PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-07-2012, 01:32 PM #1
SteveG66
Noob!!!!

New Etha Owner, few ?'s........

Hey Nation,

new owner here, bought used from a local store (trying to help them stay in business , and love it.

Got it home on Thursday, purchased more paint on Friday and took it out yesterday with my son and some friends. This thing rocks.

It's my first PB gun, so please take it easy on me, I originally looked at Tippmans, GOG's, etc. and this came in the night before. The more questions I asked, the more I realized I would end up sinking more money than what I have into this into a Tippman or something like that. I think I'll be money ahead.

The only question I have right now, I think I know the answer though is: Can I program the stock board for a 3 round burst or go full auto? I have been looking at ANS gear and see the APE board can do this. I have looked over the manual, scoured the net and still don't see these as options with stock board. Really doesn't surprise me, I doubt these would be legal for speedball games.

No big deal, just curious and wondering if that was possible.

Also, anybody have any recommended settings to improve air efficiency? Not that it's bad, but any tried and true dwell settings you might care to share?

Any other things I should be looking for or thinking about? I know, just go out and shoot it but it's killing me just sitting and looking at it.

Thanks again and thanks for listening!!

SteveG66
SteveG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2012, 02:51 PM #2
Apewar

The 4 modes available do not allow for only 3 burst shots nor full auto. the Etha can do on a full fill of a 68/4500 is between 6-9 pods that i've seen, so messing with the dwell may help i doubt its anything you will notice while playing.
Apewar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:27 PM #3
SirKarnage

SirKarnage posts videos on PbNation
SirKarnage has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Incase your used purchase did not include the manual Click here

ramping mode is good with the stock board, it's really good for a new player so you don't automatically over shoot people.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:28 PM #4
b15cu1t

b15cu1t owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
steve if you put this in ramping mode,yes you will have to waggle your fingers a bit more but,she will rip
b15cu1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM #5
SteveG66
Noob!!!!

Thanks all for your help, I appreciate it. I wanted to let it rip but I ran out of air fairly quick, I am using a 35/3000 Ninja Aluminum tank. Now to get a bigger better tank.

I will keep it at factory settings and use it like that, I have to assume Planet Eclipse knows more about paintball than I do......

Thanks again, I'm really having fun with it.

It's funny, my wife won't shoot any of my "real" guns, but is not afraid to shoot this in the backard . Who knows, maybe I can get her to play!!!!

My 8 year old daughter now wants to try this, Do they make pink guns(?), I know thye're out there but when shes older and can handle getting shot.....

Thanks all for your rec's, appreciate it.
SteveG66
Old 04-11-2013, 01:02 AM #6
DadWithAPen
Follow @PaintballDad

There's a purple Etha at ANSSports! My daughter is too wanting to play. Ugh. 10 years old.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:31 PM #7
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
If you put the marker on the PSP Ramping mode, it is ramping and has the 3 shot function there. The manual will give you a clearer explanation of this mode.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:56 AM #8
enginerd

enginerd owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
You can also pick up some smaller bore shaft 4 barrel backs to improve efficiency (a little). I've gathered a few in BST on this site to save a few bucks.

Congrats and welcome to paintball!
enginerd is offline   Reply With Quote