Community Focus

Old 04-26-2013, 03:42 PM #22
Hav0c
Ninja

Hav0c plays in the PSP
Hav0c owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hav0c is an NCPA National Champion
Hav0c plays in the APPA D3 division
To answer that somewhat, I love the half system but I can see what you mean by watching a team run the score up. On LB we have a policy where if we get up a certain number of points to where we are obviously going to win, we put out newer players in to get them reps and experience. It helps the team grow and prevents the match from becoming boring to watch. Some of the lost entertaining points I've seen are in those last couple minutes of a match. I think it really just comes down to each team's sportsmanship. Running up the score is usually a conscious decision on most teams that do it
Jordan Tsai #10
Cal State Long Beach Paintball
NCPA Class A National Champions 2011-2012

Play Beginner 3-man in the Beach Series! Hosted by CSULB
Hav0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:43 PM #23
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.Smith View Post
As an outside observer...

A lot of the matches in the NCPA become completely unwatchable, sometimes before halftime. Why on earth would anyone want to watch FGCU score 18 points on some team? I think the race to 7 has made the Pro game much more entertaining.

I went to 2 World Cups when it was still 20 minute halves, and honestly the matches can get really really boring even with a ton on the line.

From a player standpoint it would obviously mean more paintball, but is more always better? You will end up spending 2-3 times as much on paint, and have nothing to show for it even if you win, because you could have won in the current format by scoring way less points.

In summary, who the crap knows?
The NCPA is an exception because it's a mix of player skills. Some teams are good, a lot are bad. If it were to be done in the PSP you wouldn't see games go on like that as often.

If you spend 2-3x more on paint, you get to play 2-3x more. So that argument doesn't hold up, really.

There are obviously still a lot of flaws but I still think it's at least more fun to play and entertaining to watch.
OhIoCoNtRActKilLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:30 PM #24
BUCK BUCK #1

Race 2 is the dominant format. Deal with it.

The reasons why have already been mentioned in this thread. Regardless of "everyone you talk to" supposedly wanting 20 minute games, it simply won't happen.
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote