Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckC View Post
This one time, on PBNation, I read about a member of the NPPL staff telling a photographer, "You look like a God damn retard, get the **** off my field".

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3585915

...at least you don't hold a grudge.

(I realize you were specifically speaking about your experiences while playing NPPL in that quote, not working...but I couldn't help myself.)
Hahaha well what that individual did was entirely rude, unprofessional and uncalled for. But what I was referring to was just the registration people. Hahah
p8ntcheck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 PM #23
Joe Trumbo

Joe Trumbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
*this is in experience from HB* One of the things that always gets me is the fact that you have to pay for grandstand seating. Market your product yeah? Sure I understand there are cost factors. But making people pay 10 bucks for grandstand seating. Ballers don't even want to do that. But what would be better than an up close personal view of paintball. Announcing buzzers yelling screaming diving from both sides of the field that is portrayed soooo great from a grandstand view. I feel like NPPL's success lingers on the sports success. Anyone remember back when there was booths and vendors everywhere? Now just a small little row of people. When they figure out a way to get new people to invest in paintball I feel over all every league will be better.

As a side note. I also believe that there should be basic uniform rules that don't differ by leagues. Idk if that makes sense but like how NPPL is semi and PSP is ramping. If there could be one official set line of rules that make the basis of air ball idk. Just my thoughts thanks if you read
-joe
Joe Trumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:14 AM #24
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I dont know what would save it at this point. To many half measures have been implemented at this point due to certain pro teams liking things just the way they are.

The ramping issue is a done deal at this point. Practically all new players into speedball use ramp. And way to many semi players ignore the fact that they arent really semi players. No one is using cockers anymore. Your electro is adding shots. No one can shoot a spyder or tippmann 15 a second for a reason.

The venues aren't important. Sounds great using vegas and hb but, I and others, don't play events for the venue. We play because we love paintball and the competition.

General ineptness concerning coordination. Field lengths and schedules being a good frame of reference.

Finally, there just seems to be a disconnect between nppl officials and the lower players. To many people that just don't know squat about pr and don't care to learn. The pros arent the only game in town.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:50 AM #25
Cory688

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
Lots of people DO play events for the venue. Judging by the team turnout and how packed the event is (guessing quite a few people posting in here aren't here in HB) I'd say they're doing pretty well.

HB is always a sold out event and it seems like Vegas does really well. In past years, Chicago and DC are the events that seem to struggle a bit more.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:10 AM #26
reaper_6

Annual Supporting Member
reaper_6 is BST Trusted
reaper_6 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
reaper_6 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
reaper_6 plays in the APPA D4 division
reaper_6 supports DLX Technology
reaper_6 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Great analysis, definitely the absence of a webcast is a big one

Last edited by reaper_6 : 04-14-2013 at 02:22 AM.
reaper_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:08 PM #27
brandooghey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballen4Life View Post
naked women on the sidelines.
yep.
brandooghey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:00 PM #28
Destroyka_CK

Destroyka_CK plays in the PSP
Destroyka_CK plays in the APPA D2 division
Destroyka_CK supports DLX Technology
Oh wow, where to start?

Played HB this weekend. Registration people are completely unprofessional and have no sense of urgency. Sat there and waited for the lady to get done talking to her boyfriend laughing and joking about their endeavors the night before while waiting to get my ID card. Took her about 35 minutes to dig through the unorganized pile of random cards to finally find mine.

What's this new bull**** about not having any undershirt sticking out??? I mean I totally understand the tucking in your jersey rules but on field 2 and 3 the refs were making us tuck our shirts AND jerseys INTO OUR PANTS or threatened to throw penalties. Had a couple points where refs didnt even realize it was 10 second countdown to play and were scrambling to run to the sideline or middle of the field. Missing crucial and obvious hit players off break.

Literally one chrono and one small *** trailer for THREE fields to chrono your gun at. The line was un realistic and had to sit there and wait for kids playing with their guns.

4 ****ing honeybuckets???? Are you serious???

After playing Saturday and Sunday as a player who paid team entry, registration fees, paint etc was CHARGED to pay 15 to sit and watch D2, sorry I mean Pro games in the grandstands even though I had my player wrist band.

Destroyka_CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:31 PM #29
Bob24
Agg is for faggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyka_CK View Post
After playing Saturday and Sunday as a player who paid team entry, registration fees, paint etc was CHARGED to pay 15 to sit and watch D2, sorry I mean Pro games in the grandstands even though I had my player wrist band.
wow. That's laughable.
Bob24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:41 PM #30
SDki77a

Quote:
Oh wow, where to start?

Played HB this weekend. Registration people are completely unprofessional and have no sense of urgency. Sat there and waited for the lady to get done talking to her boyfriend laughing and joking about their endeavors the night before while waiting to get my ID card. Took her about 35 minutes to dig through the unorganized pile of random cards to finally find mine.

What's this new bull**** about not having any undershirt sticking out??? I mean I totally understand the tucking in your jersey rules but on field 2 and 3 the refs were making us tuck our shirts AND jerseys INTO OUR PANTS or threatened to throw penalties. Had a couple points where refs didnt even realize it was 10 second countdown to play and were scrambling to run to the sideline or middle of the field. Missing crucial and obvious hit players off break.

Literally one chrono and one small *** trailer for THREE fields to chrono your gun at. The line was un realistic and had to sit there and wait for kids playing with their guns.

I agree with you about the under shirt rule and chrono trailer.
A reff tried to pull me out during the 10 second count of our first match for having my under shirt displayed just like how I've worn for the past 5 years when we where not even told this rule in the captains meeting

And the chrono trailor could have at least had one more chrono attached to it. I know chronographs are not cheap but seriously only 1 chrono between 2 fields and techs.. I had to wait 20 mins while a pro tech was tuning a gun over the only chrono
SDki77a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:42 PM #31
MicHauŠ¹²
I Do My Own Stunts

MicHauŠ¹² owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Have a webcast every event. This shouldn't even be an option anymore. the argument "its too expensive" is not valid, this is the 21st first century and thats part of the business now and until these things are on TV that is the only way to keep us the fans connected, these tweeter and facebook updated dont cut it. Its part of the cost of staying relevant and keeping the fans interested which the NPPL is failing at both right now. The fans care alot more when they can see what's going on.

I use to be very pro NPPL but they have completely turned me off them. If I can't watch the matches live like any other sport, then i just don't care, and all but 1 team i like has left the league for the reasons you have all stated.

Mainepb.com
"Originally posted by DYE=cool: One time, me and my friends used marijuana needles, to make a long story short my penis fell off."

People that say agg need to die in a fire

Last edited by MicHauŠ¹² : 04-14-2013 at 06:47 PM.
MicHauŠ¹² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:44 PM #32
aggballer93
WOLF

aggballer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
aggballer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aggballer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aggballer93 supports Team VICIOUS
aggballer93 supports Team VICIOUS
aggballer93 is Legendary
gotta bring it back to NPPL Brockton.......
Old 04-14-2013, 08:28 PM #33
suzukikid2112

suzukikid2112 plays in the PSP
suzukikid2112 donated to help Peyton Trent
suzukikid2112 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
I dont know what would save it at this point. To many half measures have been implemented at this point due to certain pro teams liking things just the way they are.

The ramping issue is a done deal at this point. Practically all new players into speedball use ramp. And way to many semi players ignore the fact that they arent really semi players. No one is using cockers anymore. Your electro is adding shots. No one can shoot a spyder or tippmann 15 a second for a reason.

The venues aren't important. Sounds great using vegas and hb but, I and others, don't play events for the venue. We play because we love paintball and the competition.

General ineptness concerning coordination. Field lengths and schedules being a good frame of reference.

Finally, there just seems to be a disconnect between nppl officials and the lower players. To many people that just don't know squat about pr and don't care to learn. The pros arent the only game in town.
For what it's worth, Tippmann Effect got 2nd playing d2 7 man with Tippmanns...
suzukikid2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:38 PM #34
underpar

underpar is a Supporting Member
underpar supports Cereal Killerz 2
underpar owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
underpar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Try to find this link on their site almost impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikilwig View Post
Maybe it's not optimal..scores are also the NPPL website.
http://nppl.com/nppl-hb-2013-pro-div-1/
Try to find this link on their web site. It is difficult to say the least. Why is not front and center the main thing you want people to see today. With no webcast (this alone is pathetic) The most visible link on their website should be where the scores are, But here lies the actual problem. Even if you have the link and your on the site, they have not updated the information in any useful manor. As I write this it is 8:30 in the evening event is over and they have not even updated the second round this mourning. The only scores posted right now are from the first round this morning. I love the NPPL and the format. And the fact they come to California which PSP had not until this August. But
1. Get a webcast up and running at every event.
2, Get the scores posted and updated current at every event. Make it website available, stay away from the need to make people go to the social sites.

If you can read this Thank a teacher, because it is in english Thank a soldier.

Feedback Click Here
underpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:40 PM #35
MicHauŠ¹²
I Do My Own Stunts

MicHauŠ¹² owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggballer93 View Post
gotta bring it back to NPPL Brockton.......
ya only like i ever got to go to a event.

Mainepb.com
"Originally posted by DYE=cool: One time, me and my friends used marijuana needles, to make a long story short my penis fell off."

People that say agg need to die in a fire
MicHauŠ¹² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:03 PM #36
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by underpar View Post
Try to find this link on their web site. It is difficult to say the least. Why is not front and center the main thing you want people to see today. With no webcast (this alone is pathetic) The most visible link on their website should be where the scores are, But here lies the actual problem. Even if you have the link and your on the site, they have not updated the information in any useful manor. As I write this it is 8:30 in the evening event is over and they have not even updated the second round this mourning. The only scores posted right now are from the first round this morning. I love the NPPL and the format. And the fact they come to California which PSP had not until this August. But
1. Get a webcast up and running at every event.
2, Get the scores posted and updated current at every event. Make it website available, stay away from the need to make people go to the social sites.
The link to the scores and schedules is front and center on the NPPL homepage, I don't know how you can miss it.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:06 PM #37
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukikid2112 View Post
For what it's worth, Tippmann Effect got 2nd playing d2 7 man with Tippmanns...
Those Tippmann's are a far cry from the 98's and A5's they used 'back in the day'

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:23 PM #38
JoeMcNugget
USMC

JoeMcNugget plays in the PSP
JoeMcNugget owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JoeMcNugget plays in the APPA D4 division
JoeMcNugget has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Oh wow, where to start?

At PSP Dallas they did the same thing. I believe all the fields made you tuck in your undershirt and a few of the fields made you tuck in your jersey as well.