abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Fasor =/= Spool

Here in Wisconsin at any tournament I've been to I've seen as many or more Ethas than Luxes, V2 Marqs, or Vanguard markers up into D3...

Again, Fasor=/= spool. The Etha gets undeniably better efficiency than a Geo while keeping about the same sound signature and shot as a Geo.

Well, if it had those features it'd be like comparing an Ego 10 to an Etek 3.... So being honest with myself it'd be more than a special edition entry level and closer to a supergun.
I said basically a Geo. I didn't compare their respective firing mechanisms.

Undeniably better efficiency? Eh a pod or two is decent. Same shot yes, sound signature no.

I just think you are so set on the idea you won't open yourself to the more logical ideas. But hey I don't need to prove myself. Just let Eclipse do the walk and talk and if there ever really is a "SL" Etha, then I will gladly come in here and retract my statements. Until then, like stated above, it's a pretty firm branch were standing on that there won't be an SL version.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 PM #23
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass

aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenguyen View Post
I said basically a Geo. I didn't compare their respective firing mechanisms.
So, for reference, because they look similar and would have similar features that makes it basically a Geo even though they operate vastly different? That's like saying a Proto Matrix Rail with different grips, reg cover, and ASA is basically a DM11, which it really isn't.

Quote:
Undeniably better efficiency? Eh a pod or two is decent. Same shot yes, sound signature no.
Also, undeniably means it's not deniable, meaning that you can't say it's not more efficient. Didn't say it had much better efficiency, just said it can't be disputed that it does. A Geo (not +,2, or 3) and an Etha sound VERY similar in case you haven't had two pointed at you at the same time.

Quote:
I just think you are so set on the idea you won't open yourself to the more logical ideas. But hey I don't need to prove myself. Just let Eclipse do the walk and talk and if there ever really is a "SL" Etha, then I will gladly come in here and retract my statements. Until then, like stated above, it's a pretty firm branch were standing on that there won't be an SL version.
I've already admitted that it's most likely not going to happen, there was no denying that it was a pipedream at best. I said:
Quote:
I feel like if PE did a run of SL Ethas with different milling, metal parts instead of composite, angled collar, POPS, and a barrel kit for $850 that they'd have THE neatest luxury setup around a basic platform.
Not "They're probably going to do an SL" or "I bet there will be an SL", I said it would be neat. Finally, my response to seaneady wasn't sarcastically implying he was wrong, it was in the place of "Thank you captain obvious" because that just wasn't in my mind at the time.

Last edited by aresfiend : 03-27-2013 at 04:58 PM.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 PM #24
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

Quote:
So, for reference, because they look similar and would have similar features that makes it basically a Geo even though they operate vastly different? That's like saying a Proto Matrix Rail with different grips, reg cover, and ASA is basically a DM11, which it really isn't.

Also, undeniably means it's not deniable, meaning that you can't say it's not more efficient. Didn't say it had much better efficiency, just said it can't be disputed that it does. A Geo (not +,2, or 3) and an Etha sound VERY similar in case you haven't had two pointed at you at the same time.

I've already admitted that it's most likely not going to happen, there was no denying that it was a pipedream at best. I said:

Not "They're probably going to do an SL" or "I bet there will be an SL", I said it would be neat. Finally, my response to seaneady wasn't sarcastically implying he was wrong, it was in the place of "Thank you captain obvious" because that just wasn't in my mind at the time.
I never compared the two in firing mechanisms or said anything the likes of how you're comparing them. They are two different platforms and what I'm saying is if players choose Eclipse, and decide they want something better than an Etha, the Geo is the next option up that doesn't jump them to the Etek/Ego poppet design.

You're making everything complicated. I agreed it gets better efficiency, what else is there to talk about? Most guns sound similar when they're being shot at you. If you shoot them side by side, the vibration and ping from an Etha is noticeable from far distances. It's much more distinct than a Geo sound. I've been shot at by both, Etha's are much "louder", that is undeniable. But when 12bps is coming your way it doesn't really matter, you're more worried about paint coming at your face anyways.

Your reply involved sarcasm, it really wasn't needed or called for, but hey reply to people however you like. It's a forum right?
Old 04-13-2013, 02:24 AM #25
Broch

Back to the original intent of this thread. I don't understand the built in obsolescence here. With the huge popularity of the Etha, I really hope that either Planet Eclipse or a third party will provide an upgrade or accessory path. As seen in the Etha GT thread, there is a demand for this. More comfortable grips and the 45 reg swivel would completely change the feel of this marker, and wipe the competition out. As much as I love my Etha, the Axe is still compelling due to ergonomics.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:54 PM #26
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
Back to the original intent of this thread. I don't understand the built in obsolescence here. With the huge popularity of the Etha, I really hope that either Planet Eclipse or a third party will provide an upgrade or accessory path. As seen in the Etha GT thread, there is a demand for this. More comfortable grips and the 45 reg swivel would completely change the feel of this marker, and wipe the competition out. As much as I love my Etha, the Axe is still compelling due to ergonomics.
It's 'popular' but only to the point of attracting newer and scenario players mostly. I agree, better grips and the 45 swivel would make it like the Etek 4 but increase cost most likely.

IMO, the Axe ergonomics suck. I hated it when I held em. I'd take the Etha over it any day.