PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-01-2013, 11:12 PM #1
inferno2inferno

The NewPbcity Review

So given that my thread on the subject received little initial response I decided to go to the field an provide Canadian ballers with a rubdown of my experience at the field.

First off the field itself. Way better lit and maintained than it was in past. I could actually see in front of my face! The only problem was the lighting in the buildings which tended to be dark on the ground floor. Ground was gravel base which was a substantial improvement over sand as I remember it being at one point in the past. The layout is an urban scenario which has a certain appeal.

Secondly the pricing. Paint was expensive. 60$ for 500 and 180$ a case; it was criminal. Unless your paint is made from gold there is no need to pay that much for it. This was the biggest turnoff. I would not pay that much for paint, ever.

Third the staff and clientele. Staff were nice and effective at their work although I felt the ref I had was a bit inexperienced he still did a good job. Client wise a good mix of owners who were into the scenario scene and a few renters as always. Things were kept balanced for teams which was good and I cannot really complain about the crowd.

Overall, I will say that this field is a structural improvement over the one before. Way cleaner and way better atmosphere. However, I would not pay what I did to play there. I mean if the paint was actually high grade and the field a really cool scenario like a recreation of Carentan or something than maybe I could justify the price to myself. In brief, good field, too pricey.
inferno2inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:11 PM #2
paddyboy

Go on Sunday after 3, 25 to get in 50 for a case!
paddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 PM #3
inferno2inferno

That is still not that great since they don't have BYOP.
inferno2inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups