Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2013, 07:30 PM #1
Jhw429

Question G4 problem

Alright I the ASA on heard a pop and air began dumping out of the barrel looked inside and saw that the o-ring right behind the feedneck was gone. I replaced it and then pop and the o-ring was gone again. Any help? I only put about 1000 shots through it reset it to factory settings changed backcap o-ring turned down fps and turned back up slowly all to no avail.
Jhw429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2013, 07:52 PM #2
stuff21397

I'm not sure but i would guess that the pressure is to high but you said you lowered it so I'm not sure. Make sure that there are no scratches or gouge marks in the groove or around the groove were the o-ring goes.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM #3
Jhw429

No scratches or gouges. Would bad lube make o-rings swell and then pop out. I am completely lost right now. It is 2 days old
Old 03-31-2013, 08:06 PM #4
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Did you remove the lube that came on it and replace it? That would be the first thing I would do and try it then. The stock lube is not good.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:16 PM #5
stuff21397

Lube could be an issue but lube that swells the orings would usually make them press into the groove better but it may cause an issue but it is less likely.

My second guess would be that the orings are too small for the grooves were they fit. If they were to small then the air would wrap around then then push them towards the bolt and they could then blow out. Do you have an oring kit for the g4? if so check and find one of the right size that fits a little less snug on the bolt so that it will press into the groove better.

Also make sure that the back cap is tightened all the way. I once didn't tighten it all the way (it was about three or so turns out) and what happened was the bolt touched the oring but only half way so it blew out the oring when i gassed it up.

Last edited by stuff21397 : 03-31-2013 at 08:19 PM.
stuff21397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:55 PM #6
Jhw429

Well nothing is working wiped down and replaced all o-rings replaced factory lube I've exhausted all air I have so now just gonna take it back to the shop and see what they can do. Thanks all for all your help.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 PM #7
Jhw429

Turns out the ball bearing in the regulator was stuck in wrong place and crappy dp lube
Old 04-01-2013, 05:02 PM #8
Vhyrus

You're lucky you didn't blow your noid.
Vhyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 PM #9
echoscammer
MILF hunt veteran

I had the same reg problem, accidentally ran 400psi thru the gun, didnt blow the noid or o-ring seals.
Originally Posted By Paper Cut: " To OP: you are aware that most people who picked the Geo are only picking it since it is made by Eclipse but have no idea that the Geo is actually a Dangerous Power G4"

I own highends but for giggles i shoot THESE
echoscammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:43 PM #10
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i did too, simple fix once you know whats wrong, my ball bearing was scarred up tho
smalltownkaos is online now   Reply With Quote