Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2013, 02:05 PM #1
MagicDrafna

Rec Baller

So guys i have been out of the game for a few years and was wondering is there any reason i should get a wrapped tank vs. a steelie? i mean i know wrapped is lighter but, meh weight doesn't really mean much to me
MagicDrafna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2013, 02:22 PM #2
Djzapz
Aristocratic Nonchalance

All steel tanks are 3000psi to my knowledge. Some carbon fiber tanks can hold up to 4500psi, which means over 50% more shots per cubic inch.

I think the biggest steel tanks are 62ci or something like that, whereas carbon fiber tanks can be over 100ci.

It is my understanding though that some places don't fill to above 3000psi so you may want to consider that. Around here, they fill to around 3500-4000psi.

Last edited by Djzapz : 04-07-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Djzapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 PM #3
MagicDrafna

yeah i dont play basically anywhere that i cant get my tank refilled (on site air) so thats why i was thinking about a steelie. i could get a cheap tank and that would save me the money so i can get a new loader all i have are some Halos and god how i hate Halo's
Old 04-07-2013, 02:50 PM #4
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
If you think down the road you're going to get a 4500 psi tank it's best to do that as the initial investment. As opposed to buying a metal one for 50-60 and then realizing it doesn't give you the shots you want and then you drop that $140 on a fiber cylinder anyway.
Keep in mind a 68/45 will give you about the same amount of shots as a 20oz co2. So use that thought as a baseline. You can always buy a used fiber set up as well and save some money in that regard.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:05 PM #5
MagicDrafna

hmm never thought about buying used just not something that seemed like a good idea, not sure why
Old 04-07-2013, 03:48 PM #6
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Check your local shops or even swapmytank.com.
Places like that are not going to sell you a beat to hell tank like some random person may. Or just look for a very reputable seller on the forums. Some people have too much gear, sponsorship changes, or just want to get out of the sport and will sell in date and good condition tanks for a decent price.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote