Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2013, 08:09 PM #1
Mr McGarity

Question about the E99 Avant

Just bought 3 paintball guns today for $100 and one of them was the E99 avant. I have two questions about it. One is the bolt seems to be stuck in the cocked mode and it won't come out when I turn the gun on and shoot it. Anybody have any ideas as to why it's stuck? And secondly the steel hose and like a tiny needle looking piece of steel sticking out on the hose, is this safe to use or should the hose be replaced?
Mr McGarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 PM #2
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Turn the saftey off then fire, 9v battery often don't have enough juice and you will want a 9.6v batter. If its still stuck unscrew the frame screws and it will uncock. Should you take it apart right now, the enitre back assembly will come flying out at you so do it slowly.

If the hose broken you will need to replace it.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 PM #3
Mr McGarity

I'll try that, thank you. And even though its like 1 tiny little piece it needs to be replaced?
Old 04-06-2013, 11:43 PM #4
nenkitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr McGarity View Post
I'll try that, thank you. And even though its like 1 tiny little piece it needs to be replaced?
Yes, I would suggest replacing it. One fray leads to many more.

If you like, you could find macro fittings and run macro lines instead of the braided steel.

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:06 AM #5
Mr McGarity

Heard macro lines are harder to make fit. And will a 9.6v battery make that much of a difference compared to a regular 9v?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:14 AM #6
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
I've always felt that it's easier to use macroline than to try to fit the braided steel.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:29 AM #7
Mr McGarity

I have the original 9.6 volt battery that came with the gun, just not the charger for it. Will it make it uncock?
Old 04-07-2013, 06:43 AM #8
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
unscrew the grip, then it will uncock it self.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:30 PM #9
nenkitsune

alternatively you can take off the left side grip and push the solenoid to make it uncock.

Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 PM #10
Mr McGarity

Ok, I got it uncocked by pulling the bolt back and pushing the solenoid in. I got a noob question, is it not uncocking or firing because I don't have CO2 hooked into it? When I pull the triiger I can hear and see the solenoid clicking on all firing modes, but the bolt doesn't move when I have it cocked. This due to the fact it don't have the 9.6v battery or because I don't have CO2 in it? Or is it a matter of both?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:33 PM #11
nenkitsune

You don't need air to make it cycle.

My e99 would run fine with a 9v. they just didn't last as long.

Do you have a multimeter handy? you capacitor could be going bad and isn't charging up enough to kick the solenoid.

My Feedback
Old 04-07-2013, 05:34 PM #12
theblindchicken
49'er

theblindchicken is an NCPA player
theblindchicken is an NCPA National Champion
theblindchicken plays in the APPA D5 division
It's because of the battery. A regular 9v battery will not have enough power to fire the solenoid correctly. If it's the original 9.6v, it will most likely need to be charged and/or replaced because it may be too old and not hold its charge.

HPA or CO2 can be used with it (I recommend HPA). Without an air source, you can still fire the bolt, but you cannot fire a paintball and it will not recock itself like designed.
theblindchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:35 PM #13
Mr McGarity

Nah I don't have one. I can see the solenoid kicking though when I pull the trigger. The battery low light is on too even with a new 9v battery.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM #14
Mr McGarity

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblindchicken View Post
It's because of the battery. A regular 9v battery will not have enough power to fire the solenoid correctly. If it's the original 9.6v, it will most likely need to be charged and/or replaced because it may be too old and not hold its charge.

HPA or CO2 can be used with it (I recommend HPA). Without an air source, you can still fire the bolt, but you cannot fire a paintball and it will not recock itself like designed.
I'll have to pick up a battery from Walmart or something tomorrow and see if it will work with it.