PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2013, 02:15 PM #1
JayMo7

Mini Velocity isn't consistant...

Hi everyone,

I've had a mini for a couple months now and I've noticed that last few times I went to chrono it the velocity seemed to jump all over the place. Back to back shots would read 290 then 230...280..220...295.. etc. It's never consistant.

Anyone else have/had this issue or have an idea for a fix?
JayMo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2013, 02:17 PM #2
Jose1998

Jose1998 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jose1998 posts videos on PbNation
Jose1998 plays in the APPA D4 division
Jose1998 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Lube the bolt, check the orings, do regular maintainence and see if that fixes it.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:43 PM #3
Starks

What bore paint are you using? What bore barrel are you shooting the paint through? Have you changed your battery?

For Sale:
DM14
77 Ninja Dura, 68 Ninja
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:56 PM #4
lunatic209

I was also shooting very inconsistent with my Mini this past weekend. I believe it was a regulator problem for mines. The on/off ASA would creep up from 180 all the way to like 210 PSI as I let it sit. Take a shot and it'll drop down to 140 PSI. Chrono would be anywhere from 290 to 245. Usually the first shot will be high then the rest around 245-255.
lunatic209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM #5
JayMo7

It was doing it with the stock barrel and with a new barrel that I just used for the first time (using a .679 insert). I was also using different paint both times. The ASA is still set at the stock 200.

I lubed the bolt just before this but I'll try giving it a bit more thorough cleaning and maintenance then see what happens. I haven't gotten the low battery light yet but it wouldn't hurt to try a new one.

Thanks for the replies so far.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM #6
sdzell18
Code it and Load it

Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
make sure you lube the poppet
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:22 PM #7
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ive struggled with erratic velocity ever since ive had mine. Never enough to hinder its performance, really, but more of a "thorn in my side" more so than anything.
I live and play in New England, where temps and humidity can wreak havoc on velocity and paint, and ive lubed, checked, and replaced every part of that gun more times than I can remember, or want to. Even replaced the noid!
It's been relegated to my backup marker now, so I havent messed with it any further. Other than velocity fluctuation, its been a great, reliable marker, so I leave well enough alone. But if you find a cure for this, Id love to know!

Bad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:53 AM #8
EmpireTech
Always here to Help

EmpireTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
EmpireTech plays in the PSP
EmpireTech plays in the APPA D4 division
EmpireTech supports Empire
Check to make sure that your Check Valve is in the correct spot and not damaged in anyway.
Or Call Us at
1-800-220-3222
EmpireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:58 PM #9
lunatic209

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireTech View Post
Check to make sure that your Check Valve is in the correct spot and not damaged in anyway.
Can you explain more about this? Sorry newbs here.
lunatic209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:57 AM #10
Bloodymurder

Annual Supporting Member
Bloodymurder supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic209 View Post
Can you explain more about this? Sorry newbs here.
There is a small plastic piece that goes between the body and the air transfer plate, it helps restrict the airflow. Mostly problems with breaking paint are attributed to players losing this without noticing when they take apart the marker to clean it.

Check the ultimate sticky and it will show you everything you need to know about it. Even if it's in there correctly, you should replace it every so often anyway if you're experiencing issues.

Albion College Lacrosse
Bloodymurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 PM #11
minimag03

minimag03 is an NCPA player
minimag03 plays in the APPA D5 division
Cycle some oil through your regs, lube the poppet oring, make sure your dwell is at 8ms, and make sure the check valve is still in the gun.

The quality of paint probably plays a huge part in this. Also your paint to barrel match like mentioned earlier.

There is one more thing that should be checked, the output pressure and recharge rate of the tanks regulator.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:19 PM #12
JayMo7

Thanks for all the replies.

So I was getting ready to do some maintenance on my mini when I noticed there was still air locked inside, even with the tank off. Usually it all escapes when I unscrew it.

I noticed this when I went to take out the bolt and it shot across the room! lol

I checked all the o-rings, lubed them all and even replaced that little check valve. I haven't been back to the field yet to chrono it again to see if it's better but now I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my regulator and if it's related to this velocity problem. I tried inserting and removing the tank a couple times since then and it still holds air in there. When I shot it out it came out the regulator side.

This issue might be for a separate post but I'm just wondering if it could be related to my original problem.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:56 PM #13
Jose1998

Jose1998 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jose1998 posts videos on PbNation
Jose1998 plays in the APPA D4 division
Jose1998 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMo7 View Post
Thanks for all the replies.

So I was getting ready to do some maintenance on my mini when I noticed there was still air locked inside, even with the tank off. Usually it all escapes when I unscrew it.

I noticed this when I went to take out the bolt and it shot across the room! lol

I checked all the o-rings, lubed them all and even replaced that little check valve. I haven't been back to the field yet to chrono it again to see if it's better but now I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my regulator and if it's related to this velocity problem. I tried inserting and removing the tank a couple times since then and it still holds air in there. When I shot it out it came out the regulator side.

This issue might be for a separate post but I'm just wondering if it could be related to my original problem.
Extra air is no problem, it will come out by itself after a few minutes or if it really bothers you just turn off the eyes and dry fire a shot and the air should be all gone.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 PM #14
JayMo7

This extra air managed to stay in there for over a day. It doesn't really bother me it's just never done that before.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:44 PM #15
boostkilla

I have also shot my bolt across the room, lol. My mini seems to hold air fairly often, until I put on the on/off ASA.
boostkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 PM #16
JayMo7

So to add to my troubles with this gun I finally got to use it again and it was still hard to get a solid chrono of it with it fluctuating so much.

While in mid game I noticed the velocity suddenly dropped very low. I went and tested it and it had went down to around 150. I started to turn it back up and it started leaking!

I'm not happy! Haven't gotten a chance to open it back up yet to see what happen.

I might invest in one of those on/off ASAs if I can get everything else taken care of with it. I don't need anymore holes in my walls!