Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 PM #1
corbett218

corbett218 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
corbett218 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
corbett218 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Special project for oif and oef kia's

A little about myself first... I served 4 years in the United States Marine Corps from April 2008 to April 2012 and I did a tour in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I recently acquired a mint condition Etek 4 (only had 4 cases through it if that) for really cheap and I have a lot of plans for it...first thing I want to do is pretty much turn it into an ego with an am kit, oops asa, emortal board upgrade and a shaft 4 barrel milled out to accept freak inserts....this has already been done so don't really know why i'm mentioning it(except for barrel). The second part is getting a completely custom anno but I would like to have all the names of every single Marine killed in action in both Iraq and Afghanistan somehow squeezed and put on the gun as a tribute/memorial. I have been in the process of getting the names of all K.I.A. and so far have 1100 names. I know that will grow and estimate by the time I get all of them it will be closer to 1500-1600 names.

On one side of the gun i would like to have a graphic like this

and then on the other side, pretty much the same thing but with the Iraq and Afghan flag

as far as the main back ground color, I was thinking a desert tan or even a marpat desert digital if that would be possible

if anyone wants to take on this project please shoot me a pm with your estimate or if anyone knows a company that could do this please post up so I know who could do this.
corbett218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:27 PM #2
xsvdynastypballa

You could have someone laser engrave the names!

I was thinking...boy 1100 names would be a killer to have to mask or carve in. Then BOOM! I remembered a computer could do that. Just thought I would share my small, but sudden realization

Good luck with that graphic! It is definitely beyond my capabilities.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dynastypball...&_trksid=p3686
ADDING DIFFERENT SUPPLIES AS I CAN

NEED SOMETHING ANODIZED? CHECK ME OUT ON FACEBOOK!

http://www.facebook.com/CausticCustoms
xsvdynastypballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:35 PM #3
corbett218

I appreciate your input! the graphic doesn't have to be exactly like the one pictured just really want the American flag and Marine Corps flag on one side and Afghan and Iraq flags on the other
Old 04-06-2013, 01:49 PM #4
corbett218

anyone?
Old 04-06-2013, 07:06 PM #5
B3ARC1AW

Personally, I think if you included all your ideas onto just once gun it would be a little too much too handle. They're great ideas, but there isn't much room to work with on an Etek 4 to make everything fit I think.

If it were me, I'd do two guns and split your ideas onto each.

On one gun you could get a two face anno (Tonsixer has done this a few times). On one side you could get the marker masked and have the American flag across the whole body and then lazer engrave the Marine Corps symbol on it. And on the other side of body you could have a three color fade of the Afghan flag with the picture in the middle of their flag lasered onto the gun.

The second gun could be have the multicam background and all the fallen soldiers names lazered onto it.

But that's just me. I'm not an anodizer so I ca't help you in that department, just thought I'd share my two cents.

And as a side note, thank you for your service!
B3ARC1AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:50 AM #6
Stepchild
You wanna know why......?

Annual Supporting Member
Stepchild is a Moderator
Stepchild is a Supporting Member
Stepchild is a founding member
Stepchild plays in the PSP
Honestly, those designs would be extremely hard to do on one gun with anodizing and masking. Even if they were simplified. On top of that anyone who would take on the project would probably charge well more to do it than the gun itself would be worth, which is fine if you are willing to pay for it. You would probably be looking at 600+ (and that is probably a low estimate).

Your best bet would be to find the company that Dye or PE uses. They have the capabilities to do complex graphics because of the dye deposit machines that they have. Though this information is very hard to come by.
Dirt Products
www.blitzpaintball.net www.planeteclipse.com www.hustlepaintball.com

RIP Rusty Fox. You were my brother and my friend. You will never be forgotten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPZs_Nj65M8
Stepchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:33 PM #7
B3ARC1AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepchild View Post
Your best bet would be to find the company that Dye or PE uses. They have the capabilities to do complex graphics because of the dye deposit machines that they have. Though this information is very hard to come by.
Very hard to come by, or impossible to come by? In the hundred or so times I've seen someone asking what company does the graphics for those guns, I've never heard an answer. It would be awesome though for that info to be released, although I don't think it will be.
B3ARC1AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 PM #8
corbett218

alright thanks for your help...think I'll just have to gun completely anno'd black not sure about flat or gloss yet, and then have everything laser'd on...try and make it look like the Vietnam memorial
Old 04-14-2013, 02:06 PM #9
FallenHero_08
KCCO

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ARC1AW View Post
Very hard to come by, or impossible to come by? In the hundred or so times I've seen someone asking what company does the graphics for those guns, I've never heard an answer. It would be awesome though for that info to be released, although I don't think it will be.
Impossible, i have asked many times as well. They do some amazing guns. I would imagine that many of the companies that can do it, dont bother with paintball guns, and the ones who do, only bother with a larger contract, not just one gun.

A simple solution to OP would be to find a POW ego or geo, and have the names laser'd into it, which would be sweet on the orange, or would have a similarly sweet ghost effect on the silver.
FallenHero_08 is offline   Reply With Quote