PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 PM #1
joshik

air leakage

hi

i was playing last weekend when all of a sudden i started to get a slight leak. it sounds like its coming from the barrel/chamber area. then it got worse and worse and now it seems like air is leaking from the solenoid.

i took apart and cleaned the marker. the solenoid gasket seems to be ok.... would the internals of the solenoid go bad? would that cause an air leak in the chamber area?

thx
joshik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2013, 09:59 PM #2
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

solenoid leak wont cause a leak in the breach. if its leaking from the breach/barrel its either the valve cupseal or o-rings. it'll also leak if you gas it up without cocking it because the hammer tends to rest against the valve...thats totally normal though and should stop as soon as its cocked.

the noid gaskets can be a bit of a pain sometimess, especially if its been sitting for years with no oil or anything in it. if the lprs to high it will vent from the noid too.

put some grease on the gasket and make sure its seated in place properly, sometimes that will fix it. if not www.paintballgateway.com carries them.

id dump a lot of oil into the asa and dry fire it a bunch to work the oil through. might take care of it, it certainly wont hurt anything at least.