hard to beat the price of a trilly. I actually still have mine lol.
IMO for open class pump Sheirdan > Nelson every time. Now, if your're going to play stock class the Trracer, Phantom, etc. are the way to go, but I held a Hammer 7 and it just felt so much cheaper than a Trilogy and the pump stroke was not good at all.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:39 PM #5
Lungorthin
War Cult Supremacy

Annual Supporting Member
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lungorthin owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
With the Hammer 7, you need to remove a screw and rotate the barrel to go from magfed to hopper fed. So you cant switch in the middle of a game.
Thats what kills it for me
Plus I hear the pump stroke is pretty stiff
The Empire Sniper is all around better and looks like it would be easier to maintain
Also come with the nice empire barrel kit, or maybe throw an apex on there
just my 2 cents
Lungorthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:14 PM #6
inferno2inferno

The Sniper is far better. It's auto trigger is smoother and more consistent than the hammer and it includes a multiple barrel back kit and an10 round loading tube/clip. Also, it is a more durable easy to maintain platform. The hammer is largely aesthetics and gimmics. Performance wise the sniper takes it.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:02 PM #7
Wgppumpman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreak054 View Post

No offense taken. I just got the trilogy to get into pump.

And to everyone as a whole, thanks for your help!!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...&highlight=ecx
Wgppumpman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:09 PM #8
scunaz

scunaz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
scunaz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
scunaz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sniper hands down. If you got the money.
scunaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:57 PM #9
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgppumpman22 View Post
Hey guys:

Thanks!
Save your money and drop some coin for a CCM kit for your Trilogy. My CCM'd Trilogy is a lot smoother then the Empire Sniper for half the cost.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote