PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-22-2013, 12:09 AM #22
Diomedes
Nerd

Diomedes is playing at Living Legends III
So is it going to be on CBS, the network, or CBS Sports Network, that requires the super-whiz-bang cable package to watch?
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2013, 12:25 AM #23
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
So is it going to be on CBS, the network, or CBS Sports Network, that requires the super-whiz-bang cable package to watch?
I imagine the latter
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 AM #24
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well... looks like everyone is going to be getting the booster package to get CBS sports in HD for at least the month of May! I know I'll be watching it! Hopefully I'm not working!

Think about the time slot that they got... May 18 is a saturday. Noon EST is perfectly in the middle of the day. The fact that CBS even considered this deal is huge and says worlds as to the quality of the webcast that we all watch for free!

to PBA / SMP / NCPA / anyone else involved in making this happen!

Not gonna lie, was a little irked at first, but I can live with waiting.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:07 AM #25
Gloatfishy
Just keep swimming

Gloatfishy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Gloatfishy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gloatfishy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I hooked up my laptop through HDMI so i watched all my games on my 32" HDTV games looked great even though i didnt pay for them could have been a lot better. Also glad to see this sport getting a little bit of the spotlight. Had friends always give me crap when i talk about watching the pros play like if i was watching football. Now they can see im not just making this up.

Good job to FGCU on thier win. Hope to see more paintball action and great games with the MAO-PSP event.
Gloatfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:59 PM #26
woodsplaya
Out of the woods now!

woodsplaya is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Yes you will need a special package with your cable company to be able to watch this.
woodsplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:06 PM #27
Texas_pump

it sucks having to wait a month to watch it; and the fact that anyone who really cares about it will already know who won by then, makes me not really care to watch it a whole lot.
Texas_pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 PM #28
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsplaya View Post
Yes you will need a special package with your cable company to be able to watch this.
Depends what you mean by special. I already get the channel. 50 million homes in the US already have the channel. It's available in 50 million more homes, so worst case you can bump your package for a month.

Any sports bar will have it for sure too.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 PM #29
xxm4ddogxx
SLACKER

xxm4ddogxx owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xxm4ddogxx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xxm4ddogxx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xxm4ddogxx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Can't wait to see this on tv. More paintball needs to be seen through the media in a good light.

JT proflex B/S/T Group
xxm4ddogxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:11 PM #30
natexcarr
GO VEGETARIAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post

- Chris
Ahhhh, good thinking! Honestly I'd rather go out for lunch and watch the game with some friends. Not only would it be fun for me, but it also exposes more people to the sport while you're there
natexcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 PM #31
simple_condolences
Zach Traylor

simple_condolences owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
simple_condolences supports Team VICIOUS
simple_condolences plays in the APPA D4 division
simple_condolences has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Depends what you mean by special. I already get the channel. 50 million homes in the US already have the channel. It's available in 50 million more homes, so worst case you can bump your package for a month.

- Chris
This part right here times 1000. Anyone not working should go to their big local sports bars such as Buffalo Wild Wing and get this on as many tvs as you possibly can! Its great exposure for the sport, especially if people can hear the TV. If I'm not working, I know I will for sure.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:43 PM #32
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNcHoPsTyKs View Post
Lol, best learn your history. Long beach has made it to the finals every year in the past 4 years, yet we have only won one time. So idk where you got that whole "guaranteed to win" idea. We also had to fight hard in those final games over the past few years as well. Also, I think that anyone who watches our games can realize that we put everything we have into those games.

Either way, it was a good game against fgcu. Lots of blood was boiling between both teams, but they came out on top. Congrats to them. But you better believe that we're going to be coming out swinging next year.
Why don't you zoom out and join me in seeing the larger picture, not focus on the 2013 NCPA.

Roughly 12% of the population of America lives in California. So, statistically, California should only win 12% of the time, or at least have 12% of the teams. But that is not what we used to see.

In cali the paintball was much more competitive, with more competition, you generate a better player. So, you got a situation where your average California paintballer was better than most other paintballers anywhere else in the world.

Now, paintball is beginning to spread out. As pro teams are beginning to emerge from other parts of the country(and the world) to take the victors stand, California is starting to lose its name as the central hub of tournament paintball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_pump View Post
it sucks having to wait a month to watch it; and the fact that anyone who really cares about it will already know who won by then, makes me not really care to watch it a whole lot.
I watch it if for nothing else than to see how the best play paintball. I go on paintballaccess all the time to watch and rewatch the pro games to study their breakouts, their snap shooting, how they move, when they move, and what lanes they hold.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 04-23-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:00 PM #33
hawk5755
London Lewis

Annual Supporting Member
hawk5755 plays in the PSP
hawk5755 donated to help Peyton Trent
hawk5755 is an NCPA player
hawk5755 is an NCPA National Champion
hawk5755 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Why don't you zoom out and join me in seeing the larger picture, not focus on the 2013 NCPA.

Roughly 12% of the population of America lives in California. So, statistically, California should only win 12% of the time, or at least have 12% of the teams. But that is not what we used to see.

In cali the paintball was much more competitive, with more competition, you generate a better player. So, you got a situation where your average California paintballer was better than most other paintballers anywhere else in the world.

Now, paintball is beginning to spread out. As pro teams are beginning to emerge from other parts of the country(and the world) to take the victors stand, California is starting to lose its name as the central hub of tournament paintball.

I think Florida has and always will be one of the central hubs for paintball along with Cali. Both states have perfect weather for paintball.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:33 PM #34
In-Hoc

In-Hoc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
In-Hoc plays in the APPA D5 division
Does anybody know if the finals will ever be available to watch online? I mean it is 2014, we all know who won but, it would be nice to watch it!

It's not the WILL to WIN, but rather the WILL to PREPARE to WIN that will make the difference!

In-Hoc Signo Vinces!
In-Hoc is offline   Reply With Quote