Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-14-2013, 08:42 AM #1
1kimsey
Super Grover

1kimsey has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1kimsey has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bunkering at a respawn base

When playing a game that allows respawning at a select base and players are using said base as cover and to shoot from, what should happen to them if they are bunkered in said base? Should they be eliminated from the game? Should they just return fire since they are at the respawn site? Should you even be allowed to bunker them?
1kimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 PM #2
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
They respawn, the person who did the bunkering gets shot and then goes back to their own respawn.

This ignores the issue or "respawn poaching" but if the player are shooting from that location they should expect to be taking fire.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:29 PM #3
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Ideally there should be a buffer zone, say a 50-100 foot area (depending on field size) in front of the respawn point where opposing players are not allowed to be. Keeps people from camping on the respawn point.

With out it, yes, it's possible for a player to potentially keep one hand or foot on the respawn and be effectively invincible. Depending on the fields rules of course.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:50 PM #4
1kimsey
Super Grover

Thanks for the replies.

It was the first time that I had ever played at a field that allowed players to use the respawn area as a live bunker. I was a bit perplexed by it.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:55 PM #5
Raeven
Politeness isn't weakness

Raeven supports Pev's Paintball
Raeven has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think the whole idea of spawn campering is kind of stupid. I don't see the fun in it at all. Not to mention, you're opponents aren't having any fun and will likely leave the game. We ran into that at a dual castle game and we finally convinced everyone on our side to go back to our castle and start over.
Raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 AM #6
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeven View Post
I think the whole idea of spawn campering is kind of stupid. I don't see the fun in it at all. Not to mention, you're opponents aren't having any fun and will likely leave the game. We ran into that at a dual castle game and we finally convinced everyone on our side to go back to our castle and start over.
Not just stupid but its an example of extreme cowardess. It means that those players aren't even really participating in the game until which point that the opposing team has literally taken over the entire field.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 AM #7
loneassassin
A Grim and...

This is the reason I don't like respawns -- too many people take advantage of it and abuse it. I vastly prefer games that just go quickly so if you're out, you don't have to wait a long time.

However, I have played at several fields which had multiple respawn points. If you were eliminated within 100 feet of a respawn zone, the rule was you had to walk to a distant respawn zone before you could come back in. That would eliminate people trying to be "invincible."

There was a guy camping a respawn zone one time in a scenario game -- we'd try to come out of the zone and he'd just light us all up. There weren't any refs around. Finally, about ten guys and I yelled out to him that he'd better run the next time we all came out, because we weren't going to stop until he was painted liberally. It was fun hunting him down.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 AM #8
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
We usually run a buffer zone of at least 50 feet around the respawn, and if the enemy gets that close then you probably don't deserve to get respawned...
Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:54 PM #9
1kimsey
Super Grover

For what it's worth... This scenario happened not from a result of spawn camping, but from quickly working my way up the middle-right side of the field and taking out several players along the way. With it being my first time playing this particular field, not being able to see where the guys that I shot out were going to respawn due to quickly engaging in another snap shooting battle, and the ref who watched me bunker them not stop me from doing so... I didn't realize that I was bunkering the respawn base until after the fact. The final outcome was the ref calling the game with no winner.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:20 PM #10
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Old home field hosts a Big Game Day once a month, and respawn is allowed that day during those games. But there are specific rules, very similar to what loneassassin mentions:

- Each team has multiple respawn points (at the beginning of the game).
- Respawn lasts for the first 25 min, no respawn for the last 5 min.
- If you are shot within 30 ft of your respawn, you can no longer respawn there.

Respawn capture rules vary, depending on game type, since amount of respawns vary with each field (especially if they combine fields for larger games). Sometimes they can be captured (opposing team takes control), sometimes they can be rendered unusable (opposing team can't use them, but they can "turn them off"). Still can be fun, although a lot of the big game-changing moves don't often happen until those last 5 min.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM #11
paintball4fun999

We play if shot in the respawn area you become a member of the other team. When all players are on one team, game over.
paintball4fun999 is offline   Reply With Quote