Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 AM #1
NachoPB

Weird axe behaviour?

Hi guys, i have recently bought an used empire axe ( shockwave board ) which had at most 4 games on it. I immediately took it apart, cleaned it and re lubed it.
The gun shoots great but something caught my eye. I've noticed that after turning the asa OFF, the regulator will still keep pressure in it. It will then proceed to depressurize itself after aprox 10-15 minutes or ill have to shoot once to take out the remaining air from the gun, after this the pressure will go down to 0. This is the first axe i own, in fact, its the first paintball gun i've ever owned but this cuaght my eye because from what i know, every other on/off asa will depressurize as soon as you turn it off.
Also i have noticed that the pressure on the reg came stock at 190 psi ( i haven't touched it ) but when i shoot, the pressure will go down to about 170-190 and when i stop shooting it will go back to 190. Is this normal? I only chronoed it once and it was shooting consistently between 275 and 285 fps.
I apologize if these are noob questions and for my english, but i'm new at this and would like to know if this is normal behaviour.
Thanks in advance

Empire axe model 2012 (shockwave board)
Stock pressure
Empire 68/4500 tank

Last edited by NachoPB : 04-21-2013 at 09:54 AM.
NachoPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 AM #2
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

That is fairly common... put a couple drops on synthetic paintball oil in the ASA and fire a few times. Usually that'll fix it.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:15 AM #3
NachoPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
That is fairly common... put a couple drops on synthetic paintball oil in the ASA and fire a few times. Usually that'll fix it.
Hi, thanks for the answer. I have just found a thread opened by a guy with the EXACT same problem as mine, and he solved it with your oil suggestion.
Only thing its not clear to me, is where exactly should i put the oil drops in. Do i need to take the reg apart?
Also yesterday i got shot on the plug on the side of the reg where the air degasses from, should i clean it? do i need to take the whole reg apart to do that? I really don't want to hehe

Last edited by NachoPB : 04-21-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:36 AM #4
blueshifty

Where the tank screws in you'll see 2 small holes... drop the oil in there. I'm not 100% where you got shot, but the little cap with 4 holes is a filter and should be kept fairly clean.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:53 AM #5
NachoPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Where the tank screws in you'll see 2 small holes... drop the oil in there. I'm not 100% where you got shot, but the little cap with 4 holes is a filter and should be kept fairly clean.
alright, any marker oil will do? like the Planet eclipse one for example. I got shot on the gripframe and some paint went through 2 of the holes, after some play it dissapeared. Is there any way to clean it without having to take apart the reg and thus void the warranty?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:52 PM #6
blueshifty

PE oil will be fine.